Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 13:27

Default Best day ever.

Several year ago we were in PP for a fortnight but also going to Deia for three nights where we were staying in a lovely wee hotel called Des Puig or as it is called the hotel on the hill.The first full day we had we decided to walk to the beach which was a quite difficult downhill walk through fields and dodging donkeys with only the last bit having any kind of path.We got there pretty sweaty and decided to have a drink and enjoy the view,we were not looking forward to the long difficult walk up back to the hotel when we heard a rumble of thunder in the distance.Quickly we decided to get back to the hotel and set off at a fair pace,within five minutes the storm hit.The rain was torrential and then the thunder and lightening started above us it was so frightening as we were caught out in the middle of nowhere in terrible conditions.Very soon we were wading through water as it rushed down the hill and my wife was in tears as she thought she was going to die as the lightening exploded all around us.Eventually we reached the hotel and we were in a terrible state,soaking wet and covered in scratches from our dash up the hill.We collapsed in a soggy heap on our room floor and downed a couple of brandy minatures that were handy.That afternoon both ourselves and the weather had recovered and we decided to go for a gentle walk.Deia has a lovely small church on the top of a hill and in the distance we could see a crowd in the grounds of the church and so decided to investigate.As we go closer it became stranger as the crowds turned out to be nearly all photographers all with cameras with huge lenses.Being nosey we of course immediately joined them and asked what was going on.It turned out that one of the Corrs sisters were getting married and had some special guests. the doors of the tiny church opened and out walked the bride and groom followed by Bono and the rest of U2, all hell broke loose as the photographers tried to get their photos and my wife was extactic with excitement and we walked beside the guests as the wedding party walked down hill to the car park where a fleet of identical Mercs waited to take them across the road to La Residencia.At the bottom of the hill Spanish TV had a quick interview with the group with us of course standing beside them,all the pictures were in the glossy mags the next week.Quite a day indeed I hear you say but it was not finished yet.That night we went to this bar for a drink which had a group playing,the tables were mainly outside on a terrace and we were lucky to get a couple of chairs.There was a strange pall of smoke above the bar which I had to explain to my clean living wife just what it was.The people watching was tremendous and suddenly despite there being no tables the bar staff were making room for another table and who sat next to us but Bob Geldorf and his girlfriend who was the french princess in Braveheart,also with them was a young fed up looking Peaches.My wife was for once speachless and totally gobsmacked.So there you are was that not a day to remember?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 13:33

Wow FANTASTIC!! Very jealous, Bigandyg.
Old 06-08-2009, 13:35

Seeing Bono and the rest of U2, I think I would have fainted...

Wow! What a fab day and thanks for sharing it with us!
Old 06-08-2009, 16:36

Amazing! What colour were the Mercs?!! ()
What an absolute change about from agony to extasy - not in THAT way! LOL!
Old 06-08-2009, 18:13

Wow Bigandyg what an amazing day...well the second half anyway

That lot will take some beating in the celebrity stakes!!
Old 06-08-2009, 18:13

The Mercs were a fleet of identical silver people carriers.
Old 06-08-2009, 21:31

makes our celebraty spot pale into insignificance doesn't it Debz
Old 06-08-2009, 23:23

Malc would think not
Old 06-08-2009, 23:27

Do tell! Or have I missed a post somewhere?