Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2005, 08:41
jiggy

Default cala st vincinte

Hi everyone
coming to PP in late aug. how far is cala st vincinte? have been recommended 'la tascas' restaurant, anyone know it? any good? what is the beach like?
chat to you soon
jiggy
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2005, 15:15

Hi jiggy!

I love visiting CSV and it's not far from PP. About 10 minutes by car I would say.

We always drive to Cala Molins beach where there is a car park and a couple of bars/cafes.

When you drive into CSV follow the road to the first bay and then turn left. This one way road will take you around the bay to Cala Molins. The beach here is lovely with umbrellas and sunbeds and the sea is crystal clear.

There's a beach bar here but there's also another place called Bar Mallorca which is one of our favourite haunts - the views are lovely.

CSV is a great place and we always find time for a stroll around the residential part envying the villas dotted about. There's a few shops in Cala Molins selling beach stuff with more shops and bars in the first bay you come to.

Oh and if you're interested in Lladro there is a great shop here next to the Restaurant L'Alba.

Hope you have a great time!
Jane
Old 01-08-2005, 15:44

I think La Tasca is one of the bars that is set off to the side across a little bridge across the storm drain a little back from the sea at Cala Mollins. Also Pepe's Bar used to be great fun, but haven't been in it for a while
Old 01-08-2005, 23:31
PennyWhite

We had a look at CSV when we were there, looked really nice but the beaches are a bit small and were very crowded by the afternoon, as with most places in August, an early start would probably be recommended!
Old 02-08-2005, 04:45
ChrisLox

Cala San Vicente is absolutely lovely. It provided me and my partner with the best holiday we have ever had. Look out for the tiny Cala Clara beach between the Simar and the Don Pedro. We call it our Mallorcan beach, but we'll loan it to you for a couple of weeks!!!
Old 27-01-2006, 01:29
Sazzle

Default Re: cala st vicente

Hello Jiggy

Just been reading your La Tascas query.

We found La Tascas about 7 years ago and loved it. It doesn't look very nice from the outside (bit scruffy and basic - looks more like a bar than an eatery) but the food and the people are just lovely. My husband really enjoys fish and loved every meal he had there. They do the best tumbet I have ever tasted. We've been back a couple of times with the children and we were all made really welcome.

We tried to go back for a visit last March but it was closed. We couldn't tell if it was shut completely or just closed for winter.

Did you find it? Was it open and if so what did you think?

Sarah
Old 27-01-2006, 03:45

HI jiggy

CSV ...one word..Heaven! Arrive early have breakfast or coffee in the beach bar..swim in the crystal clear water (take snorkels if you like that sort of thing as there are some beautiful fishes by the rocks, and the odd squid but I didn't hang around to get aquainted!) We usually take a picnic and spend the day there. It is busy in July /August but it is definitely worth it.

La Tasca is very nice, we only discovered it last year.Good traditional food and the owner is a scream..he aways wears odd socks for some reason.. don't ask me why!! If you follow Janes directions it is to the left of the car park if you are facing Bar Mallorca
Old 27-01-2006, 05:53
Sazzle

Hello Debz

Yes the owner is a scream - no airs and graces whatsover! Every time we've met him he's got a cigarette hanging out of his mouth - even when he's taking our order or bringing the food. Him and his wife are so lovely and the food's so great, not fancy, just very basic, no frills majorcan fodder, even as non-smokers we never seem to mind the tobacco fumes! We just love it.

When was the last time you were there? I do hope it hasn't closed permanently. Have you seen all the books and stuff he has in the back room? It's a fab place isn't it? Probably not swanky enough to put in the same league as Stay and all the other lovely places that the forum talk about but it's just good food and lovely people - not to be missed for a cheapish and very cheerful night.

Sarah
Old 22-07-2006, 23:45
bee66

have just read some old posts about csv. We stayed there last september. Although L'Alba is a favourite restaurant for a more "formal" meal we always have a couple of meals in Pepe's which is next to La Tasca. It looks just like any small bar with terrace and to be honest the seating inside is a bit cramped to say the least!
However the gambas a la plancha with garlic sauce are some of the best I have had.,washed down with a carafe of wine makes a memorable meal.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04

Well i ve just found my old post about CSV, we didnt get there in the end!! but since we are going back to PP in Aug, i'm going to put this on the top of my 'to do' list. thanks for all the replies btw
Old 05-07-2008, 01:17
Super Moderator

Hiya Jiggs, if you go to CSV and visit L'Alba restaurant, please speak to Loli the co owner and tell her Lyn and Colin ( the chewing gum people ) send love to her and her Mum and Brother. They are a great family and used to run Sol y Mar in PP opposite the Polypark Hotel. Cheers mate.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:06

Hi Sparks!
If i go to L'Alba, i will speak to Loli, (is that Lolly, as in lolly ice?)
Anything for you Sparks?
Old 06-07-2008, 14:48
Super Moderator

Cheers Jigggs, you are a star.