Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2009, 22:01

Default Trip Report - WOW!!!

Hey Guys,

This is a long post lol!

Well I spent a week in PP last month, the 19th of May we arrived and it was AWESOME!! So much so that I just booked up again for THIS September lol! I have no idea how I am going to afford it, but I will worry about that later, I am just so excited to be coming back so soon.

I went with my 2.5 year old daughter, my mum and her husband and it was just amazing. Not only was the weather absolutely beautiful the place itself is just outstanding.

We stayed at the Villa Concha, which was fab, the apartments were basic but totally fine for our needs, very clean and tidy, the staff were very friendly, the pool was gorgeous, the surrounding area very clean, quiet and only 2 mins walk from the glorious beach and about 10 mins from the Marina.

We spent a few days on the beach which was lovely, had an unexpected trip to Formentor beach which was well worth a visit, absolutley beautiful. I say unexpected as we thought we wee going on the Glass bottom boat, which we did but it was just being used as a ferry at that particular time and the glass bit was roped off lol.

We managed to get to and from Marineland on our own using public transfer, that was a great day out, it was very hot though and tiring, but the public transport is really lovely and clean and straight forward.

We did one arranged trip through NO FRILLS excursions. I have to say I was dubious about the trip before we went, the name suggests very basic and uncomfortable excursions. But seriously, it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Please, please, please do not be put off by the name.

I chose this particular tour because it took you on the Soller Train through the orange groves, and this was the ONE thing I was desperate to do. But on the trip we got so much more.

They picked us up from the apartment, took us through the very hair raising and impressive mountain road to Sa Colabra - gorgeous ad time to check out some amazing sites and walk through man made tunnels in mountains. We then got on a wee boat which took us to Puerto Soller and we had time for lunch, then a little Tram to Soller, where we had time to go to the Miro and Picasso exhibition, then onto the Blossom Express through the mountains back to just outside Palma, where the bus picked us up and took us home.

If you do any trips when you are there do this one, you get to see so much of the island and the guy who did our tour was so lovely and friendly and so funny.

We ate out a few times in PP, Tolo's was nice, I had the Veg Paella, delish. And we had tapas at a resturaunte near the begining of Pine walk, which I cant remember the name of, but that was gorgeous too.

My daughter just started potty training about a wek before we went ad we did nip into the Mirimar just to use to loos too, Lovely toilets they have lol!

I just cannt wait to go back, staying at Villa Concha again, and hoping to see some of the south east of the island this time, especcially Caves of Drach!

Sorry it was so long!

x
Sponsored Links
Old 15-06-2009, 22:04

Default No frills excursions!

Please do not be put off by the terrible name. There tour I went on was absolutely outstanding. I did the Majorca tour.

PP - Sa Colabra - Puerto Soller - Soller - Palma.

The price included the Bus, Tram, Boat and Blossom Express. I have went into a bit more detail about the trip in my other post, but just felt it deserved a little post all of its own.
Old 15-06-2009, 23:08

Hi Melfi

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. It sounds like you had a fab time and I'm glad the weather was good. I also stayed at the Villa Concha on my first visit to PP when my daughter was 3 yrs old. We've been to back to PP many times since and, even though she's now 20, my daughter still loves the place and will be coming with me when we visit next month.

Have a great time in September! LK
Old 15-06-2009, 23:11
Super Moderator

Melfi, i am so glad you had a good time here. Thanks for your report and there is no need to apologise.
Old 16-06-2009, 12:45
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfi View Post
Please do not be put off by the terrible name. There tour I went on was absolutely outstanding. I did the Majorca tour.

PP - Sa Colabra - Puerto Soller - Soller - Palma.

The price included the Bus, Tram, Boat and Blossom Express. I have went into a bit more detail about the trip in my other post, but just felt it deserved a little post all of its own.
See
Excursions & Water parks in Majorca Mallorca as No Frills organise most of the excursions listed & take the hassle out of driving yourself or sorting out public transport.
Old 16-06-2009, 13:20

Hi Melfi - thanks for posting! Sounds like you have the PP bug too now!!

Enjoy your next break.

Lala
Old 16-06-2009, 14:31

Default No Frills Excursion

Are the no frills buses air conditioned. My husband is not a very good traveller and if we decide to go on the trip to Soller, it would be so much better for him if the bus was cool.
Old 19-06-2009, 10:42

Summersun,

I have just been reading the No frills excursions page. The coaches are air-conditioned. But the trip that Melfi wrote about includes a boat trip, so if your husband is not a very good traveller, it might not be a good idea. But Melfi made it sound so fantastic that I am just about to book that trip myself! Sounds great.

Melfi, Do they pick up at any hotel in PP, or just at one particular spot in PP?

Thanks,
Old 19-06-2009, 18:54

The Caves at ARTA are better IMHO Drach to touristy and predidctable.
Old 20-06-2009, 10:06

I like the caves at Campanet - much smaller than Drach but quiet and pretty surroundings

GG
Old 23-06-2009, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerSun View Post
Are the no frills buses air conditioned. My husband is not a very good traveller and if we decide to go on the trip to Soller, it would be so much better for him if the bus was cool.
Yes they were air conditions. Lovely big clean buses. The road to Sa Colabra is very windy and high? Maybe not suitable for someone who isn't such a great traveller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Summersun,

Melfi, Do they pick up at any hotel in PP, or just at one particular spot in PP?

Thanks,
They picked us up at the main road, which was about a 2 mins walk from our appartments, but there were lots of different pick up points and they would get the bus as close to the hotels as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
The Caves at ARTA are better IMHO Drach to touristy and predidctable.
I will check that out thanks very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
I like the caves at Campanet - much smaller than Drach but quiet and pretty surroundings
Thanks, I will check them out too!
Old 23-06-2009, 22:46

Default Caves at Campanet

Hi P.P. fans just read the trip report regarding visits to various caves in Mallorca. IMO the best of the lot are the ones at Campanet. I have been round on 7 or 8 occasions over the years. No big crowds (like Drach) pleasant people to show you around and descriptions in several languages.
My better half doesn't like caves so she just takes a book and has a coffee on the terrace which has wonderful views over open countryside. The terraced gardens are also well kept and there is plenty of parking. This may sound like a bit of an advert but it is just a high reccommendation from someone who loves P.P. and the surrounding area.