Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-2010, 16:29

Smile A November weekend in Pollensa and North Mallorca

25th - 28th November.

Instead of a Christmas pressie, my husband and I usually book a citybreak late November. However, this year we decided to spend three nights in Pollensa;(we had enjoyed a winter break in December 2009 and realised how lovely the area is out of season.) The flights from Bristol with Easyjet were perfectly timed to maximise our break. As I have mentioned before on this forum, our children were not invited BUT little 10 year old begged to come when she realised where we were going!
We rented an apartment via Owners Direct in the Colonya Valley. The apartment was cosy and warm, we woke to sheep bells in the morning and glorious views of the mountains. Bliss.
We spent the weekend walking and eating. On Friday we walked from Orient to Castell D'Alaro, and then drove to Soller for a Menu del Dia. On Saturday we did an 11KM walk around Lluc. The weather was just perfect for walking, at times our coats were tied around our waists! (Twas -7 degrees at home!) We also fitted in the walk to Boquer Valley.
On Sunday morning, before our flight home, we went to Pollensa market and to the ESRA Christmas fete in the cloisters. Our daughter used her last euros on the tombola stall and won an electric drill, a bottle of wine and a manicure set; none of which would have been accepted as hand luggage!! Typical, we never usually win anything!!
Had I known any of you lot who live in Pollensa, we would have given you our winnings BUT we exchanged them for more tickets and won a plastic wine cooler! Daughter was happy so we were too!!
I'm now at home, it's freezing outside - counting down the months until our next visit!
Sponsored Links
Old 29-11-2010, 16:44

Please provide more details of your walks.
We are thinking of something similar.
Old 29-11-2010, 19:16
Super Moderator

RC i am so glad you enjoyed your weekend, the weather was good for walking wasn't it.
Old 30-11-2010, 15:59

Sounds like you had a great time and glad to see that you supported the winter wonderland.
Old 30-11-2010, 18:20

Great to read positive reports about Pollensa in November. Its lovely (when weather is kind to us) and you can do all those things that you would not dream of in August. You were luckier than us on the Tombola - despite several goes we had nothing. I understand they made 3000euros for the disabled school charity which is fantastic and all thanks to the wonderful support of the local community.
Old 30-11-2010, 21:16

Hi Lobsterpots,

We used the book "Walk Mallorca (North and Mountains)" by Charles Davey. We did walks numbers 25, 29 and 36 this time. Really easy to follow although we find the terrain often more challenging than depicted on some of the walks!

Great to hear ESRA raised 3000 euros! I hadn't heard of ESRA before Sparky advertised the "Winter Wonderland" on this forum and yes the weather was just perfect for walking and the best thing about walking in November is that you don't meet that many other people doing the same thing!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:45

Any one can join ESRA you don't have to be resident ,we have lots of "comers and goers" as they are lovingly referred to here. If anyone would like to know more go to the ESRAMallorca website. PP is in the North District.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:00
Super Moderator

I am told the final total raised was 3361€ and the school raised 300€on their own stall, well done ESRA North and Gary.
Old 04-12-2010, 17:02

Yes Sparky, that was correct, The cheque was presented to the school yesterday at the ESRA Christmas Lunch. It was indeed down to Gary's hard work and that of his band of volunteers.