Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Lluc Monastery.. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/7337-lluc-monastery.html)

lovethepinewalk 06-05-2011 10:59

Lluc Monastery..

Good Morning All,

Coming over for a few days in a couple of weeks time, & remember on a previous visit when we got the bus to Soller, & left the car hired back at the apartment so that we could enjoy the views from the bus, one of the stops that the bus made was outside the monastery..... Can any forum member who has been to this lovely looking building please advise....

Is it worth a visit?
The cost of admission?
I take it that it would probably be a half day visit as the time you would spend there?
Is there any place inside where you can have lunch?

Any information would be much much appreciated....:)

Sparky 06-05-2011 11:50

Definitely worth a visit, the air up there is so clean, there is a cafe which i am told is good value for money but there are also BBQ pits and a picnic area.
The monastery itself is beautiful with a fantastic stained glass window and when the sun shines through it is quite breathtaking.:D

Belladonna 06-05-2011 11:53

It is absolutely worth a visit ltpw! I have found a link for you which gives some information and a few prices;
Monastery Lluc on Mallorca

There is a little cafe there if I remember correctly, but not really a restaurant I dont think.
A lovely rustic "garden" to wander around outside too - take sensible shoes!! Lovely building inside and out.
Would definitely be at least half a day - depending on how long you to took to admire everything. If the weather is good, it will take longer as you will want to appreciate the outside for longer obviously.
Actually, now I can remember it more, I must put that back on "places to return to" list!:)

pescador2009 06-05-2011 12:13

Agree with the above posts. I 'always' visit Lluc on my visits to P.P.
There is a restaurant as well as the cafe, there is a museum (small entry fee) but to the monastry itself there is no fee. Interesting building and grounds. The monastry itself has a 'feel' to it, especially when the choir are singing.
Good picnic area, possibility of siting birds of prey; black vulture, red kites, etc., if you are lucky. They are usually very high in the sky so take your bino's.
Also lots of walks around the Lluch area. Enjoy.
Ohhh and come back via the Inca direction if you like twisty roads?

lovethepinewalk 09-05-2011 13:19

Thanks for the info folks.....

I only have access to a computer from Monday to Friday, so couldn't respond until now.....

Should be at the monastery probably on Friday next week, to soak up that lovely fresh air...... Thought about that on the London tube this morning.....It really was like the reverse of a coin.....

Thanks once again:)

Baron de Lay 13-05-2011 22:05

If you've finished your walk around the monastery and fancy a nice meal in somewhere just a little different, there's a great restaurant called Es Guix just up the road. (Google it for more info / map etc.)

Looks nothing from the outside, but has a lovely tropical garden with a freshwater pool fed from the mountain streams, which you can swim in if you have a meal. - And if you're brave enough..... It's SERIOUSLY cold!

Well worth a visit.

jamesfshaw 14-05-2011 06:18

One of the respondents talks of a bus to Soller. I am not aware of a bus from Puerto Pollenca. You need to catch the train from Palma.

pollensa 14-05-2011 08:15

There is a bus that goes between Puerto Soller and Can Picafort that stops at Pto Pollensa and LLuc - Line 354 - see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers Unfortunately I've just noticed that the Transport website has changed its pages so the links to the timetables aren't working at the moment - see CTM - Lnia 354 for the correct link. I'll update the site as soon as I can!

susiejb 14-05-2011 17:00

We always carry on from Lluc (which i agree is well worth a visit) to Sa Colobra. Great for a hair raising drive down the bendy road ..... Especially if you meet a coach coming the other way :D

frito 14-05-2011 23:28

Lluc

Lluc is always a delight to visit, but one of the best kept secrets is the exhibiton of paintings by Coll Bardolet.
Coll Bardolet is famous for his paintings of Mallorcan dancers, and Lluc has two rooms of his paintings!
You have to pay to go into the museum, which is great if you like museums!
If you walk through the museum, at the end are two rooms dedicated to Coll Bardolet's paintings, with a short video about his life.
Coll Bardolet died a few years ago, and, as a result his paintings have gone from affordable great modern paintings to remind you of Mallorca, to collectable works of art.

Well worth a visit.

Cheers!

Frito:)