Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 21:35

Question Flight prices

Hi, not even coming back to PP until next August, fly out of local airport, Bounemouth, so normally fly Thomsonfly, was going to book flights this Saturday at approx 250 plus 44 for bag each. Have just been on TFs website and prices have gone up another 50 each in the last few hours!!! What to do? hang on in there and see if they go back down or go ahead and book them? Husband wants to wait! Has anyone else had this problem? would love to hear what you think, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35

I would definitely wait to book as I have experienced this year our flights going down in the region of 75+ each. That was with Jet2 though. I don't know how Thomson flights will go, they may not fluctuate as much so if you really want to fly with them it might be better to take your chance and book now
Old 09-08-2013, 09:32

We use Thomsonfly from Bournemouth and have booked for June purely because we want a few extra days have booked the apartment and so therefore want to be certain of getting there without having to trudge to Gatwick Have you checked Southampton ? Flybe dont seem as expensive as they were previously

I watch their Lanzarote flights sometimes and they change very frequently Thomsonfly have gone up a lot over the last few years but because Ryanair dont put out their flights till late I dont use them

Your flights sound cheaper than ours for June so I wont look again !!

I do think the answer is how long is a piece of string ! It just varies with booking levels and our weather has a lot of influence on that !
Old 09-08-2013, 10:16

My advice would be to wait as long as you can.Nearly all of the airlines have special offers or sales over the winter.Anyway 300 is not cheap now and if the worst came to the worst you could fly with Ryanair (a last resort but it would be cheaper)
Old 09-08-2013, 13:34

Was the 300+44 for bag.....per person? If that is the case I just wouldn't book with them. I thought the flights were 300 for 2 people
Old 09-08-2013, 14:43

Thankyou so much for your replies, Yep, unfortunatly 304 plus 44 (per bag) each - does seem a lot of money the more i think about it. I shall look at Flybes prices out of Southampton, not out yet, as a last resort will have to fly Ryan air.
Old 09-08-2013, 14:56

Oh my goodness!!! Can't actually believe this but flights on TF website have now gone up another 40 each so an increase of 90 each in two days!!!! Might even have to make that dreaded Gatwick trip!
Old 09-08-2013, 16:09

Flights are becoming a joke now....so expensive. Personally I would make the journey to Gatwick to get cheaper flight. We usually travel to Newcastle (about 2.5 hours) have an overnight and look on that as winding down for your holiday
Old 09-08-2013, 17:56

It would be cheaper to book a package and just use the flight.

Last edited by joey36; 09-08-2013 at 18:01.
Old 09-08-2013, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Flights are becoming a joke now....so expensive. Personally I would make the journey to Gatwick to get cheaper flight. We usually travel to Newcastle (about 2.5 hours) have an overnight and look on that as winding down for your holiday
rda, some smashing flight prices from GLA EJET over winter if interested?

it's all supply and demand spose!

looks like first time in years local winter flights will be at reasonable prices
Old 09-08-2013, 20:12

in addition, has anyone booked through barrhead travel flights to PP?

they claim on their website they are BA scheduled flights from GLA to PMI

just wondered if this is indeed the case and what was folks experiances, ta gers
Old 09-08-2013, 20:50

Hello Janey

Flybe are out for August next year I was looking for flights for next September to somewhere else earlier and they were out so just checked Palma Dont seem to do a Sat but every other day I think

Good luck !
Old 09-08-2013, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
rda, some smashing flight prices from GLA EJET over winter if interested?

it's all supply and demand spose!

looks like first time in years local winter flights will be at reasonable prices
Gers, we have already booked easyjet from GLA for 3 days in February. Only problem is we leave on the Saturday afternoon and the flight does not arrive in Palma until almost 7pm so it is a kind of wasted day. Would be better if flight was in morning
anne10aber likes this.
Old 09-08-2013, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1873 View Post
in addition, has anyone booked through barrhead travel flights to PP?

they claim on their website they are BA scheduled flights from GLA to PMI

just wondered if this is indeed the case and what was folks experiances, ta gers
Gers, yes they are indeed BA scheduled BA flights from Glasgow only run on summer at the moment. I know people who have used and are a great service. I phoned Barrhead Travel as their website does not let you choose their flight far enough ahead for us. They also try to sell you their afternoon service before their morning flight at 07.30. They seem to hold seats for their packages to a certain time.

However, will try again for next summer. Rows are for 2 only each side of the aisle, includes baggage in price and allocates seats at check in and I think food is included.

PS if booking on line watch that you choose their BA flights as they also offer Jet2.

Last edited by Luckyone; 09-08-2013 at 22:11. Reason: Time
Old 09-08-2013, 22:56

There is also a BA flight from Edinburgh on a Sunday. Tempted to book for June! 0700 departure EDI and departs PMI 1200