Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2007, 17:56
Founder

Default Palma - tapas food fair “Tapalma 2007” - Oct 10-14 2007

I thought this sounded interesting. Do let us know if you go.

THE tapas food fair “Tapalma 2007” will this year be celebrating its third edition by changing its format and creating four different tapas routes.
There will be up to 41 bars and restaurants taking part so that citizens can try their gastronomic creations whilst strolling through the city.
For this edition, the main part of the fair will be centred around the traditional competition, as each bar or restaurant has to offer at least two tapas dishes which will compete with the rest of the restaurants and will have a price of two euros, say the organisers of the event, the Restaurateurs Association.

The fair will take place from October 10 to 14 and the routes will be in the centre of Palma, La Lonja, Santa Catalina and Plaza de España to the Conservatory and Molinar.

The place where most of the bars and restaurants (eighteen) will participate is the old fishing district of Santa Catalina.
This is followed by La Lonja with nine bars and restaurants taking part, Plaza de España to Conservatory and El Molinar with eight, and the centre with six.

The organisers highlighted that this year the fair has as its principal objective to liven up the city centre with an event which will encourage out of season and international tourism, promoting weekend breaks.

In addition to this it will try to encourage people to go out on Wednesdays, a day of the week which is especially critical for catering establishments.

Because of this the fair this year will not take place in the Pueblo Español, where it has been held for the last two years, said the Association, which has created the webiste www.tapalma.es (not fully functional!) to inform people about the routes for this fair.

Tapas are the wide range of appetisers served in many local bars to accompany a pre-dinner aperitif.
They can be cold and simple, such as cubes of cheese or slices of ham, or cooked, such as meatballs, small fried fish or baby squid, potato omelette, etc.

(c) copyright Majorca Daily Bulletin
Sponsored Links
Old 18-09-2007, 20:31

Hi pollensa!

Thanks for putting up this most interesting post.

Having been around these districts of Palma, I am excited at the whole prospect and would say to any tapas lover or even curious foodies to give it a try.

If anywhere in Majorca at the time, well worth going I'd say. Sadly, not us this year!:rolleyes
Old 13-10-2007, 02:35
Founder

Unfortunately, we came home before this started but I did pick up the leaflet from the airport as it gives a great list of tapas bars in Palma & maps along with the 'tapas' they are offering at the fair - you can download it at www.tapalma.es/rutas/rutas.pdf If anyone goes do report back.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:49
marilyn

Only just found this on the Forum. I was lucky enough to spend the Saturday of Tapalma in Palma. It was brilliant. There were four routes and we concentrated on the Centre one.

Each bar offered between 2 and 4 tapas costing no more than 2 euros each. We only managed to go to 5 of the bars as had to meet my husband at airport.

The tapas were all pretty elaborate - and delicious. Kind of "nouvelle" tapas and included puddings as well as savourties. We certainly went into places we might not have found otherwise.

I hope they do this again this year as several of my friends are keen to spend a long weekend in Palma and take part in this.

Anyone know how I can find out if and when it will happen this year?
Old 10-01-2008, 05:14

I found this website:

www.tapalma.es/ing/

I think it refers to last year (2007) but you could always keep an eye on it to see if they give out details for this year.

Jane
Old 10-01-2008, 06:14
Founder

If I hear anything about the 2008 one, I'll post but as Jane suggested just keep an eye on the website.

Even without the event I thought that the route maps looked interesting for suggestions where to try in Palma.