Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2009, 10:54

Default Trip to Randa Feb 2009

We have just returned from a short 6 day visit, 7th to 13th Feb.

We visited Randa, the Monastery on the hill just beyond Petra. You get an excellent view of the whole island. We went to view the almond blossom but it was not at its peak. Its worth finding all 3 Sanctuaries on this hill.

Randa has toilets, restaurant, picnic areas and the biggest golfball!! you can find on Mallorca. We certainly recommend this trip.

Also nearbye we went to Restaurant Ses Torres just outside Petra where you can eat and drink as much as you like for 9 euros per person. It was packed. Seats 800! It was packed with tourists, coach parties, Truckers!! but amazing value and the food was amazingly good. Buffet style, serve yourself food and drinks. Means you can try things you wouldn't normally order!! Coffee was extra paid on entry, open lunch until about 9pm.

My FlickR Photos
Sponsored Links
Old 16-02-2009, 14:00
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hola its GL View Post

Also nearbye we went to Restaurant Ses Torres just outside Petra where you can eat and drink as much as you like for 9 euros per person.
Sounds like a great place. I've tried to find it on the web & I think it is in Ariany north of Petra. Can you provide any more directions we'd like to try it. Thanks.
Old 16-02-2009, 15:16

Sounds like a great idea, eat and drink as much as you like for 9 Euros. Pollensa, not only the MDD girl now, the eat-as-much-as-you-like girl?
Old 16-02-2009, 15:29
Founder

I don't suppose that you'll believe me but it wasn't the amount that attracted me as the variety. I just like trying different sorts of food. That's also why I often go for MDD as I don't need to choose & sometimes it's something I may not have chosen from the carte but I go for it & it can really good & different.

Still our youngest son (aged 20) is coming out with us in March (another very short break) so if I can get him out of bed, he'll appreciate the all-you-can-eat, I'm sure.
Old 17-02-2009, 12:46

Default Location of Ses Torres Restaurant

Sorry for the delay in responding, I got most of my reply typed when I suddenly lost it!! Marvelous Technology!!

You are correct Pollensa. Ses Torres is on the roundabout at the junction of the MA3340 to Petra and MA 3310/3341 to Ariany. I looked on Google maps to confirm, you can zoom in and see the size of it!!

See http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ar-ariany.html for detailed directions & more info on the restaurant.

Randa is really worth the visit. Its situated off the MA5010 between Algaida and Llucmajor on the MA5017,Its well signposted. The road up the hill is the MA5018. there are three Sanctuaries to visit. The first is Oratori de Gracia with stunning views across to Colonia de Sant Jordi, accessed halfway up through a stone arch. There is plenty of parking under the overhanging cliffs. The second is the Sant Honorat but we did not go, The third is at the top, the Santuari de Cura. There is a massive golf ball here!! There are toilets, always nice to know!! and a restaurant although we have only had drinks here. We usually use the picnic area. The views all around are magnificent, from Palma to Inca, the Tramuntana, Pollensa, Arta etc. Take a map to try and identify the places.

If you go at the right time (Feb/March) the Almond blossom is stunning, unfortunately this year we were too early. Apparently some newer almond trees have been modified to flower later when frosts are less likely.

Do make a vist.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by pollensa; 17-02-2009 at 13:11. Reason: removed duplicate info
Old 19-02-2009, 15:44
Founder

I came across this great photo blog with pictures of Randa & all three monasteries One Mountain, Three Monasteries Mallorca Daily Photo Blog - it looks like a great trip.

Can you drive up or do you need to walk?
Old 19-02-2009, 18:10

Default Randa

You can drive up and park at each monastery. Coaches park at the top in the busy seasons.

The link to the PhotoBlog you give has some excellent photos all over the island. Thanks Pollensa for your investigative skills in finding it.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 19-02-2009 at 18:41.
Old 20-02-2009, 10:53

Default Photos of Randa

I have not worked out yet how to put photos on here so Ive put them (temporarily!! till I get told to remove them by the powers that be!!) on the Pollensaforum FlickR site

http://flickr.com/groups/pollensaforum/pool/

Ill try to put a link into my account before I remove them.

Now removed, however I did notice the tram in Port de Soller!!

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 20-02-2009 at 11:43. Reason: update
Old 20-02-2009, 10:56

Default Photos of Randa

Here we go:

Flickr: hola its gl's Photostream

It worked for me!

My FlickR Photos
Old 20-02-2009, 11:17

Great photos Gordon but found myself looking at most of mine, which I have on flckr and as my signature on this forum!

Just looked at your new post with your own photo stream - good photos - sorry for previous comment thought somebody had stolen mine.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 20-02-2009 at 11:25.
Old 20-02-2009, 11:38

Nice photos

We are going tomorrow and I am going to try and find Randa one day next week Thanks for the useful thread.

Just been on the phone with the local person that we are renting a villa from and he says the weather is very good, forecast for next week is full sun, I cant wait

Palma De Mallorca, Spain Forecast : Weather Underground

Mark
Old 20-02-2009, 12:01

Default FlickR Photostreams

Brilliant Photos Whaley and Mark

Sunsets were brill Whaley, I wonder why I didn't upload the picture of my Berlingo Mark!!

May be we should start a new thread to put link to Photostreams of us like minded people?

My FlickR Photos
Old 20-02-2009, 12:33
Founder

Please do post about your photos in general in the forum on 'photos' Pollensa Photos - Pollensa Forum as I know people are interested. You can always do, as whaleywanderer & Mark have done' & put a link to your photo stream in your signature.

I'm looking forward to visiting Randa & that restaurant in March!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56

Default Randa Info

Thanks Labore for the link to this cultural site. It had Info about Randa here:

Santuari de Cura

Found the official? site here:

Santuari de Cura 2

Remember to select En for the english version.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 02-03-2009 at 09:44. Reason: Additional link added