Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Public transport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/9173-public-transport.html)

wilcoxon 12-08-2012 10:02

Public transport

Hi.
I`m having some difficulty with the Bus Timetables link, and the timetables shown are 2009.

I`m staying at the far end of the Pinewalk, at Playa Mar , close to the military base.
I want to visit, Alcudia old town, Pollenca old town,.
Do I need to walk to the harbour bus stop to get these buses.
I can see there is a bus to Formentor, but does it run often.
Also Porto Christo seem to be accessable, but how long to you have there.

Sorry if the answers are out there somewhere, but as I say I`m having trouble finding them.

Sparky 12-08-2012 10:22

Here is the link to the public transport website :- TIB - Mallorca public transport - Bus, Train, Tube, Bicycle - CTM.

Generally it is best to go to the main bus stop, as many of the others are request stops.

Hope this helps :).

pollensa 12-08-2012 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilcoxon (Post 74753)
Hi.
I`m having some difficulty with the Bus Timetables link, and the timetables shown are 2009.

I`m staying at the far end of the Pinewalk, at Playa Mar , close to the military base.
I want to visit, Alcudia old town, Pollenca old town,.
Do I need to walk to the harbour bus stop to get these buses.
I can see there is a bus to Formentor, but does it run often.
Also Porto Christo seem to be accessable, but how long to you have there.

Sorry if the answers are out there somewhere, but as I say I`m having trouble finding them.

I'm afraid that the actual times on the site on Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers still need updating but for each line we do have a link (above each table) saying "View the route & Download the timetable here" - this takes you directly to the official page TIB page & the correct timetable to download.

whaleywanderer 12-08-2012 10:59

All buses run from the main bus stop in the centre of PP, where you can get buses to most local towns. There is also a service (think it is called 'RED') that runs down the East coast, Porto Cristo included but these are only 1 a day, during the summer only, go to tourist information for details. It may be worth asking the Playa Mar if they have a shuttle bus to take guests to the marina.

The only bus that stops near to the Playa Mar is the Formentor bus but you would need to check the timetable out as there are not many, perhaps 4 or 5 a day.

wilcoxon 12-08-2012 18:55

Thanks to everyone for your help

So it looks like these are my buses. Do you agree ?
Monday to Friday

340. Pollenca to Palma. This seems to be the best for getting to Pollenca from PP.
352. Can Picafort to Port Pollenca for Alcudia , last bus back 16.15
353. Can Picafort to Port Pollenca to Formentor. Seems to be the same 16.15

I do know the stop by the Playa Mar, we got picked up there for excursions.
Otherwise it seems like it will be a walk to the main stop by the harbour.

What about the boats to Formentor, can you get on without booking beforehand ?.

molly 12-08-2012 19:28

Public transport

Always use buses. Drivers very helpful. Pick up timetable from driver or tourist information.
Molly. :)

whaleywanderer 13-08-2012 10:03

[QUOTE=wilcoxon;74769
What about the boats to Formentor, can you get on without booking beforehand ?.[/QUOTE]

The ferry is a lovely way to arrive in Formentor. You get your ticket at the little kiosk on the jetty, 11€ (I think) return.

andrew711 13-08-2012 11:58

Can Picafort-Pto Pollensa line 352. Last bus from Can Pic to Pto Pollensa is 19.45 and from Pto Alcudia 20.30. Last bus from Pto Pollensa to Alcudia/Can Pic is 21.00.

Buses from Pto Pollensa to Formentor at 10.00, 11.30, 15.15, 16.30 (except Sundays); last one back is at 17.30.

Porto Cristo. Frankly, I wouldn't bother. Buses take for ever and the timings for returns are normally far from convenient.

wilcoxon 13-08-2012 20:23

thanks for the help,