Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Easyjet - hand luggage (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/11984-easyjet-hand-luggage.html)

CathB 25-03-2015 17:46

Easyjet - hand luggage

I received the following email from Easyjet

Good news, you can now keep your personal items close at hand while on board the aircraft. From the 19th March 2015 easyJet Plus cardholders, Flexi fare and Upfront/Extra Legroom customers can bring an additional small under seat bag (handbag/laptop) on board the aircraft. This bag will need to be placed under the seat in front of you for the duration of your flight.

You can also continue to bring the maximum size cabin bag (56x45x25 cm), but in order to secure your overhead locker space we recommend that you use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to be amongst the first to board the aircraft

I don't know how long it will be before all passengers can bring an additional bag but its a start

alcanadakid 25-03-2015 18:05

Pluscard holders can also use the fast track security at some airports, but sadly Palma is not yet listed

snowy2007 25-03-2015 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 101612)
I received the following email from Easyjet

Good news, you can now keep your personal items close at hand while on board the aircraft. From the 19th March 2015 easyJet Plus cardholders, Flexi fare and Upfront/Extra Legroom customers can bring an additional small under seat bag (handbag/laptop) on board the aircraft. This bag will need to be placed under the seat in front of you for the duration of your flight.

You can also continue to bring the maximum size cabin bag (56x45x25 cm), but in order to secure your overhead locker space we recommend that you use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to be amongst the first to board the aircraft

I don't know how long it will be before all passengers can bring an additional bag but its a start

Don't also forget you are allowed to bring on purchased Duty Free goods.

pips 25-03-2015 19:04

I know I fall into the easyjet trap and pay to sit up front, mainly to get 1st on and off also to ensure my max size hand luggage case stays in the cabin because of no handbag for money, iPad and toiletries etc, so this is good news. Don't know why they didn't do it sooner.

CathB 25-03-2015 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by pips (Post 101623)
I know I fall into the easyjet trap and pay to sit up front, mainly to get 1st on and off also to ensure my max size hand luggage case stays in the cabin because of no handbag for money, iPad and toiletries etc, so this is good news. Don't know why they didn't do it sooner.

We pay for the extra legroom in row 1 but obviously cannot put bag under the seat in front 😉😉 so guess handbag will need to go in overhead locker...will test theory in 3 weeks time 😎😎

sws97sdg 26-03-2015 11:43

Its about time they did this, having to stick your small bag in your case when you go through the gate only to get it out the other side was a pain and a waste of time! Like you say Cath, sitting in the front we will need to put it in the overheads for take off and landing!

smg 27-03-2015 00:00

wing extra l r seats for us ...don't mind €10 on a 23 45 return for a kip & extra bag...

sws97sdg 16-04-2015 10:01

This from the Easyjet web site

Cabin Baggage
All customers can bring ONE cabin bag up to the maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. Overhead locker space is limited on board the aircraft and on busy flights your cabin bag may have to go in the hold.

If you’re an easyJet Plus cardholder, FLEXI fare or Upfront or Extra Legroom customers then you can bring ONE additional small under seat bag (handbag/Laptop) with a maximum size of 45 x 36 x 20cm which will need to be placed under the seat in front. In order to secure your overhead locker space we recommend that you use easyJet Plus Speedy Boarding to be amongst the first to board the aircraft.

Also as Snowy said a duty free bag as well as...

Items allowed in the cabin in addition to your cabin bag
Items you’re allowed in the cabin in addition to your cabin bag allowance include: an overcoat, shawl, umbrella, crutches or walking frame/stick and one standard size bag of duty free goods from the departure airport.

ragdollabbi 16-04-2015 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 101644)
Its about time they did this, having to stick your small bag in your case when you go through the gate only to get it out the other side was a pain and a waste of time! Like you say Cath, sitting in the front we will need to put it in the overheads for take off and landing!

It's about time everyone was allowed to take a small handbag as well as hand luggage. As you say we cram it into hand luggage for a minute only to take it out again probably even before we board aircraft......it's crazy:rolleyes: Just back and travelled with Jet 2 and had to do the same although hubby has a bag with a CPAP unit (for sleep apnoea) and although we had a letter authorising it as extra hand luggage we were never questioned once....makes you wonder :confused:

sws97sdg 16-04-2015 10:47

If you check, its not everyone, only those in extra legroom seats, ie the one you pay extra for, so not everyone yet!

ragdollabbi 16-04-2015 12:44

It should be everyone . How much space does a small handbag take up ladies:)

Nick 16-04-2015 13:21

And what about "manbags" if we're not going to be sexist here?!

sws97sdg 16-04-2015 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdollabbi (Post 102400)
It should be everyone . How much space does a small handbag take up ladies:)

Sorry, I see what you mean, yes everyone should, lots take iPads laptops etc now!

sws97sdg 16-04-2015 13:56

Put it this way, my man bag is a lot smaller than the wife's handbag!!

mike_dublin 16-04-2015 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 102403)
Put it this way, my man bag is a lot smaller than the wife's handbag!!

Are all the chargers in her handbag? ;)