Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 15:59

Too late Debz, they already do !
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 10:05

Smile

No news on the hotel then?
Love the drive there out of season, and the walk and scramble along the "front". Never been there when there were actual people on the beach!
Old 11-09-2008, 13:01
Banned

Talking formentor

very crowded give it a miss the best part is the boat trip
Old 11-09-2008, 19:39

Smile

Formentor is soooooooo lovely!!!!! We go by boat which i love, i go for the boat trip alone!!
I agree with taking a picnic, you can get sandwiches etc once you're there but found them a bit of a rip off, very expensive (about double the amount you'd pay in the port)I like a coffee and to read the paper in the beach bar half way down the beach.
Beware of the mini jelly fish if you go paddling!
Incidently, i got the Formentor bus last year, but asked the driver to drop us at El comer mirador (look out point). We got the same bus back after it had been to Formentor, which gives you about 1/2 hour at the mirador, which is just enough to enjoy the view and take a few photos, If anyone hasn't been, it's worth it, you see the cliffs views on lots of postcards.
Think this year i'll see how far it is to walk to Formentor beach from the mirador, has anyone done this?
I'll be there this time next week!!!!
Old 19-09-2008, 12:37

I´m puzzled Peter that you think Formentor should be given a miss!!

In total agreement with you Liz it´s the most perfect setting and the water is crystal clear. We also prefer the beach nearer the hotel ,and love a coffee at the beach bar reading the paper and gazing at the wonderful view.The beach bar has been upgraded to a restauarant this year, as opposed to a snack bar....pasta and pizzas mainly and waiter service. You can still just have a coffee tho

We would be there today if the weather wasn´t cloudy, but hopefully if it brightens we´ll drive over for a last coffee. Coming home tomorrow

Debs
Old 19-09-2008, 16:44

Liz - I wouldn't recommend walking from the mirador the Formentor by road- it is a few kilometres with no pathway and blind bends in places - not the sort of place to be on foot!! There may be a footpath across the top of the hills - could be fun if you were a goat!!
Old 20-09-2008, 11:25
Super Moderator

Debz, i too was puzzled by Peter.
Old 21-09-2008, 09:05

I have to say that I am not a great fan of Formentor either - sorry guys. It is worth a look once but I'd rather go to Cala San for a swim, there isn't much to do at Formentor and the eateries are very expensive.

My other half walked with a pal from the Sis Pins to Mirador and the monument at the top of Albercutz - they were exhausted by the time the got back! The verdict was it was a LONG way back in 28 degrees! As Liz says though - worth a stop off on the Formentor bus or if you have a car. Don't drive to the top of Albercutz though - I can't see how you would turn - the road is a bit scary! The walk up is worth it for the views.

Last edited by Lala70w; 21-09-2008 at 09:08.
Old 21-09-2008, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala70w View Post
.................and the eateries are very expensive.
The cafeteria as you get off the boat is quite newly refurbished (about 2 seasons I think) the food here has vastly improved from what it used to be. There is something for everyone, help yourself salad bar with all the different salad items and tuna (as much as you can fit on your plate!) for 7€, help yourself hot counter, usually a choice of Large chicken breast, hake, escalope of pork with fries and fresh vegetables (all cooked al-dente), for 9.5€ including roll and butter, the food on both the hot & cold counters is replenished all the time by chefs, the food is fresh and tasty. There is even a counter where you can get freshly cooked dishes sardines, steaks etc. For a small snack there are sandwiches and baguettes again all freshly prepared and very reasonably priced (about 3€ I think). There is a good choice of drinks also. The only down side is that it is in the busy part of Formentor but the views are still stunning, and it's good for a snack while you wait for the boat back to Formentor.

I would highly recommend this cafeteria and for anybody going off past experience, try it now, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I will do another post about this cafeteria on the eating out forum.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 21-09-2008 at 10:30.