Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2009, 22:36

Default Where park in Palma?

I am intending to visit Palma for day out over Easter by car driving from Pollensa. Where is the best place to park for the day? It will be my first time so I am not familiar with the town but have a street map.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 31-03-2009, 23:28

We always park in the underground car - park under El Cortes Ingles. From PP you join the Palma ring in a clockwise direction ie not towards Andraitx. You take the first exit into the City. At the traffic lights at the end of the slip road you turn left. You follow this road for about 2km? and the entrance to the car park is off a slip road on the right hand side. Its very central + convenient. Nowhere near as expensive as UK city car parks.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usandthetwokids View Post
We always park in the underground car - park under El Cortes Ingles. Its very central + convenient. Nowhere near as expensive as UK city car parks.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree and the underground carpark by the Cathedral is also inexpensive and possibly a little easier to get to if coming from PP. Can't recall where ticket machines are at Corte Ingles car park (euro coins required) but the Cathedral machines are on every second floor which can be a little confusing.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30

We intend to make the trip later this month. So news of your experience would be very useful.

A local from PP told me that they usually make for a train station on the way, park up end enjoy the journey via train.

I have in the past caught the train from Palma as far as Inca (as part of a rained off walk with Richard Strutt) and found it enjoyable. I believe the train now goes as far as Sa Pobla?? and is being extended to Alcudia.

Has anyone made a trip via train?

There is a link to Bus and train on the left menu, here is a link to the Train timetable (pdf)

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 01-04-2009 at 09:43.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:03

Agree with Sunproperties, we always use the underground c/p by the Cathedral, next to the river, seems the easiest one to find!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:13

We use to drive into Palma but now pop over to Sa Pobla and catch the train. The kids enjoy it more than sitting in the car. The Palma station is quite central so you can walk to most of the tourist attractions. Just check the times before you go.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:31

For a first visit I would recommend using the car park in front of the Cathedral. The entrance is off the Paseo Maritimo (the road around the bay).

If you are more confident then I would also head for the car park under El Corte Inglese (can't remember the road) the entrance and exit are in the central reservation. The ticket machines are inside the store I seem to remember.

GG
Old 01-04-2009, 12:00

Default Palma car parking

Likewise we have always used the one down by the cathedral, easy to find, has it's on lane entrance, clearly marked, keep extreme right then your not having to change lanes.
Old 01-04-2009, 13:14
Founder

You can also get the bus or bus/train - change at Sa Pobla for the train - it takes longer than just the bus but makes a nice change. Timetables are here:Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
Old 01-04-2009, 18:51

Depending which day you intend going in to Palma over Easter, the cathedral car park may be heaving. The easter celebrations are massive there and the train suggestion is a good one in any case
Old 01-04-2009, 21:11

Wow! Thank you all for your suggestions.
I did not consider the popularity of the cathedral at Easter which is one place I was going to visit.
I have looked at the map and the car park by the cathedral does look like the easiest, but I will also consider the train.
Hola its GL, I’ll let you know how I got on with the trip.

Thank you
Steve.
Old 15-04-2009, 20:49

Just returned from my trip to Pollensa . What a great time. Just leaving some feedback on my trip down to Palma. We opted for driving down to Palma and parked in the underground car park in front of the Cathedral by Parc del la mar, where the pond is. It was easy to find and to get to. There was some queuing to get in but there was plenty of parking when inside. It cost 1.70 euro per hour to park and you pay at a machine before you get back to your car and then use your ticket to open the barrier to leave the car park.