Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 1 Post By Rosie34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2013, 18:46

Default Cancelled flights

So much so for Easyjet putting on flights to Palma from Glasgow over the winter. We had booked 2 flights from Glasgow 8 Feb 2014 returning 11 Feb 2014. Just by chance I had to go into my Easyjet account earlier and there it was in bold yellow........I am sorry but your flights have been cancelled No reason, nothing Why do they advertise the flights and then suddenly withdraw them The other really maddening thing was, they didn't even get in touch my email to tell me this. If I hadn't gone into my account, I would not have known anything about it. Is this good customer relations......I don't think so. We are not happy chappies tonight I can tell you.
Nick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 23-08-2013, 20:31

sorry to read that rda, absolute middens gettin as bad as that irish mob
Old 23-08-2013, 20:34

just checked my dec flights all seems ok atm anyway
Old 23-08-2013, 20:55

gers, it looks as if they stop the flights after the first week in January (I think) and there are no flights in February at all. I phoned to find out why they cancelled but as the call centre is overseas, no-one could tell me. I am still waiting on an email from them though. As I work in a school I am governed by school hols and that was the Feb holiday weekend. I am not off again until April and the flights are not released for April yet Wouldn't mind going in December if I was off This is the first time we had booked to go off season and we were really looking forward to it even although it was a short break
Old 23-08-2013, 21:19

appreciate yer frustration hen must be a scunner

this xmas is the first time in years we've been able to fly economically from glw usually had to go from liverpool hope no more changes to scedules pal
Old 24-08-2013, 09:13

I can really understand your frustration - the airlines have us at their mercy and its even worse when you have booked and then they cancel without even telling you We poor passengers are just their pawns and they have no respect for us and just shove us from pillar to post ............. Grrrrrrrr getting really mad now
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:11

It actually gets worse Went online this morning to check what our allocated seats were for our October flight home as I was adding our son to the booking. What a surprise.....there were no seats showing although I have the original confirmation showing these. Had to phone to book my son as I was using the voucher I received when I challenged their price promise. Firstly they tried to charge me £20 more than the online price....bad enough....I then got what I thought was that sorted....£40.49 for the flight, £15 for luggage and £3.44 for what I thought was the seat next to ours!!! That should come to £59.13, but for whatever reason they wanted to charge me £62.49. I got so frustrated I just said I would pay the £2.49 (my voucher was for £60) with my debit card. I was then told that it would be another £10 admin:eek After refusing to pay this (I had to book by telephone) I was told that it was compulsory and he could not take the £2.49 or make the booking if I did not pay......I had to give in, in the end Our original seats which had been booked and paid for were now no longer available apparently and we had to be given other seats, therefore my son was no longer going to be sitting with us, and when I then questioned this, I was told......wait for it...."As a gesture of goodwill I will change his seat" The problems were caused by them, why then is it a gesture of goodwill Easyjet has just gone well down in my estimation and I will certainly think twice about using them in the future. Their customer service is appalling and I will be sending a letter off to that effect Sorry for the rant
JMD40 likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:37

It's the sheer incompetence and the refusal to admit that the customer is even occasionally right that gets one's goat I have had a frustrating 3 months trying to get Orange to repay £45 taken from my credit card for topups I didnt ask for or even get ........ but that would be totally going off-post Now try and take deep breaths and have something strong and potent to drink
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
It's the sheer incompetence and the refusal to admit that the customer is even occasionally right that gets one's goat I have had a frustrating 3 months trying to get Orange to repay £45 taken from my credit card for topups I didnt ask for or even get ........ but that would be totally going off-post Now try and take deep breaths and have something strong and potent to drink
Bit early for something strong and potent Rosie....not in PP just now.....unfortunately Just need to make do with a coffee I guess. I'm getting annoyed again as I cannot see this booking on my Easyjet account, but maybe it takes 24 hours...fingers crossed. If I have to phone them again tomorrow I think I will need to look for something stronger than coffee