Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2006, 19:22
jonnybob

Default Hotels in Palma

Hi everyone.
When my wife and i visit PP in September.We would like to stay one night in Palma during our two week holiday.We were thinking of staying at the Hotel Tres.Has anyone stayed there
or can any member recommend another Hotel in the centre of Palma.
Thanks for any feedback,hoping to go midweek and avoid the hurricanes!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 21-06-2006, 02:38
JMD40

I have not been there but have seen the brochure and prices. It seems to be a very small modern hotel with excellent service. Are you wanting 5* or would something more traditional be ok. I recommend either the 4*Hotel Mirador, right infront of the Marina and close to the Auditorium, or its sister hotel directly behind, The Armadams with good spa facilites. They are well placed and well priced hotels with a Bed and breakfast offer so you can choose to eat in one of the many fantastic Palma hotels, although the Mirador has a 5th floor restaurant offering spectacular views across the Bay of Palma.
Failing that and you want to splash out, have you looked at the Grupotel Hotel Valparaiso which is first class. Also the Saratoga close to Jaime III is a great recently refurbished to a very hight standard hotel and brilliant position if your wife would like some retail therapy.
Palma is so under estimated so its great that you have decided to spend a night there to give you extra time to enjoy some of what is offers. Have a wonderful stay wherever you go - let us know anyhow.
Old 21-06-2006, 15:21

We stayed at a really old small hotel in old Palma last year. It was behind the cathedral on one of those tiny roads you can't get a car down. It was called Dalt Murada (it has a website which you should be able to Google). It only has about 15 rooms and not much in the way of public areas, ie only a small breakfast room, but looks out onto a tiny courtyard of orange trees. The room/suite was fantastic. Lounge area, bedroom with a large Mallorcan bed, and a
huge bathroom with a jacuzzi bath big enough for 2!
Old 21-06-2006, 15:46
jonnybob

Default Hotels in Palma

Hi JMD and sandy,
thanks for the fantastic info.I will check out all the websites .They sound so good i feel like staying for more than one night.You are right ,i think Palma is very under
estimated.You are again right ,my wife loves retail therapy(She once bought a long winter coat from Zara on holiday and fell over the coat and broke her leg ,but thats another story!)
Thanks again
PS the hurricane comment is for Jiggy
Old 21-06-2006, 16:20
curlytom

Default Hotels in Palma

We stayed 1 night in Palma earlier this year and stayed at Hotel Born which is right in the centre of Palma. It is very close to the Hotel Tres but is much cheaper.

It is a beautiful old hotel with a lovely courtyard. I think we paid a total of 90 Euros for B & B in a double room overlooking the courtyard.

It is situated up a little lane beside C & A on Placa de Joan Carles where there are several bus stops. You can get a bus from there to Plaza Espana for the main bus/train stations.

Look at the Trip Advisor web site for details.