Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2008, 18:48

Default Lluc-y Lluc-y

It was a grand day so we raided the fridge for a picnic and set off. We'd made a late start and by the time we got to the Lluc turn-off, it was getting on for lunchtime so we drove on in search of a good spot to stop. A little way on is the turn to Sa Calobra and, shortly after, the Gorg Blau reservoir. At the far end is a picnic area (“recreativo” –sp?), with tables and BBQ fire pits.

A couple of miles further on is another picnic area- this one with portaloo. Great spot as the tables are well away from the road and in amongst the pine trees and the sheep. For the exercise freaks amongst the readership, it’s the start of a 4 hour walk to Binarax (although I know this only from reading the signs – do I look like someone who wants to do a 4 hour mountain walk, I ask you?). We spent a pleasant and very peaceful hour here – eating, chatting, reading our books – then retraced our route to Lluc.

We are not religious but I suspect that even if we were, the monastery would still leave us unmoved. It’s such a soulless building seemingly totally disconnected from the community. As mentioned in another thread, there’s quite a pleasant botanic garden which is worth a wander round. However, if botanic gardens are your thing, you’d have been much better carrying straight on after lunch to the excellent one at Soller.

Enjoyable few hours and I liked the drive.

John