Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2008, 10:53

Default what's Santa Ponsa like?

I know this is a forum for Puerto Pollensa. But I will be landing in Mallorca from Tenerife, where I live, tomorrow. I just wondered if anyone knew what Santa Ponsa was like as this will be where I am staying. I've read the postings about bar prices - Mallorca is certainly far more expensive for drinks than Tenerife. I was also amazed when searching on prices of cigarettes. Royal Crowns are about 27 euros in Mallorca they are only 14 in Tenerife. Wow!!! Back on track, any info would be useful.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-07-2008, 11:01
Founder

Hi Karen,

as most people on this forum do know more about Pollensa it may be an idea to look at the Majorca Forum on Holiday Truths as I'm pretty sure there are people on that forum that know Santa Ponsa well.
Old 25-07-2008, 14:57
Super Moderator

Hi Karen, i think the reason drink and tobacco prices are much cheaper in Tenerife is that the Canaries are still duty free. In Mallorca you pay duty but the benefit is that you can take home much more, eg: 3200 cigarettes but in Tenerife only 400. Booze allowances are also less.
Old 25-07-2008, 16:08

Hi Karen - the only way I can describe Santa Ponsa is the complete opposite to Puerto Pollensa - only upside is the beach is quite nice
Old 25-07-2008, 20:00

Hi, Santa Ponsa has a lovely beach with trees for shade and a nice marina. There is a large square with entertainment on for children then adults later on a night, however when we stayed there it was very much aimed at the Scandinavians and Germans. There is also a street that is very Irish, with bars etc. I wouldn't go back there as we didn't feel we fitted in wherever we went on a night. It was also not as clean as PP. It is quick to get to from the airport and now seems to merge into Magaluf. Hope this helps.
Old 27-07-2008, 22:03

Default Santa Ponsa

Hi

We stayed there for a week about 20 years ago as a couple and thought it was ok. We liked the beach and enjoyed the evening entertainment ........... though did not leave thinking it was somewhere we would want to return to

We visited for a day as parents f a toddler about 12 years ago and thought it was awful, the number of bars had increased exponentially and it was also very clear that they were late bars that would be very rowdy. It was also disturbing that several people seemed to be drunk at 11am in the moning ( early start of never finished from previous evening ...... not sure )

Now I know we were a bit older, but I don't think our tastes had changed but Santa Ponsa certainly had.

20 years ago it was still noisier and brasher than PP is today , but it was certainly not like Magaluf ...... 8 years later it had changed probably ok for young , single people looking for late night bars etc but I don't think it is a family resort ............ can't give you an up to date report because we have never gone back