Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Real Mallorca football club (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/4409-real-mallorca-football-club.html)

Bircho 21-04-2022 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_dublin (Post 135210)
https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...al-points.html

see full article on the MDB website

(Mallorca up to 16th in the table, outside of relegation, with Granada and Cadiz playing today/tomorrow)

That was a rather tense 10 minutes of injury time to win that. Alaves were pumping the ball into the area and it was being headed clear but with a formation of 10-0-0 it was coming straight back to be headed away again! Strange because they were very comfortable for the first hour until a spectacular own goal!

In Primera Division RFEF, Atlético Baleares thumped Barcelona seconds 6-2. They are upto 4th, two points clear of 6th in the fight for the play-off but they are 6 points behind 3rd. 3 points seperates the top 3 in the fight for the single automatic promotion spot. Next up Real Madrid's second team visit the Estadio Balear on Sunday, 11 am.

mike_dublin 09-05-2022 07:53

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...x-pointer.html

Quote:

Real Mallorca 2 - Granada 6

A six-pointer, as they say, both Mallorca and Granada scrapping to avoid the drop from LaLiga Santander.

The goal didn't give Mallorca the impetus they required, and on 69 minutes Granada once more had a two-goal advantage, thanks to 40-year-old striker Jorge Molina. Raíllo went from hero to villain, when his error let in Myrto Uzuni to make it five for Granada on 76 minutes. Molina scored his second just before the end of normal time, the stadium by now less than half full.

Mallorca, with three matches left, are now seventeenth with 32 points from 35 and an inferior goal difference (-30) to all the other teams battling against relegation....

see full article on the (new!) MDB website

Remaining three matches -
away to Sevilla
home against Rayo Vallecano
away to Osasuna

mike_dublin 12-05-2022 08:54

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...on-battle.html

Quote:

Sevilla 0 - Real Mallorca 0

With three matches remaining, Mallorca, in the relegation zone in eighteenth place, were away to Sevilla,...

Reina saved from En-Nesyri, and that was it, a point for Mallorca that could prove decisive in their bid to stay up. The final two matches are at home to Rayo Vallecano (this coming Sunday) and away to Osasuna on May 22. Neither Rayo nor Osasuna have anything much to play for; Mallorca do.

see full article on the MDB website

sws97sdg 16-05-2022 06:46

Crucial win against Rayo, moved out of the bottom three on goal difference, all down to the last game now!

clinkham 16-05-2022 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 135357)
Crucial win against Rayo, moved out of the bottom three on goal difference, all down to the last game now!

A bit like Burnley. Nail biting stuff :)

Bircho 18-05-2022 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 135357)

In Spain position is decided by head-to-heads before goal difference hence why Mallorca (-29) are ahead of Cadiz (-17).

If Cadiz win on Sunday, then Mallorca also have to win as a draw (and a defeat for Granada) would not be enough to take them above Granda.

sws97sdg 22-05-2022 20:46

Wining 2-0 with minutes to go!

Cadiz and Mallorca win, Granada only draw so they go down, phew!!!

Tangoman 22-05-2022 20:57

YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!!

Staying up!!!! :)

martinchip10 22-05-2022 22:58

Yesssss, great performance against Osasuna mean RCD Mallorca stay up at the expense of Granada.
Watched on a live stream and well deserved.
Vamos Los Bermellones.

Bircho 23-05-2022 09:11

It was exciting in 2nd half. In fairness how all the games were 0-0 at half time was a mystery. When Granada missed that penalty you just knew they would be the ones to lose out. They finished 9th last season, and were qualified for Europe the season before. Shows how fortunes can change.

Bootledodger 19-09-2022 16:16

Good start to the season for our Real...not counting chickens like!

cumberland8 29-09-2022 16:23

Hopefully it won’t go tits up :

Bircho 29-09-2022 21:09

Good start to the season but.....

Normally when on island I try to get a game in but at €60-€70 per person I just can't justify it. I have watched most games on tv (when not clashing with Sheff Utd game) and think the best way of describing it is shall we say not exactly bums off seats stuff. It is pretty awful actually. And certainly not €70 never mind €140-€240 for the Barca game this weekend.

I know the aim is to stop up and I get that but I don't think I would be happy if I had paid €700 for a season ticket to watch those tactics every week.

To get a game in I was thinking about going to an Athletico Belareas game but they play in Blue and White Stripes. I just couldn't!!

Bootledodger 29-09-2022 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bircho (Post 135970)
Good start to the season but.....

Normally when on island I try to get a game in but at €60-€70 per person I just can't justify it. I have watched most games on tv (when not clashing with Sheff Utd game) and think the best way of describing it is shall we say not exactly bums off seats stuff. It is pretty awful actually. And certainly not €70 never mind €140-€240 for the Barca game this weekend.

I know the aim is to stop up and I get that but I don't think I would be happy if I had paid €700 for a season ticket to watch those tactics every week.

To get a game in I was thinking about going to an Athletico Belareas game but they play in Blue and White Stripes. I just couldn't!!

hahahahahahahahahaha....well in Bircho lad. I have actually never been to see Real live - one of my mates is back over shortly and asked what price would be - i presumed c.40/45e for non-Barca/RM games. Couldn't believe when he checked. I pay £850 a year for my Liverpool seasony so don't really want to pay out too much to watch our Mallorcan lads. Will have to do it once tho'. Just pretend they are just Brighton rather than your mates the Owls!!! I'm in Marbella in two weeks (in Madrid next week when we're playing Rangers!)....so might try and get a Malaga game in.

PPToni 16-11-2022 14:43

Could I just ask some questions regarding purchasing tickets for the Real Mallorca matches. Our friends want to come over in February so we can all go to the game against Real Madrid.
Is it still correct that they go on sale about a week before the match?
Can we buy online as well as at the stadium?
Do season ticket holders get first dibs?
Any tips on getting tickets would be appreciated.

Toni 🙂