Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2021, 13:37

Default Changes to the bus system

+ increased bus frequency.
- price doubled for sporadic use.
N.B. Line numbers and routes have also changed. Discounted rates when buying online.

https://sompollenca.com/municipi/202...ZORHxR5zYQVMgY

'The president of TIB's user platform values ​​the new changes
The president of the TIB User Platform , Marc Crespí , tells us about the changes that will be introduced in January and how the situation is in Pollença. How does it benefit those who only use public transport on occasion? This is one of the questions Crespí answers, among others. You can see it all in the video.

The Government presents the new TIB bus fleet that will start operating in January
Recently, the new fleet of buses has been presented with a total of 223 completely new , 198 of which are of Compressed Natural Gas and 18 of electric propulsion.

Councilor Marc Pons has indicated that with this fleet the intercity public transport of Mallorca is placed as a leader not only at the state level, but also at the European level.

One of the main innovations for 2021 was the entry into operation of a new tariff system , which will allow cheaper prices as usage increases. On the other hand, a wallet card and an increase in frequencies are also incorporated .

The TIB User Platform is very happy with the new changes.

Once the new changes that will be introduced from January are known, the TIB User Platform will analyze the situation and how these developments may affect Pollença users in particular.

On the one hand, they encounter the problem of tariffs . The President of the TIB User Platform explained that “with the new changes, the T40 or T20 cards we had until now will disappear, where we could choose the number of trips to buy as a bonus. So in the T40 we had 20 round trips and 20 return trips, which we ended up using in 20 days, and it more or less coincided with the working days of a month. The same thing happened with the T20, but it only had 10 round trips and 10 round trips. Now both will be replaced by wallet cards, where you can deposit the chosen amount of money, which will be spent depending on the jumps we make, without being able to choose a number of trips.

He goes on to state that, “although at first glance it seems positive, this, if it benefits someone, is only those who use the card every day, as a discount of € 0.015 per point / jump will be applied which will be increased to as usage increases. So, at the beginning of the month you will pay more, almost double the journey, than you will end up paying at the end of the month if you continue with constant use of the bus. For example, at the beginning of the month you will start paying 6 € (3 € / journey) and, from there, the discounts will be applied, lowering the price by 0.015 € per jump ”. However, it should be noted that at the beginning of each month the meter will be set to zero in terms of discounts, ie they are not cumulative.

The President of the Platform adds that “for people who use the bus sporadically, the wallet card is even less profitable , as the few trips made do not increase the discount soon and therefore you end up paying large amounts for few trips ”.

If we talk about people who do not have any type of card or discounts, this can really be a big expense, especially if we refer to tourists or the elderly, who are unaware of the tariff operation explained in the app and the existence of possible discounts. So, for example, a single ticket from the Port of Pollença to Palma is € 9 each way, € 18 in total to get there and back. This is really outrageous when it comes to taking it on, for example, in the case of large families traveling to the island.

President of the TIB User Platform
On the other hand, another of the changes that most affect the municipality is that Pollença will be the head of the line that goes to Can Picafort , when until now it was the Port of Pollença. This can trigger a big problem , especially in the high season where many tourists travel on this line. This problem is the lack of space that currently exists in the bus station of our town.

How will we do it when 4 different buses of 15 meters come together at the same time in this very small station? Moreover, what will happen when the new PAC is built on the neighboring site and ambulances have to pass through it, in addition to the buses parked and stopping?

President of the TIB User Platform
This is an issue that worries regular users of the TIB, who ask , through the President of the Platform " a station in good condition, as Pollença will be an important head, it needs a large space and also where buses can refuel" . Moreover, they say they have tried to talk about the issue with the government team other times, only getting a refusal on their part.

Finally, from the Platform they wanted to highlight a positive point such as the increase in frequencies which, as indicated, will rise to almost double, with almost one per hour. This is a plus and a greater convenience for users who often had to wait long hours between hours'.
Sharonh likes this.

Last edited by Big Sal; 06-01-2021 at 14:15.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-02-2021, 22:18

I use the buses all the time when i'm on the island...was only 1.20euro to either old town last year (i think - unless i'm thinking of a number of years ago) ....how much will that be going forward and can you pay cash on the bus?
Old 21-02-2021, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootledodger View Post
I use the buses all the time when i'm on the island...was only 1.20euro to either old town last year (i think - unless i'm thinking of a number of years ago) ....how much will that be going forward and can you pay cash on the bus?
From what I can work out on the website it could be €6 each way for occasional use, paying onboard.
Old 21-02-2021, 12:48

PP to/from Pollenca is 1 hop. Used to be €1.50 each way. Line number now: L301 (L321 via Cala San Vicente).
Each way, currently costs:
Cash on board €4.50.
On-line €2.70 (QR code validated when boarding bus).
Contactless debit/credit card €2.70, with discounts for groups up to 5 people: 2 pax €2.50, 3 pax €2.25, 4 pax €2.05, 5 pax €1.80 (validate boarding AND alighting bus. A €0.50 penalty is applied for each person who does not perform this double validation).
Intermodal card (residents) General €1.80, Youth €0.90, Pensioners €0.90 (validate boarding AND alighting bus).
Sparky likes this.

Last edited by Big Sal; 21-02-2021 at 14:06.
Old 22-02-2021, 08:33

So basically random number generator!! Imagine explaing all that to tourists... I.e. they won't...

I wonder how you validate getting off?? I guess there must be another qr scanner at the back door??
Old 26-02-2021, 14:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
PP to/from Pollenca is 1 hop. Used to be €1.50 each way. Line number now: L301 (L321 via Cala San Vicente).
Cash on board €4.50.
On-line €2.70 (QR code validated when boarding bus).
Contactless debit/credit card €2.70, with discounts for groups up to 5 people: 2 pax €2.50, 3 pax €2.25, 4 pax €2.05, 5 pax €1.80 (validate boarding AND alighting bus. A €0.50 penalty is applied for each person who does not perform this double validation).
Intermodal card (residents) General €1.80, Youth €0.90, Pensioners €0.90 (validate boarding AND alighting bus).
Thanks Sal - wow, that is some rise, is there are option to buy multiple tickets online as a discount???
Old 26-02-2021, 14:13

Sal: should have added - do you know how much it will be into Palma too?
Old 26-02-2021, 14:45

PP to/from Palma is 4 hops (salts), Pollenca to/from Palma is 3 hops (salts).
Line number now: L301
Cash on board €9.00 for 4 hops or €7.50 for 3 hops.
On-line €5.40 for 4 hops or €4.50 for 3 hops (group discounts not highlighted, so I don't think available for this method. Although I guess it would show the options when you actually try to pay on-line).
Contactless debit/credit card €5.40 for 4 hops or €4.50 for 3 hops, with discounts for groups up to 5 people: 2 pax €4.95/€4.15, 3 pax €4.50/€3.75, 4 pax €4.05/€3.40, 5 pax €3.60/€3.00.
Intermodal card (residents) General €3.60/€3.00, Youth €2.70/€2.25, Pensioners €1.80/€1.50.

I've taken above information from https://www.tib.org/es/web/ctm/sistema-tarifari
The map showing the hop zones can be found by clicking on the red text 'see map'.
Sharonh, Sparky and Bootledodger like this.

Last edited by Big Sal; 26-02-2021 at 14:57.
Old 26-02-2021, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sal View Post
PP to/from Palma is 4 hops (salts), Pollenca to/from Palma is 3 hops (salts).
Line number now: L301
Cash on board €9.00 for 4 hops or €7.50 for 3 hops.
On-line €5.40 for 4 hops or €4.50 for 3 hops (group discounts not highlighted, so I don't think available for this method. Although I guess it would show the options when you actually try to pay on-line).
Contactless debit/credit card €5.40 for 4 hops or €4.50 for 3 hops, with discounts for groups up to 5 people: 2 pax €4.95/€4.15, 3 pax €4.50/€3.75, 4 pax €4.05/€3.40, 5 pax €3.60/€3.00.
Intermodal card (residents) General €3.60/€3.00, Youth €2.70/€2.25, Pensioners €1.80/€1.50.

I've taken above information from https://www.tib.org/es/web/ctm/sistema-tarifari
The map showing the hop zones can be found by clicking on the red text 'see map'.
many thanks Sal....
Big Sal likes this.
Old 28-02-2021, 22:48

Are these new prices just for TIB buses or the local buses as well?
Old 01-03-2021, 09:02

EMT manages Palma local buses, TIB services the rest of the island.
Old 15-03-2021, 13:41

Residents, you can get your TIB card locally, see link and schedule below:
PP Municipal Centre 19th March 09:00-14:00.
Pollenca Ajuntament Calvari 22nd and 23rd March 09:00-14:00.
https://m.facebook.com/sompollenca/p...pe=3&source=48
Old 16-03-2021, 08:59

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...ion-poles.html

Quote:
The new bus network in Mallorca came into operation at the beginning of the year. A feature of this network will be "digital poles" at a total of 180 bus stops. These will provide real-time information to passengers as well as information of general interest.

Three digital pole prototypes are now operating and being tested. They are in Algaida, Pollensa and Son Caliu. ...

The type of information includes times until the next bus arrives....
full article (and picture) on the MDB website
Old 16-03-2021, 13:14

Just a quick travel question, and I'm guessing Big Sal is the expert to ask.

We were thinking of going to Pollensa Sunday Market in August, from PP. Maybe 4 or 5 of us, say 3 adults and 2 kids. What would return bus fares be, and do you know what a Taxi would cost. Also, how many passengers will a Taxi currently carry (our local cabs now only carry 3 people, who must wear facemasks and sit in the back of the cab - also, there is now a perspex screen between front and rear seats as normal.)?

Any information appreciated.
Old 16-03-2021, 16:20

I'll try! ;0)

Bus fares are organised and charged as singles. From my understanding, group discounts are available when you pay via contactless card only. Group discounts are 4 pax €2.05 each and 5 pax €1.80 each as single fares.

I can have a look at the taxi costs and regulations when I'm next in town/PP. It will be mandatory mask wearing, as in the majority of scenarios here. Does anyone else know the taxi situation? I'm guessing taxi drivers will benefit from the bus fare increases!
Tangoman likes this.