Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 20:05

Default taxi pp to lluc monastery december

Hi I would like to get from Pollenca or puorto pollenca by taxi (9th december late afternoon beginning of the evening)
(because I found there are no buses going in december and I have only a few days on mallorca and don't want to go over Palma in the middle of the day)

Does anyone know: will it be easy to find a taxi in december in either pollanca or puorto pollanca willing to take me to Lluc monastery (at around 17:00 o'clock or so)
And (about) how much would a taxi to Lluc monastery from Pollanca/puorto Pollanca be?

And anyway is december a good time for walking around the Lluc monastery? (and also cycling/walking around pollenca)
And should I book for the accomadiation at the Lluc monastery in advance?

Thanx a lot in advance!

Last edited by estheres; 06-11-2009 at 11:35.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 23:02
Founder

Hi there,

I should think there will be taxis at the rank but you could always contact one of the drivers listed here & book in advance Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers The rate to Lluc appears to be 35 EUR.
Old 05-11-2009, 23:02

Hi Estheres, Sorry I can't help with information about taxis to Lluc but we stayed at the Monastery accommodation this week. It is always better to book although there should be no problem with rooms in December. We paid 35 euros for twin rooms per night. When you phone it would be wise to check that the restaurant is going to be open. There were only about 15 people eating there on Sunday evening and it was 'All Saints feast day'. If the restaurant is closed there is nowhere really else to have an evening meal out of season and you may need to take something with you. The restaurant does not serve breakfast.
Lluc is a really amazing place to be out of season but it can get quite cold in the mountains. Wrap up well. The rooms all have central heating though!
Old 06-11-2009, 00:41
Super Moderator

I am sure any taxi driver will be happy to take you to Lluc.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:55

Wow thank you for these quick responses.
It will be my first time in Mallorca and as december is off season (and I am not very much into travelling by taxi (wherever) anyways) I was not sure if there are taxis around.

@ ryanaclan also thanks a lot for your reaction! This is usefull info-better to bring some food just in case
Did you do some hiking around the moastery?

I am really looking forward to come to Pollenca and Lluc!!!

More info from anyone who stayed recently at Lluc monastery and/or took a taxi from pollensa is always welcom!

Last edited by estheres; 06-11-2009 at 16:56. Reason: wrong smily + I added a few words
Old 19-12-2009, 17:19

To share my experience for others who might have simulair questions:
Getting a taxi from Puorto Pollanca taxi-stand was no problem at all. There is a couple of taxis waiting all the time (also in december). If there is no one at the taxis the drivers might be for a coffee oposide the road
The prices are fixed prices and was 35 euro to Lluc Monastery.

I found Lluc moanstery a very nice place to stay the night. Beautiful Monastery in beautifull surroundings. Rooms have everything you need and more, if you don't want luxery. But you have the luxery of central heating a bath tube clean sheets and towels etc. anyway! For my standerd as a backpacker it was actually luxery!
And so very peacefull and quit at night!!!
Good thing you can leave for a walk in the mountains very early if you stay the night. Which gives enough time also for longer walks. You can leave your luggage at the reception. I found the people at the reception all very friendly!
I will probably come back!

Last edited by estheres; 11-01-2010 at 10:56.
Old 20-12-2009, 01:12
Founder

Thank you very much for reporting back Estheres. Am glad you enjoyed your trip & that we could help.