Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-2005, 05:31
smiddy

Default Rancho Grande - Horseriding

Would recommend the above for a half-day out. It's about 6 miles beyond Can Picafort on the road to Arta, and is clearly sign-posted on the left.
We went as a party of 4, 2 adults + 2 kids (13). None of us had ever rode a horse before.

There are 3 stages, Beginners, Trotting,Riding, We obviously went for the beginners option. I'ts a lovely big ranch with 150 horses plus various animals on the farm which the kids will adore.

We were a bit apprehensive, but be assured the horses are very well trained and responsive.

We went last week and were the only ones there as they were just getting things ready for the season. It was absolute bliss riding through the countryside for 1.5 hours.

I believe there are 2 sessions, 1 at 1000 and the other at 1600.

I don't know what the tour companys will charge, but we drove there direct and paid 26 euros each, not bad for a fully saddled horse and a experienced guide who knows them very well(you even get the horses name) .

Have fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 19-05-2005, 07:43
robjay

Smiddy you've rode to my rescue!.
I am at the early stages of planning a family holiday to Pto Pollensa for a week in the April school holidays next year.
The ages will range from 18 to 67. So you can imagine I am having to cater for very different needs.
My eldest daughter (23) is fanatical about horses and in the past has preferred to holiday at some horse trial or another. But because this will be a "special" holiday she has agreed to come along. For that reason I've been trying to find a stables near to the port that will cater for an experienced horsewoman.
Sounds like I've found the place!. Thank you Smiddy.
PS if anybody else knows of an other stables near by let me know. If she gets the chance she would ride out everyday!!!!
hanks again

Rob
Old 20-05-2005, 01:03
chelseadons

Rob

I think Rancho Grande is a chain and you will find a number of Stables across Mallorca. There used to be one in PP opposite Caprabo where the boatyard can now be found.

The nearest one is in Pollensa old town. Iy your driving pat the old town on the way to Palma, there is a turning on the left approximately opposite the middle exit from the old town. Its signposted Alcudia I think and comes out on the beach road halfway between PP and Alcudia. The stables are about 0.5km down the road from the Old Town.

Chelseadons
Old 20-05-2005, 21:15
robjay

We walk/ cycle past it when we visit Pollensa and know exactly where it is!. It's on the 220-2 we cross over to it via a side road from the Pollensa _ Llenaire road. We were trying to remember the name of the stables. Thank you so much.
Rob & Caroline