Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2013, 19:48

Default Easyjet Price Check Refund!

Keen to get the best Easyjet deal on flights from Liverpool to Palma this summer I booked in February thinking this would give me cheaper flights than leaving it any later.

After being promted by friends to recently check flight prices to see if they had fallen since the time of booking and being sent this article I have just claimed a 175 credit note after ringing Easyjet and enquiring about the post booking 'price fall' policy.

Its well worth checking if the same Easyjet flights you've already booked are cheaper before your flight. If they are, you could be entitled to a decent refund!
Mark, alcanadakid, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-07-2013, 09:41

Thank you for that...i will check prices paid on my bookings and will monitor

Eating Out
Old 25-07-2013, 16:57

That's a very interesting article - didn't know anything about that.

I've just checked our flights for next week, and they are currently 50 cheaper than when I paid for them.

The only thing to note is that, according to that article, you don't actually get the money back in the form of ready cash - it is a credit note to be used against future flights, and is only valid for 6 months. We won't be taking another holiday in 6 months, so 50 would probably only get one of us from Luton to Edinburgh on a Thursday afternoon (not that there's anything wrong with Edinburgh!), but it's still got to be worth looking at.

I think I will keep an eye on it over the next few days, and if the prices get any lower, then I will certainly go for it.
Old 26-07-2013, 13:32

glad to see people checking on this - we got 300 credit a few years back, & were able to use it on a 'bonus' trip (to Edinburgh, actually - fabulous place)
Old 26-07-2013, 17:26

I wish now that we'd booked with Easyjet and we may have got something back. Unfortunately when I emailed Jet2 about the drastic reduction on our flights, all I got was "tough"
Old 26-07-2013, 17:38

I have checked my bookings and it only gives you the total amount paid..i cant seem to find a breakdown. I guess i could work it out by adding on the cost of baggage and seating..

Eating Out
Old 26-07-2013, 17:48

Yeah we are using Easyjet coming home in October and like you Cath I can only find the total price, but at the minute it looks as if I paid 40/50 more than I would have paid booking today. Not sure whether to hang on and see what happens or contact them. Only other problem is what would I do with a 40/50 credit to be used in the next 6 months I think my lesson learned is "don't book early"
Old 26-07-2013, 20:15

have booked for Oct/january and it would be ok as i am waiting to book flights for April and July next year...i think a little of maths to be done tomorrow

Eating Out
Old 12-08-2013, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
I think my lesson learned is "don't book early"
Same here

Our November flights have dropped in price by about 24 and I don't really have a use for a 24 voucher in the next 6 months, (even though I would like to )

No more booking early for me as it's not worth it unless you need specific dates for school holidays etc.

Most of the villa prices in the early or late season also drop by large amounts if you leave it to the last minute so no point in booking a villa or flight a year ahead unless you have specific requirements.
ragdollabbi and roig cat like this.
Old 12-08-2013, 13:12

My son also got a decent refund on a July Liverpool/Palma flight cost on the Price Check Refund.

Just one thing to note, whilst you have to use the voucher within 6 months, that means BOOKING, not travelling. With Easyjet flights being offered well ahead of departure time, this can work very well.

Personally, I'm a big Easyjet fan. Both flights this year (got back from two weeks in PP on Saturday - post to follow) left on time and arrived early.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2013, 13:14

Have just tried to phone Easyjet to make a claim on our October flights, and surprise, surprise...................their systems are all down...............lucky white heather
Old 12-08-2013, 22:09

Ah well, it could have been Ryanair - can't see any likely Price Check Refund there! Better luck next time.....do please post to let us all know how you got on with that.
Old 13-08-2013, 08:50

Just checked flight prices and they have gone up since yesterday Going to phone them anyway as I asked for my call to be logged yesterday. Will let you know how I get on.....fingers crossed
Old 13-08-2013, 09:23

After 2 long phone calls to Easyjet after being cut off the first time (don't know how much they'll have cost) I am now in possession of a voucher for 60......not bad on one way flights that cost around 165 initially Now where can I go....let's get back on to the Easyjet website
Old 13-08-2013, 09:34

Just checked my flights for September and the return is the same but the outbound flight are 70 per person dearer

On island time!!