Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2007, 04:04
pollokshieldsgirl

Default Day Trips from PP

We are going to PP on Monday. 2nd time for me, 1st for my husband. Can anyone advise re day trips on public transport from PP? Or how is the bus service? We have been going to Palmanova for 22 years but have finally decided to break the mould. We always always end up getting lost and always end up arguing so I am trying to prepare? Also I've heard about a train journey in the mountains? Nothing too strenuous mind: The last time I was there with girlfriends we only used the immediate Pinewalk area to the front so I didn't utilise it as best as I could have. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2007, 06:54

There are lots of places you could go by bus / public transport

Here goes

Pollensa – about 5k inland from PP. quick and easy bus ride or about 6 euros in a taxi
Visit the Sunday morning craft market, well worth a visit, lots of craft stalls amongst the small streets fanning out from the square and traditional food and fruit and veg in the square …. Bar Espanol in the square good place to sit and people watch.
Climb the 365 steps known as Calvary ……. Small church and fantastic view at the top …… welcoming selection of Café’s at the bottom.

Formentor
Take a boat from the pier, 15 min ride. Tacky tourist café as you get off boat but don’t be put off, find yourself a spot on the thin strip of beach and go and have a swim in the crystal clear sea, if you have your snorkel with you, even better. Take the bus back if you can stand the hairpins

Calle San Vincente - again easy trip by bus or cab or even walk over the mountain
About 3k from PP off road to Pollensa, or can walk over the mountains ……. Take lots of water and don’t attempt with a pushchair. Small resort, 2 beaches, clear sea with dramatic mountain backdrop

Lluc Monastry – about 20k inland from PP
Can get public bus, beautiful scenery, peaceful, cooler than on the coast

Train from Palma to Soller / Tram to Puerto SollerOld wooden train from Palma, pay first class, not much dearer but worth it. Bit of a pain getting to Palma just to get a train somewhere else , but well worth it. Best ways to get there
1)* * * * Bus or cab to Sa Pobla or Inca and got the normal train from to Palma, transfer to the station next door and board the Soller Train. Back from Soller by Bus
2) Bus to Palma then as above
3)* * * * Bus to Soller and do the return journey to Palma, leaving sufficient time in Palma to have a meal at one of the restaurants in the fabulous Plaza Major then bus back from Soller
This railway journey is fantastic, you go right through the mountains, views are to die for. When you get to Soller, you can get an old trolley tram down to Puerto Soller, tram goes through orange and lemon groves, wonderful sights, sounds and aromas.

Palma - you can get a Bus from PP
Wonderful, vibrant Catalan city with stunning architecture, cathedral worth a visit, good shopping, don’t miss El Corte Ingles. I believe there is now an open top tourist bus.

Alcudia Old town - fascinating small narrow streets, walls to walk round, noce places to eat ....... a million miles away fromthe "other Alcudia"

Also don't forget the option of hiring bikes .... the ride to Alcudia is easy and flat
Old 19-09-2007, 15:38
Founder

A lot of this info & more can also be found on our excursion page, see www.puertopollensa.com/excursions-majorca.html
Old 20-09-2007, 04:06
pollokshieldsgirl

Default Day Trips PP

Thank You so much! I'm looking forward to it!