Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2008, 13:42

Default Pollensa Park Alley

Hi Guys,

Another question from me!

I'm stopping at the Pollensa Park and noticed a few people saying the area surrounding it is run down. The primary reason we are staying there is its cheapness at £350 per person for half board.

Is the area problematic or just dirty/rundown/unattractive? I'd hate to have to watch our back all the time when we come in from a night out.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2008, 14:03

Hi Lee
Area around the Pollensa Park isn't really rundown or dirty, its just that it is towards the edge of the resort with older style properties around it, the area is safe as the rest of the resort, quite busy and very near to the beach, we stayed just up the road from it for ten years and never had any problems. just did a quick google search for pictures for you try these http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
I hope you will enjoy it there.
Old 23-05-2008, 14:08

Hi Aeropars, and welcome to the forum!
I stayed not too for from the Polly Park 3 years ago, and i didnt find it run down at all! (tho there is alot of work around there due to the new ring road.) In fact, i thought it was great! Certainly no need to watch your back at night.
There are some great restauants around there, Ikebana, Sparrow, and The Golden Lion to name just a few. Los Zarzales isnt too far either.
I'm sure youll have a great time.
Chat soon
Jiggy
Old 23-05-2008, 23:30
Super Moderator

I have been visiting PP for 26 years and always stay in the Polypark area. Believe me you have nothing to worry about, if my hubby decides he has had enough for the night, i can safely stay and have another drink or two and walk back to the apartment alone, which is something i would never do in the UK. Enjoy your visit.
Old 24-05-2008, 07:46

Well Karaoke Alley is part of the charm of this part of the port.

I think this area has a good mix of locals, owners and holidaymakers and I think there is a great community spirit around here. In fact, I think all the best people live round here

I have stayed at the PP a few year ago when looking at property. It is quite an old fashioned hotel, but it is clean and good value with friendly staff (well certainly at the beginning of the season).

A few good local restaurants. They cater for the mix of people that are around and Bar Ancla with jazz on a Sunday afternoon is the place to be.

Oh, and if you have a few many cold drinks one evening, there is no danger of not finding your hotel.....

The Wob
Old 24-05-2008, 09:17

Smile

Hi

When we first started coming to PP 10 years ago we always stayed at the Bellemar Apartments directly in front of the hotel so know the area well.

In terms of the look of the place I have always thought that it did not suit the PP area as most of the hotels are more traditional in style.But when we did go in for a drink at the end of the evening the place was always full and everyone was enjoying themselves.

The good thing about staying that bit further out was the amount of exercise that you get walking into the centre during the day and back again and when going out to diiner in the evening .It certainly uses up the calories. And in all my time coming to PP I have never felt threatened or worried about walking in any part of PP no matter what time of night .

Enjoy your holiday .

Scotty Lady
Old 24-05-2008, 11:11

Default Pollensa Park Alley

Hi Aeropars and welcome!

Have to agree with what all the others have said.

We call it Pollensa Park Avenue, now doesn't that sound a wee bitty more upmarket?

No worries, you can get a lot of your daily supplies there and not too far in to the main part of the resort, or too far back either after some drinkies!

Porto
Old 24-05-2008, 12:34
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Karaoke no more

"Karaoke Alley"!!!!!!........Surely that finished years ago. We now have Becky, Phil, Elvis, Lionel Ritchie and of course top of the bill SERGIO.
Old 24-05-2008, 13:02

Cool Pollensa Park

Hi All,
I stayed in the shadow (literally!) of the Pollensa Park hotel last year. I wrote on this site of my experience about staying down that end of PP as we normally stay at the Pine Walk end. I must admit I was a bit unkind in what I wrote and I said I didn't really enjoy it. But looking back now it was a really good holiday. We walked every day into town and back, and then every evening to town and back! We got to know Karoake Alley very well. The Blues Brothers, Lionel Ritchie, Tina Turner and the King, of course, all singing long into the night. It's a great place to stop off at after a nice meal in town. That end is not as refined and sedate as the Pine Walk (that sounds a bit snobby, sorry) but it certainly isn't run down or unsafe. It's just a different atmosphere from the other end. And the accommodation is a lot cheaper.
But I'm biased. I'd stay anywhere in the Pollensa area. I'll be there again in August, can't wait.
Old 24-05-2008, 13:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollpott View Post
Hi All,
I stayed in the shadow (literally!) of the Pollensa Park hotel last year. I wrote on this site of my experience about staying down that end of PP as we normally stay at the Pine Walk end. I must admit I was a bit unkind in what I wrote and I said I didn't really enjoy it. But looking back now it was a really good holiday. We walked every day into town and back, and then every evening to town and back! We got to know Karoake Alley very well. The Blues Brothers, Lionel Ritchie, Tina Turner and the King, of course, all singing long into the night. It's a great place to stop off at after a nice meal in town. That end is not as refined and sedate as the Pine Walk (that sounds a bit snobby, sorry) but it certainly isn't run down or unsafe. It's just a different atmosphere from the other end. And the accommodation is a lot cheaper.
But I'm biased. I'd stay anywhere in the Pollensa area. I'll be there again in August, can't wait.
When you say "long into the night", this suggests it goes into the early hours, when in fact all music stops at midnight by law, and it is strictly enforced.
Old 24-05-2008, 14:38

Cool Pollensa Park Hotel

That's "long into the night" for me! No, I just meant after you've had your meal and a few drinks and a nice leisurely stroll back. Great atmosphere.
Old 24-05-2008, 15:29

That man Sergio is a legend.

Also, I am sure one night last year I could hear 2 Elvis's going hammer and tongs. Now here in the world outside of Vegas could you experience that!

Pollpot summed it up well, you do get to like the quirkiness about that end of town.

The Wob
Old 24-05-2008, 17:23

We stayed for a number of years in Pinaret area and would often walk that way for a change. (walked around there in April too whilt checking on the new road ))...its certainly not run down...I think its just that the road up to Pollensa Park can seem a little "crowded" thats all.
Pollpot...we must be "near neighbours"
Old 25-05-2008, 10:21

Been reading lots of posts re Pollensa Park Hotel but I can't think where it is, can somebody enlighten me please?
Old 25-05-2008, 10:43

Its the only large hotel that stands out like the proverbial sore thumb when looking at the shoreline. Its the opposite end to the Pine Walk. The nice thing is that although its rather large, when driving along the coast road to Alcudia, its set well back, so you don't actually see it!