Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Somewhere we haven't seen before... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/5765-somewhere-we-havent-seen-before.html)

annascotland 13-03-2010 20:32

Somewhere we haven't seen before...

Any suggestions for a day out from PP for 4 of us (one with walking difficulties)? we have been visiting PP for years and seen Cala san Vicente, Pollensa town, Palma etc but still like to take a one day trip on each visit to see more of the island.

Mark 14-03-2010 10:37

Hello Anna,

Will you have a hire car or does the day out need to be planned around Buses / taxis etc ?

Also what time of the year ?

Mark.

Bigandyg 14-03-2010 15:35

The local bus goes over the hills to Soller and gives you time for a look around and lunch before returning at 2.30,That was the time last year and the run is a lovely one and very cheap,think you also get some time at Lluc monastry on the way.

annascotland 14-03-2010 18:56

No we won't have a hire car, will have to be by bus/taxi, thank you

annascotland 14-03-2010 18:56

Sorry forgot, end August/early September

Grandad 18-03-2010 16:46

For an adventure day I caught the bus from P>Poll to Sa Pobla where the bus meets the train which goes through the interior to middle Palma. Once there you walk accross the road and catch the Soller Train. Once in Soller you can catch the tram to the port. and then reverse everything to get you home. It works out as a cheap day excursion and if you go to the very helpfull Information centre in P.Poll they can give you all the times you will require.

pollensa 18-03-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandad (Post 41288)
For an adventure day I caught the bus from P>Poll to Sa Pobla where the bus meets the train which goes through the interior to middle Palma. Once there you walk accross the road and catch the Soller Train. Once in Soller you can catch the tram to the port. and then reverse everything to get you home. It works out as a cheap day excursion and if you go to the very helpfull Information centre in P.Poll they can give you all the times you will require.

See my report on that trip last year http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post30281 :)

annascotland 18-03-2010 20:04

That sounds just perfect for us, many thanks!

pollensa 18-03-2010 23:19

My only concern for you, if you have someone with walking difficulties, is getting the bus back to PP from Puerto Soller (if you choose to go back that way) as you need to walk along the front & then down a side street. The bus stop is at the end of this side-street. We went to look for it before we were joined by my brother & mother-in-law as she is not always too good at walking. You may need to give it plenty of time.

Bigandyg 19-03-2010 18:57

Have they changed it Pollensa as we catch it more or less where the tram stops right on the front.

pollensa 19-03-2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigandyg (Post 41330)
Have they changed it Pollensa as we catch it more or less where the tram stops right on the front.

When did you last get it? We went last April (2009) & a lot of the front has now been pedestrianised so it was in a side-road (C/ Eglesia I think) as described in my post. We were a bit worried as it is not listed on the stop & the people in the shop opposite didn't think it existed - but they are closed at 3pm! But it arrived just before 3 & left pretty promptly.

ray 19-03-2010 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by annascotland (Post 41162)
Any suggestions for a day out from PP for 4 of us (one with walking difficulties)? we have been visiting PP for years and seen Cala san Vicente, Pollensa town, Palma etc but still like to take a one day trip on each visit to see more of the island.

where is etc?

Bigandyg 19-03-2010 22:51

We have used it often but not in the last year,we try and stay in Deia for a few days and just get the bus to the port for the rest of our holiday which saves a huge taxi fare.

annascotland 03-09-2010 21:15

Thanks to all for advice, just got back from PP and while there had a most enjoyable trip to Soller. We took a bus at 10am from PP (approx 14euro) over the mountains to Soller, it took just under 2 hours, with spectacular views, we could have taken a tram ride to Puerto Soller (1hour - 3euro return trip) but instead treated ourselves to a delicious lunch in the square and then a train ride at 2pm (1hour - 10euro) to Palma, opposite the train station was the bus station where we caught a bus (5euro approx) back to PP. We would highly recommend this scenic trip at only approx 30euro per person and at civilised times.