Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pips
  • 2 Post By pips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-03-2015, 11:13
Super Moderator

Default New fast lane to security in Palma.

This has been reported in the UH Son Sant Joan estrena el martes un carril rápido de pago » Local » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:
Son Sant Joan premieres Tuesday fast lane payment.
Sant Joan Passengers using the fast lane queues avoid zig-zag on the approaches to the security filters.

The airlines agreed with AENA-Palma using the new fast lane (fast lane), which will become operational on Tuesday of next week, can charge whatever they want for passengers using this service. AENA, meanwhile, airlines receive EUR 1,5 per user chooses the fast lane.

The fast lane is located at the entrance to the security filters on the fourth floor of the terminal building Son Sant Joan and has as main objective to avoid the usual queues zigzag to access the security arches.

Each airline, in this sense, determined on a discretionary policy use of fast lane.

The Palma airport director, Jose Antonio Alvarez, announced Friday the launch of the fast lane in the presentation of the quality plan Palma de Mallorca Son Sant Joan 365.

"It's a service running in other European airports and on the Peninsula, if Barcelona. It is a response to demand from airlines because they want to give the best service to its customers preferred classes and speed your access to the security filters. AENA has enabled the hallway and staffed, hence it requires companies to 1.5 euros per passenger. Each airline will charge what they need or give free stipulates who sees fit. There are Sant Joan all he has done has been adapted to other European airports, "he said.
Old 14-03-2015, 11:29
Super Moderator

And here is the same story but from the Majorca Daily Bulletin

Quote:
Airlines to charge for fast track security checks.

By Humphrey Carter

Spanish airport authority AENAwill next week introduce a new fast lane through security at Palma’s Son San Joan airport.

Palma.—The airlines are currently negotiating with Spanish airport authority AENA the use of Palma airport’s new fast lane through security which is due to come in operation from next Tuesday.
The main objective is to offer passengers a quick alternative to the current time consuming zig-zag security filter process, but it will come at a cost.
As far as AENA is concerned, it only wants 1.5 euros from the airlines per passengers, however, the airlines have been given carte blanche to charge their clients what they like.
AENA has given the airlines leeway to do what they wish with the fast lane.
Carriers could decide to limit the fast lane’s use to only their VIPor business/First Class passengers at no extra charge or introduce a new levy for passengers wishing to pass through security as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Old 14-03-2015, 13:30

Why don't they just open more security lanes? seems to be another money making scheme for the airlines as they've been given no fixed price to charge, we're already charged plenty for extras when flying. Anyway I thought the airport owners want people through to duty free quickly to have a last splash of the cash.
Nick likes this.
Old 14-03-2015, 18:17

Every time we've passed through an airport my husband has suggested doing this. I suspect it will indeed be included as part of the business/First Class ticket package.
Old 14-03-2015, 19:11

There is already a completely separate (and quieter) security area if travelling business BA or Iberia and have Lounge Access. . It is accessed on the check in level rather than top floor.
Old 14-03-2015, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn View Post
There is already a completely separate (and quieter) security area if travelling business BA or Iberia and have Lounge Access. . It is accessed on the check in level rather than top floor.
This has been used for many years I have used it many times so not really sure why they are changing things. The entrance is at the back of check in hall
Old 14-03-2015, 23:14

So what do ordinary people do, can easyjet passengers use this separate security area? Can't see many holiday makers going business class. Would try to blag it myself if I didn't get into a lot of trouble
SENOR CIGAR and CathB like this.
Old 15-03-2015, 19:46

Maybe the airport will charge for the use of fast track lane. I know you can book fast track security through Dublin airport, Glasgow International and Stanstead using their own websites. The lane is next to the main security area so still have to go through the Duty Free. The cost is around £4-£5.
Old 15-03-2015, 20:28

Fast track facility available at at Leeds/Bdfd too, about £5 - £6. They also charge people £3 to get out of the airport when you have dropped someone off !
Old 16-03-2015, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by pips View Post
So what do ordinary people do, can easyjet passengers use this separate security area? Can't see many holiday makers going business class. Would try to blag it myself if I didn't get into a lot of trouble
At Gatwick South Easyjet Pluscard holders can use the fast track security. Unfortunately all the Palma flights go from the North terminal where it is not available.