Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 21:40

Default Bus from Soller to PP

We want to do the round trip from PP to Palma to Soller and back to PP that Pollensa described recently.

If we get the bus back from Soller to PP, will we be able to get on there or will it be packed with people who got on at Puerto Soller? Will we get a seat? Don't fancy standing all the way to PP!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 21:53

Hi Bean Counter.

From past experience the bus can be full leaving the port, but thats usually in the morning with all the walkers who get off at Cuber Dam.
If it's late afternoon you should be ok, fabulous trip back to PP through the Tramuntana mountains.
You could allways get the tram down to the Port and catch the bus there?.

Regards
Carl.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54

We did this trip the other way round this year - 1000 bus from PP to Port Soller - tram from Port Soller to Soller - old train from Soller to Palma - bus from Palma back to PP (last bus 2030).

The main advantage doing it this way round is you do not have to rush around to catch the last (and only) bus back to PP from Port Soller at 1515. The buses from Palma to PP are every hour.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15

Thanks for your advice, Carl and Whaley. The reason we didn't want to go down to the Port to catch the bus was that we just wanted to chill in Soller - leisurely lunch, leisurely stroll round.

Pollensa's post earlier (May, I think) really whetted my appetite. And, having done some research, I think we're going to plump for 36 Luna to have our meal. Any other thoughts, anyone?

But I think we'll go for your excellent suggestion of doing it in reverse, Whaley. Sounds much more flexible and, being me, I'll be more relaxed if I'm not relying on the only bus back!

We arrive on Monday - can't wait!
Old 28-06-2010, 16:13

I see the bus leaves Soller for PP at three in the afternoon but can anyone tell me if they have moved the bus stop from more or less right at the front where the tram stops.I am staying in Deia for a couple of days before heading for PP.
Old 28-06-2010, 20:48

Below is a quote from Pollensa's post in May 2009. We found it OK - by asking! The bus stop is just in front of a little kindergarten-type school. And, as Pollensa says, the bus leaves promptly!

"We then had a few worried minutes trying to find the bus stop - it has moved since they part pedestrianised the front. It used to be on one of the quays near the tram stop. It is now at the end of C/ Eglesia. To find it, stand by the tram station with your back to the sea, turn right, walk along & you will find C/ eglesia on the left. The bus stop is at the end on the left-hand side. The Pto Pollensa bus (final destination Can Picafort) isn't listed there but it did arrive at 5 to 3 & left just before 3pm so make sure you get there early. The bus to PP takes 2 hours and takes the windy mountain road on the West side. It may stop at Lluc and Cala San Vicente depending on demand - it didn't that day - but was still a lovely ride & no-one needs to drive!"
Old 28-06-2010, 22:16

Apart from the bus driver I hope
Old 29-06-2010, 11:13

Thanks Bean Counter,just what I was looking for.