Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca

Flights to Palma de Mallorca, Majorca Anything related to flights to & from Palma and airports (UK & PMI).

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clinkham

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44

Default Jet2 Summer 2014

Got this from Jet2 yesterday....

"We’re delighted to be the bearers of good news! As you’re a member of the new and improved myJet2, we’re making sure you’re the first to know about our upcoming flights to your favourite destinations! Alicante flights for summer 2014 go on sale on 14th May*, followed by Palma on 16th May*.

*Please note that whilst we expect to have flights go on sale on these dates, timings may change. Please check the website for actual availability."

Last edited by clinkham; 09-07-2013 at 20:27.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-05-2013, 15:37

I heard yesterday that they have released summer 2014 flights for those who want to get ahead.
Old 19-05-2013, 19:13

we usually booked jet2..but this year going by British Airways...half the price.

we have to fly from heathrow..but is no real problem. we could have got connecting flights from manchester
Old 19-05-2013, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivram View Post
we usually booked jet2..but this year going by British Airways...half the price.

we have to fly from heathrow..but is no real problem. we could have got connecting flights from manchester

Just done a quick check with BA. They have direct flights from London City to Palma, but flights from Heathrow include a change at Madrid for onward travel to Palma
Old 09-07-2013, 18:47

Default Jet2 10% discount on 2013 and 2014 return flights

Just got this from Jet2. Annoyingly, booked and paid for allocated seating for our October flight on Sunday night. Grr!!

"Get 10% OFF ALL 2013 & 2014 return flights!

Our 10% OFF* SALE is bigger and better than ever! That's because we've extended your 10% discount to ALL 2013 AND 2014 return flights. So whether you want a last-minute trip or plan to soar away in summer 2014, right now is your best time to book! From city sights to beach delights, more than 50 destinations have 10% OFF. Plus, we're even giving you 10% OFF our travel extras, including check-in, baggage, in-flight meals and reserved seats. This amazing offer must end soon, so enter SALE10 at the checkout to get 10% off at Jet2.com"

Here's the small print.....

*Terms and Conditions - 10% Off Return Flights
• Promotional code (SALE10) must be added at the time of booking.
• Offer valid on all flights booked from 1200 on Friday 5th July.
• Offer valid for return travel from Friday 5th July 2013 to 17th November 2014– by which time all return travel must be completed.
• 10% discount will be applied to the total of any flights (including tax, but excluding credit card charges) and in-flight retail products purchased at time of booking (excluding purchase of any travel insurance or car hire via Jet2.com's website).
• Applicable to new bookings only.
• One discount per booking.
• Customer must be aged 18 or over to place a booking.
• Offer only available when booked online at • Offer not available on one way flights.
• Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount.
• Offer excludes group bookings.
• If flight dates or any passenger names are changed by customer following the original booking, the discount will no longer apply and the balance shall become payable upon such change being made.
• Jet2.com reserves the right to amend or remove this promotion at any time prior to customer booking.
• All other terms and conditions as per the Jet2.com website apply.
Sparky likes this.

Last edited by clinkham; 09-07-2013 at 18:55. Reason: Remove links (I've alwyas wanted to copy Sparky and do that)
Old 09-07-2013, 21:29

Think the new "ruling" has to be leave your flights as late as possible. Our October flights booked and paid for too although this time only going out on Jet2 and coming back with Easyjet. Still would equate to a lunch perhaps while away
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04

We booked our May 2014 flights with Monarch a couple of weeks ago - compared J2 on the same terms (extra kg with Monarch) and Monarch worked out over £100 cheaper We are also flying with Monarch this October - we have never flown with them before so hopefully it will be a good experience I never got to use my 'loyalty' points free seats on J2 as there were never ever any available on our flights and the £486 cost of this years May fares was the last straw
Old 10-07-2013, 08:20

Flew with Monarch many years ago and they were great then, but don't know what they are like now. I think we would need to travel to Manchester to use them as I don't think they fly from Scotland/Newcastle. Jet2 have become very expensive now and when they start to fluctuate their fares closer to departure times it becomes very annoying We have never used any of our loyalty points either and I am not sure if we ever will. Are you still able to get points when booking flights?
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38

Just noticed this morning that Monarch also have £20 off each flight at the minute.....good saving if you've still to book
Old 10-07-2013, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Flew with Monarch many years ago and they were great then, but don't know what they are like now. I think we would need to travel to Manchester to use them as I don't think they fly from Scotland/Newcastle. Jet2 have become very expensive now and when they start to fluctuate their fares closer to departure times it becomes very annoying We have never used any of our loyalty points either and I am not sure if we ever will. Are you still able to get points when booking flights?
I seem to remember a while back that J2 announced that Palma flights would no longer qualify for the free seats. I stand to be corrected but that's what I understood.
Old 10-07-2013, 20:38

Rosie, you could well be correct as I do remember booking flights some time ago and the message came up saying that the flights did not qualify for points. I did not know what the reason was though.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Rosie, you could well be correct as I do remember booking flights some time ago and the message came up saying that the flights did not qualify for points. I did not know what the reason was though.

I understood that only a small number of 'loyalty point' seats were available per flight, rather than no seats at all to a particular destination.
At the moment all flights except 2 from Blackpool to Palma in August have free seats available - some with 15 seats some with less. Points required varies between 600 and 200.
I must say, we don't fly with Jet2 for the points - the scheme was far too complicated and depended on being a reqular flyer - at least 3 or 4 flights a year to build up enough points to get a freebie before the timelimited points were cancelled.
Rather we prefer to fly when we want to from the bus stop that is Blackpool airport - small convienient and friendly - and apart from Sat Sun flights, civilised flight times.
Now if Jet2 did a deal with Tesco Clubcard points that could be a winner.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:33

Going slightly off topic I know, but we did consider flying from Blackpool this year (one of the cheapest for Jet2) but were put off with the negative reports re parking on site Appears to be a very small airport!!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50

I just checked the J2 site re loyalty points - and the scheme ended in April this year - they said it was too complicated and were introducing 'something else'. Without boring everyone with the details, I did find a bit in the terms and conditions regarding loyalty points up to that date, and Palma was not included in the destinations earning points. Presumably, you can still redeem them on a Palma flight). See link below

myJet2 Selected Routes