Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Real Mallorca football club (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/4409-real-mallorca-football-club.html)

lovethepinewalk 22-03-2009 08:39

Real Mallorca football club

first time on the pollensa website.......coming over in April for about the 10th time...so really love the area...would love to see a match in Palma....any info on organised match excursions to and from the ground...tickets, travel ect. many thanks

gers1873 22-03-2009 11:40

i always catch a game when i'm there if real are at home

there are plenty locals travel down for the games, just ask around the bars and one of the locals will let you know where the supporters bus leaves from

there is no need for a ticket as most gates you can pay at, not expensive either compared to the uk, i went to the osasuna game last october and it was 15 euro

few years ago when beckham and mcmanoman were at madrid i went to copa del raya game midweek and entry was 5 euro, great to see all the madrid stars on show at the time

forgot to mention there can be a bit of trouble afterwards with local youths, suggest you try and hook up with locals from pp to keep you right

liz d 22-03-2009 19:22

"No frills" did exsursions to the game from PP last year, they may be worth an email (click on Excursions and days out on the left). They left flyers in our hotel reception. :)

lovethepinewalk 26-03-2009 14:09

Thank you very much Gers & Liz for the prompt reply......I tend to go into JK's Bar for a few beers over the time we are there, so will start the ball rolling from there (no pun intended)......Plus, I will try the excursions as you suggested Liz.....

Thanks for the info about the trouble after the game Gers........I will certainly stay with the coach group.....

Cheers once again....

sws97sdg 26-03-2009 15:37

Just for your info, they are playing away the weekend of the 5th of April. Home to Almeria on the weekend of the 12th, away on the 19th, home on the 22nd to Valladolid, away the next week and then home to Getafe on the weekend of the 3rd of May. Shame you will not be there on the 17th of May, home match against the mighty Barca.

ray 27-03-2009 09:06

nofrills were charging 46euros last year for ticket including transport. Don't forget with all the hotel pickups it can take two hours each way to the match and they're usually 9pm kickoffs. I think Gers was unlucky as generally the atmosphere is a good family one with no hassle. If you get a hire car it's only a 30minute drive to thge ground and easy to get to with plenty of parking

stev1em 27-03-2009 13:34

I am over in the summer,and being an avid football fan, I would be interested in looking in or around the stadium.
Is it worth seeing and/or are there any tours around the stadium as such??

ray 27-03-2009 20:47

No tours that I know of. Only a 24000 capacity. Not terribly interesting away from match days. The team are looking to develop a new stadium elsewhere in the "British style"

gers1873 29-03-2009 11:06

the trouble i experianced at a couple of games was mainly with teenagers, and i was told it was not rival fans at each other but youths from differant areas of mallorca fighting, nothing like the running battles we get here in the uk though

theres not much to see at the stadium itself, very uninteresting really just a big lump of ugly concrete, theres not really a great atmosphere at the games either, usually only about 20,000 at the games and with the stands being so far away from the pitch and being uncovered other than the main stand it can be very quiet at times

easy to drive to and park at from pp, i usually just follow signs on palma motorway for andratx and the ground is well signposted there after

sws97sdg 19-10-2011 08:42

Real Mallorca go international in style

Palma.—The new initiative was launched last weekend in Palma by the President of the TUI Travel Group Michael Frenzel and German Real Mallorca shareholder and board member Utz Claassen.
It is all part of a plan to broaden Mallorca´s international feel.
Claassen said that he wanted to open up the club to the thousands of tourists who come to the island every year. TUI are now selling tickets to see the Club from the stands to the Director´s box.

A TUI spokesman said “it is early days still but we feel that it could be a success. People can now combine their holidays with a visit to see a Spanish first division football match.” Real Mallorca is attempting to increase its gate numbers and tourists are an obvious choice. “We are also interested in forming clubs for non-Spanish supporters,” said a club spokesperson.

There is a strong following for the club in expatriate circles on the island at the moment.

cumberland8 19-10-2011 19:43

Its about time they realized their potential.

sws97sdg 19-10-2011 20:15

Just realised that Real Mallorca are playing Real Madrid next time we are over for St Antoni in January, on the 15th, now that would be a game worth seeing!

sws97sdg 01-06-2014 08:14

Not many posts about Real Mallorca, mainly because they were relegated after these posts and being in the 2nd division they don't get to play the big clubs anymore.
This season again has been a bad one for them, and with one game to go next week there is the real chance of them being relegated from the 2nd division into the wilderness of the equivalent of non league football, a win would see them safe, but unfortunately they are away to Cordoba who are chasing a playoff place for promotion to La Liga! So it doesn't look good I'm afraid, and the chances of going to see Barça or Madrid playing in Mallorca are not looking very good for quite a few years now. Keep your eye on the result next week

STOXIE 01-06-2014 10:01

All very sad-I used to always look at their results and if memory serves me right they were within the top 5 of La Liga two seasons ago with draws against Barca and Real. What has gone wrong?

sws97sdg 01-06-2014 10:12

The usual I think, all your best players get snapped by bigger teams, once you go down the revenue drops an you lose more players etc!! I think they have had money problems, like a lot of clubs, but if the drop down all this gets even worst!

sws97sdg 07-06-2014 18:48

Still 0-0 :mad:

Finished 0-0, I think that May be enough, need to wait and see

sws97sdg 07-06-2014 19:24

Phew as I thought they escape relegation by 1 point :):):)

gers1873 07-06-2014 20:26

just made it by skin of their teeth! glad they did or would of been relegated into the wilderness, not too many years ago watched often against RM Barca etc

much the same as my own team I suppose :(

mwc 08-06-2014 10:26

Yes really pleased they stayed up. Had planned to go & see them last Sunday having checked the fixtures before we left, only to find out when I looked what time kick off was last Sunday they had actually played Saturday. Like gers1873, doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago I watched them play Real Madrid, Ronaldo & all though Gers at least you get to visit Palmerston next season !!

Sparky 08-06-2014 11:35

Word is that Abramovic is going to buy the club, so they could be on the way back up....hopefully ;).

sws97sdg 05-06-2016 07:00

Not much changes, once again they managed to stay up by the skin of their teeth by winning their last game!

martinchip10 05-06-2016 21:46

Real Mallorca RCD

Just wanted to say congrats to the Real Mallorca football team for staying up by the skin of their teeth with a fine away victory at Real Valladolid today that keeps them in the Segunda A Divisione.
Just hope they can sort out their off field issues very soon.
Vamos Los Bermellones!!

martinchip10 05-06-2016 21:48

Great news. Need to sort out their off field issues.
Vamos Los Bermellones

mike_dublin 06-06-2017 08:28

https://majorcadailybulletin.com/spo...-meltdown.html

Quote:

Real Mallorca Football Club suffered dire consequences on Sunday night when they and their supporters had a dagger thrust through their hearts as the team dropped into the Spanish footballing labyrinth known as Segunda B. The club now face total meltdown in every department as we say "adios" to professional football after 36 consecutive years.

see full article on the MDB website

Sparky 06-06-2017 09:41

It is very sad :(.

cumberland8 06-06-2017 12:17

oh dear thats awful, we love their ground.

martinchip10 27-03-2018 22:24

As the season enters it's last few games Real Mallorca are top of Segunda B by 7 points with 7 games to go so looking good for promotion to La Segunda Divisione. Great to see so many young Spanish players turning out for them.
Vamos Los Bermellones.

Bircho 28-03-2018 03:30

In a very bad run though. Were 12 points clear at Christmas but the two clubs chasing them have also had a couple of poor results. The league is a pig to get out of as even winning it puts them in a play off against other 3 group winners for 2 places. Although there is a further chance if they lose that as they go into a further play off against teams who finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in their groups. Its a bit complex!

Game away at Villarreal 2nds on 15th April looks like being a proper six pointer.

mopezone 02-04-2018 00:14

Thinking of taking in the home game on Sunday 21st April - any info about kickoff time, prices, need to book tickets or just show up, best part of the ground to go for etc?
Any advice gratefully accepted!

Bircho 02-04-2018 00:48

You can buy online here:
https://entrees.es/busqueda/mallorca

They don't have a lot of the ground open so may be limited as to where you can go but avoid behind the goal if you can unless you want to sit with "the ultras" !

Worth going for a drink in the sports bar at the ground before the game. It's a really good atmosphere.

mopezone 02-04-2018 11:25

Thanks for the info!

martinchip10 12-04-2018 20:24

5 games to go and 6 points clear of second place Valencia.
Huge game against Elche this weekend.
Vamos!!

Bircho 13-04-2018 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinchip10 (Post 122202)
5 games to go and 6 points clear of second place Valencia.
Huge game against Elche this weekend.
Vamos!!

Its live on IB3 if you want to watch it. 12pm kick off (11 am UK). IB3 have live youtube channel on which it will be shown.

WARNING: Quality of games can be a bit errr not great.

martinchip10 15-04-2018 20:36

0-0 and 4 games to go with only one against a team in the top half. Still 6 points clear.
Vamos Los Bermellones.

sws97sdg 23-04-2018 09:07

Just watched the highlights great 3-1 win, stunning 3rd goal!!

Bircho 23-04-2018 09:44

Villareal B (0-0) and Elche (3-3) both drew so the gap is 8 points to 2nd and 9 points to 3rd with three to play.

Two points from last 3 games will secure the group 3 title .... and then the fun begins.

Other group winners have also still to be decided but as it stands Rayo Majadahonda look favourities for group 1, Sporting Gijon II head Group 2 (but Mirandes are only 2 pts behind them) whilst Cartegena lead Marbella by 2 points in Group 4. Sporting Gijon II will not be allowed to be promoted unless their first team, who are currently 2nd in Segunda, are also promoted to La Liga.

sws97sdg 23-04-2018 09:57

I see Barca B are in the relegation zone in the 2nd Div, show Barca's squad problems this season, could pass Mallorca going the other way!!!

sws97sdg 06-05-2018 16:13

Mallorca back in the 2nd division? :)

James 06-05-2018 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 122586)
Mallorca back in the 2nd division? :)

Unfortunately not yet. They’ve won their group (of 4) in Second B. They now need to win in the playoffs against the winners of the other Second B groups.

Bircho 07-05-2018 05:32

The 4 group winners are seeded by the number of points they get with highest playing 4th and 2nd play 3rd over 2 legs. The two winners are promoted (they also play each other for the league championship title).

It is complex but basically teams who finshed 2nd and 4th in each group play each other and the ones who finished 3rd also play each other. The winners of those games are joined by the two losers from the group winners games and eventually two more clubs are promoted.