Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 21:01

Wink 4 nights no kids ...... what to do first??

Hi all

We visited pp last summer for the first time, with 5 kids in tow (aged 9 to 19!). We had a great time if not a little hectic!! I have just booked Hotel Sis Pins as a surprise trip for my partner ..... 4 nights and no kids during July!! Limited time, so want to make the most of it!! Suggestions of "must see/do" while we have the opportunity please. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 22:20

Catch up on years of sleep and the other s
We first went away on our own a couple of years ago and spent the first few days looking behind us for the missing children, so it will take a bit of getting used to.
It is just so lovely to go for a coffee and read the paper, have lunch then a siesta, stay on the beach as long as possible as no one is demanding tea and a rest before a lovely evening meal in one of our favourite grown up restaurants, few drinks on the way back on then more drinks on the terrace...Then the next day do it all again with a trip into Pollensa to sit and watch the world go by with a drink.
For a fab lunch out La Victoria is my choice as I wouldn't fancy the drive at night.
I am sure there will be loads more suggestions - but - enjoy as the time will fly by
Old 03-02-2011, 23:20

Long day out driving somewhere lovely, perhaps to the other end of the island, with no kids saying "Are we there yet?". It depends if you want to stay local or want to explore further afield really.
As Jo says, it will take a little time to shake off that feeling of responsibility you always feel about the children, but when you do, you will suddenly feel like real people again though, whatever you do!
Old 04-02-2011, 00:28

long long lunch by the waterside at Stay ..... tapas or the mdd.... with a nice wine or cava

Slow walk back to hotel for about 5pm ..................back to bed for several hours ................. wake up rejuvenated and off out again ....... if you have really gone to town over lunch you won't need to complicate the evening with any food so wander up to the Illa D'or and have a cocktail by the water and then quiet stroll back into town and catch the Hustlers and party away till the early hours with no worries about getting the little ones home to bed

Also ...... if you are there on the weekend of 18/19 july there is likely to be an all night beach party as part of the fiesta ....... come on admit it .... when was the last time you stayed up until 6am partying ?.................... neither of us will see 40 again but we went last year and had a great time and yes there were lots of young people there but also many our age as well

Actually having just looked at the ages of your children I guess your older ones could give you better advice re nightlife than us oldies so perhaps I should stick to more grown up suggestions

So on a more sober note ............... there are lots of lovelly galleries and museums in the old town ......... and when you go without the children you can take your time a bit more ......

You could go to Formentor for a picnic as the sun sets ; go for lovelly lazy long walks round the bay ; hire a couple of bikes and pedal off into the sunset ; get a couple of Kayaks and rather than have to paddle furiously to keep up with your kids just bob along on the lovelly waters of the bay; go to alcudia old town and walk around the walls at your leisure; go to Valdermosa ..... stopping at Lluc on the way ..... not suggesting you can;t do this with kids but its soooo relaxing when you only have yourselves to think about

Last edited by its cd; 04-02-2011 at 00:42.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:34

Why not go to Can Vidalet for a wine tasting
Old 04-02-2011, 11:25

Wow! Good one cd! You were really there writing that one weren't you! Some great ideas.
GG, short but sweet!
Old 04-02-2011, 21:09

Thanks for the great ideas. Will definately try and do some of them. Arrive on Sunday 18th (morning) as luck would have it, so the fiesta will be an added bonus. Very excited, my partner does not know yet (Birthday in April, so will be told then) not sure how I am going to keep it secret for sooooo long!! Thanks for all your suggestions very much appriciated
Old 04-02-2011, 23:20

Fantastic firework display on the beach on the sunday night tell him you had it laid on in his honour

Bella you are so right in fact right after I posted I started looking at flights for fiesta week
Old 05-02-2011, 19:04

Boo hoo we miss the fireworks again this year as we fly back on the saturday
wont miss the disco on the beach though

Eating Out