Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Parking in Palma (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/6954-parking-palma.html)

kathboy 17-01-2011 14:40

Parking in Palma

Hi All,

We're coming to PP in August and would like to visit Palma for the first time in a few years. We would like to drive there and wondered whether anyone has tips on where to park, how expensive it might be etc? Or should we leave the car behind and get the bus?

kathboy

Belladonna 17-01-2011 15:54

Hi kathboy. If you dont mind driving, and actually like it, then by all means drive to Palma, risk the queue to the underground carpark by the Cathedral, pay your 2 euros an hour (I think) and be independent. However, unless you go early morning, you do risk long queues in high season, and many people prefer to let the bus take the strain! Check out this past thread and see if it gives you any help.

Click; http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...313-palma.html

kathboy 17-01-2011 17:56

Thanks Bella, I suspected this might be the answer. What about driving to Soller and getting the train?

kathboy

Belladonna 17-01-2011 18:45

Would make it a pretty long day I think and the drive is quite long too. Never done it that way myself as I think Soller deserves to be done by train as an outing on its own. Its lovely to do, then get the tram to the harbour there as well.

romanb 17-01-2011 18:54

Another option is to drive to Festival park and park there and then get the train, we have done this a couple of times and had a little look around festival park as well. Not sure how many stops you are from Palma but it is quite close and easy to park.

El Gordo 17-01-2011 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by romanb (Post 53611)
Another option is to drive to Festival park and park there and then get the train, we have done this a couple of times and had a little look around festival park as well. Not sure how many stops you are from Palma but it is quite close and easy to park.

Sounds like an excellent idea Roman, is the station adjacent to FP. Some further details would be interesting.

Major Tom 18-01-2011 09:47

Hello,
We have often park in the underground car park infront
of the Cathedral by lake/fountain, stay in near side lane
to gain access to slip road.This car park is very near to the
old part of Palma, and shops!

romanb 18-01-2011 18:54

If you are coming from Pollensa when you come off the motorway to festival park the station was on the side of the car park that you come to first we had to cross the road (not the motorway) and it was just across from the car park a five minute walk at most. If you were in festival park looking towards motorway it was on the left hand of car park.

kathboy 18-01-2011 19:54

Thanks for all the advice. Will let you know how we get on!

clinkham 18-01-2011 20:17

If you decide not to drive into Palma, an easy alternative is to use the train from Sa Pabloa. Neat little car park next to the station, or take a connecting bus from PP or P.

Exit the (underground) train station and cross the road and you are in the centre of Palma. Easy.:)

roig cat 18-01-2011 20:49

I agree with Clinkham, the train from Sa Pobla is hourly and cheap and very convenient. Great views all the way to Palma and full of locals which makes for great people watching!

Took us a while to find the station, we turned right when hitting Sa Pobla by mistake! TURN LEFT and follow the ring road.

El Gordo 18-01-2011 21:18

Thanks Roman

Sa Pobla Train sounds very Interesting. I remember passing the station when I got lost last tme I was there!!:D

Reminder!!!! bring Satnav!!!:)

romanb 19-01-2011 19:21

We too have taken the train from Sa Pobla and we got lost in Sa Pobla. It is a lovely journey we have taken the journey three times in all but the last visit was via Festival Park. Can recommend both. We have also taken hire car to Palma and parked in the car park near the cathedral, but I am a little nervous driving in Palma itself it has always been really busy, so when my daughter and I wanted to shop we took the train.