Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2007, 14:04
Gillytom

Default Waterparks

Hi Everyone, we're going to PP in 2 weeks for the first time, can't wait, desperate for a bit of R & R. My O.H has wanted to go to PP for a few years, so this year i'm treating him, good of me, eh!. Anyway whilst we are there with our 10 yr old son we'd like to take him to a waterpark. Anyone know where the nearest/best one is, we'll be travelling on the bus. Thanks, G
Sponsored Links
Old 24-05-2007, 14:36

There's a water park in Alcudia which is just a short bus ride away, the others are on the south of the island hard to get to by bus.

www.hidropark.com/en/about.htm

or

www.puertopollensa.com/ex...jorca.html

Have a great holiday

Old 25-05-2007, 05:06

THe ones at the south of the island are much bigger than the one in Alcudia

BUT

We prefer the one in Alcudia an dhave used it with very young children through to late teens and they all agree.

May not be lots of rides but the ones they have are good, even at really busy times you are still able to get a sun lounger and somewhere to camp out

Also, not full ot teens and early 20's who have had too many drinks by mid afternoon

And finally , Isaw a rat in the one near Arenal so I will never go back ( I do appreciate this is irrational and that we are never more than a couple of yards away from a rat BUT I actually saw one there uuurrrgggggg )
Old 05-06-2007, 05:22
Debilicious

I was actually going to this park until i read in previous posts that this park was dated, if i remember correctly another forum member actually became stuck halfway, due to poor water pressure, I have also read other bad reports regarding this park, mostly being that the slides are old and park is way over priced. I deceided to give it a miss on these number of negative recommendations, but you would have to read previous posts to get acurate info, as im quoting this from memory, so not sure how long ago these posts were refering to, maybe it has been improved since then

Deb
Old 05-06-2007, 22:27
smiddy

Default Waterparks

Each to ones own! My kids have grown up now but i've done them all, countless times ,and must say there is no comparison between Alcudia and the ones in Arenal and Magaluf. Alcudia is handy for PP, but it's worth the effort to travel south. Ideally, if you have a car, it will only take about 45 mins, if you don't have a car then Alcudia would be OK, but IMO it needs investment to bring it up to scratch. In all the times i've been south i can't honestly say i,ve ever seen the remotest problem with drunk teenagers. Some of the rides on the south parks are fantastic, Alcudia just doesn't have them.
Old 16-03-2008, 21:03

So, to bring this thread up to date, is the Hidropark in Alcudia any good? My kids are looking forward to try it, or should i travel all the way down to Magaluf etc?
Old 16-03-2008, 21:29

Default water parks

Alcudia one is fine, however i hope i'm wrong for your sake, but it may not be open. Its very early in the season. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Pops
Old 16-03-2008, 21:40

Hi Pops!!
Thanks for that, but we're not going til Aug.
Having read some of the reports on here, about it being old and dirty, i was having second thoughts, but we prob end up going. Roll on Aug!!!
Old 18-03-2008, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggggy View Post
Hi Pops!!
Thanks for that, but we're not going til Aug.
Having read some of the reports on here, about it being old and dirty, i was having second thoughts, but we prob end up going. Roll on Aug!!!
I took my kids last August and it was fine. Its certainly clean enough. The little kids playground round the back was in a poor state of repair but the main pool and slides were all working well. I'll be back with my lads in August.

Note even the park in Alcudia will mean a bit of a walk as the local bus service doesn't stop outside. If going for the day take a taxi, should be 7-8 euros each way from PP?