Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Cala Figuera (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/220-cala-figuera.html)

its cd 13-06-2005 06:36

Cala Figuera

Help please.

A collegue at work has asked my opinion re. an opportunity he has been given to stay in a friends Villa in a place called Cala Fuguera ( seems I am the resident Majorca expert :lol )

Anyway ...... once I had resisted the urge to tell him that anywhere other than PP just wouldn't do, I had to confess that I didn't really know the place ...... South East coast near somewhere called Cala Santyni ...... described as a peaceful fishing village.

The villa looks stunning ........ but what of the place and the locality ....... has anyone any inside knowledge ?

If so advice greatfully received

Pollensa ..... I hope you don't disapprove of me asking advice for somewhere away from the hallowed turf

debz1 13-06-2005 16:00

Cala Figuera

We were in PP last week with some friends who always join us in June . Now I'm quite content to chill out and not venture further afield than Formentor, but our friends like to see a different part of the island every year. This year it was the south eats coast and we had lunch in Cala Figuera. It is a very pretty fishing village with a harbour in a small cove..it reminded us all of Cornwall. It is VERY quiet so I wouldn't think the best place if you had teenagers. We then went to nearby Santanyi which again is a fairly quiet resort mostly made up of Germans :\ we found the beach in a Cala St Vicente type cove where we spent the afternoon soaking up the sun and swimming in the crystal clear water 8)

Hope this helps

Debs

robjay 13-06-2005 18:57

Sounds like a nice place to go for a day trip. Cala Figuera not Cornwall!. Whoops have I upset any folks from Cornwall?:o . what I meant was whilst we are in Mallorca (he says trying hard not to dig this hole I'm in any deeper:\ ).
Rob

its cd 14-06-2005 05:43

Cala figuera

Thanks Debz1 ........... I will forward your comments on to my colleague and retain my reputation as number 1 nice bits of Majorca travel consultant. Although there is always the dilema of wanting to shout from the rooftops extolling the virtues of PP and wanting to keep it our secret ......... and when these travel programmes on the telly or the writers in the Sunday times start praising the place I just want to shout NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Selfish I know but I like to think its me doing my bit to preserve PP

smiddy 14-06-2005 17:24

Re: Cala figuera

Good idea CD,

Let's start some sort of campaign, some sort of government spin, tell people PP makes Magaluff in August seem like a place of tranquility, then we could keep it to ourselves.

Alternately, we could erect barriers at the gas station/Alcudia Road:lol

pops 16-06-2005 01:40

Good idea Smiddy, I'll help out with the barriers. Friends keep asking why do we keep going back time after time, let alone buy somewhere in PP. I try not to rave about the place too much but it is difficult.

Pops

frito 16-06-2005 04:32

Very pretty village.
Parking is awful. The closer to the Cala you get, the worse it is.
Very popular with German visitors.

Best wishes,

Frito.

robjay 16-06-2005 18:45

I'll let you into a little secret guys. it's about Jane and me......
................We pooled of finances together and chartered one of those fire fighting planes, You know the ones scoop up the water and dump it somewhere else. well devious plan No 1 was to bred a very large colony of jelly fish, this plan has been carried out over the past year and in April we dumped all our jelly fish in the bay. Now we plan to invite all the travel writers around the world to PP. This is where evil plan 2 comes into effect. again using the plane we scoop up some water from cuber lake and fly over said group dumping water on the for their whole stay, PP then has the highest rain fall in Spain. Ha Ha Ha Ha :evil evil or what?.
We are only too willing to join you in your gate building project.
Have you though of employing some local kids and old age pensioners, making them up as malnourished malaria ridden street beggars, with corpses lying in the streets and piled up high in the Square Photographs of these scenes could be made up as postcards and sent to people who show an interest in coming to our PP:evil .
Get building guys.
Rob

Snowy 16-06-2005 20:12

You could use Mr C as the welcome committee they would be pleased to see a smiling face.8o