Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/)
-   -   Monarch Leeds Bradford 2015 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/flights-palma-de-mallorca-majorca/11535-monarch-leeds-bradford-2015-a.html)

Rosie34 03-08-2014 18:15

Monarch Leeds Bradford 2015

Monarch have announced their 2015 flights but nothing from Leeds Bradford. I have emailed them to ask if they have discontinued the flights from LBA but have heard nothing from them so far. I have tried googling but nothing comes up re the Monarch LBA flight situation. Does anyone else have any information? Thanks.

joey36 03-08-2014 18:57

They have only released fares for Gatwick,Birmingham,Manchester and Luton.Other airports will follow shortly Im sure.Some of the prices are very good.

Papillon 04-08-2014 08:51

Rumour has it Monarch increasing number of aircraft by one in LBA and pulling out of EMA.

Rosie34 04-08-2014 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papillon (Post 97038)
Rumour has it Monarch increasing number of aircraft by one in LBA and pulling out of EMA.

This sounds good for LBA (and us) Papillon - but not for EMA:( Will keep everything crossed and not book Manchester just yet!

rioja 04-08-2014 19:04

Why not use jet2 from Leeds bradford?:)

fil6699 05-08-2014 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by rioja (Post 97051)
Why not use jet2 from Leeds bradford?:)

Could be because Jet2 IMO have lost the plot a little and are often the most expensive now. And Monarch are a better Airline :)
The really good news is because Monarch are part of Cosmos who have done a deal with the Sis Pins ( see earlier thread) who will be open all year. Flights with Monarch will actually start from LBA in Feb so don't panic

ragdollabbi 05-08-2014 08:58

Just had a quick look at Monarch site and looks like flights from LBA stop in November....nothing showing for December, January and February at the minute anyhow. Debating at the minute whether to go ahead with Jet2 for April flights or to wait :confused: Flights seem pricey at the moment although there is 20% discount. Should I go for it or should I wait...decisions, decisions :confused::confused:

Rosie34 05-08-2014 11:02

I've now had a reply from Monarch who say they are still finalising the LBA flights for next year so hopefully they will be out soon.:)

Rioja: We have always used J2 till last year and found the Monarch flights to be, not only cheaper, but much more pleasant - and the cabin crew were so genuinely friendly:) I did check the J2 flights for next year (May/June) and they came to £428 and the Monarch (from Manchester) were £360. (Inc extra baggage allowance) So as we would need a taxi to LBA at about £50 return, or an overnight hotel/parking at Manchester - the Monarch flights would still work out cheaper overall!

And yes, Ragdollabbi, it's always a difficult decision - do you hang on and hope the price will go down - or then again it may go up:eek:

ragdollabbi 05-08-2014 11:26

Unfortunately, from Scotland, in April, we do not have the choice of airlines, and for a weekend it becomes too costly and time consuming to travel south. Don't mind doing that for a longer break tho. We are travelling from LPL in October:). Going to have to make my mind up soon:rolleyes:

rioja 05-08-2014 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosie34 (Post 97063)
I've now had a reply from Monarch who say they are still finalising the LBA flights for next year so hopefully they will be out soon.:)

Rioja: We have always used J2 till last year and found the Monarch flights to be, not only cheaper, but much more pleasant - and the cabin crew were so genuinely friendly:) I did check the J2 flights for next year (May/June) and they came to £428 and the Monarch (from Manchester) were £360. (Inc extra baggage allowance) So as we would need a taxi to LBA at about £50 return, or an overnight hotel/parking at Manchester - the Monarch flights would still work out cheaper overall!

And yes, Ragdollabbi, it's always a difficult decision - do you hang on and hope the price will go down - or then again it may go up:eek:

Sorry Rosie, only trying to help, never flown with them myself!:cool:

Rosie34 06-08-2014 09:34

Sorry Rosie, only trying to help, never flown with them myself! Quote

Hi Rioja - Yes I know and that was the obvious question :) (and no need for apology:D) as J2 have gone from LBA for years and we did always use them - until last year when we tried Monarch and found we preferred flying with them:)