Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Rural romantic hotel ideas (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/146-rural-romantic-hotel-ideas.html)

sandy 07-01-2008 18:30

Rural romantic hotel ideas

Anyone have any suggestions for a rural romantic hotel. We are over in PP for a week in April and our 10th wedding anniversary falls in the middle of the week. I was thinking of booking a night in a super duper hotel. I don't want much, but this is the list (!):

Reasonably small
Rural (ish)
Views of the sea
Located in the mountains
Restaurant

A 'boutique' hotel would be ideal, similar to San Jordi in Pollensa. I've come up with one in Deia called Sa Pedrissa. Does anyone know of this, or have any other ideas?

Mariquita 07-01-2008 19:28

Have you thought of staying in Soller old town. It wouldn't fulfil the sea view criteria on your list but it might satisfy the rest.

There a a boutique hotel called La Vila Hotel right in the centre of Soller.

The website loads very slowly but it is very good once it has. There are also some press reviews on the site.

We have been in for drinks and snacks and the interior is very impressive.

La Vila Hotel - Soller

frito 08-01-2008 16:29

Rural Romantic Hotel

Have you thought about Hotel Llenaire?

Go to

www.hotelllenaire.com

and press welcome!

I hope this is useful.

Frito

sandy 08-01-2008 17:27

Re: Rural Romantic Hotel

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. They are both exactly what I was looking for! The hotel in Soller is a possibility, and I'll put it to the board. We were thinking of driving away from PP, but Hotel Llenaire does look like an oasis. I didn't even know it existed!! (How many years have I been coming to PP??) Thanks for enlightening me Frito, and if we don't visit on this occasion, we certainly will in the future.

If anyone else has any ideas, just to make my decision more difficult, I'd be grateful!

pollensa 08-01-2008 19:35

This may be a little smarter than you wrre looking for but we loved Reads Hotel in Santa Maria. see www.readshotel.com - ignore that it's shut in January. They have both a Michelin star restaurant & a more casual bistro.

We were upgraded to a garden suite in the annex - see www.readshotel.com/index.php/hotel/rooms/6/en/ which was lovely with its own terrace.

Sharonh 09-01-2008 05:11

On a similar theme to Reads - I have never stayed, but Scott's Hotels intrigue me. There is one in Binissalem and one in the mountains at Galilea. Here are the links.

www.scottshotel.com/eng/index.html

scottsgalilea.com/eng/index.html

Also on the drive into Pollensa from the motorway Son Brull always catches my attention. It looks lovely - I think it is very expensive.

Wherever you choose enjoy your stay!

sandy 09-01-2008 17:51

Wow. Thanks again. Reads looks fantastic, but certainly isn't cheap. Both the Scotts hotels also look great, but they don't appear to have a dining room, and part of the appeal was to have a fantastic meal with wine and stagger upstairs to bed!

I've found lots to go through. Mallorca has some super rural hotels that I didn't know existed. Once we move out there, we can go through my list, ticking them off one by one! When I've made a decision, I'll let you all know!

tievenaghtanya 10-01-2008 07:48

Hi Sandy,
There is a great website www.innsofmallorca.com
click on hotels map and there quite a few hotels that would fulfil your criteria ---- ranging from agro tourism up to Reads hotel.
You have given me a great idea to treat my husband and son on our next visit and some of the accomodation on this site seems excellent. Good luck with your search .
Tanya.

sandy 10-01-2008 17:41

Thanks Tanya, the site has some great rural hotels. I've also tried Mallorcanonline.com which I came across a few years ago when I booked the Dalt Murada in old Palma (what a fantastic little place!). I think my problem is that I want small (and most of the rural hotels have only about 8 rooms), but then I want to eat at the hotel rather than go out, and a lot of the food seems limited. However, on this occasion, I think the food will take second place to the location/tranquility of the hotel.

sandy 30-01-2008 21:52

Well, I've finally booked. Thanks to Tanya, I checked out the website she suggested and came up with C'as Xorc, between Deia and Soller. Checking their own website, and also googling them, the reviews look great. Booked a posh room for our wedding anniversary in April. Fingers crossed!

debz1 31-01-2008 02:59

Sandy that hotel looks lovely!

Hope you have a great time and look forward to reading about it when you get back.

In fact you've given me an idea for our anniversary in June, and our friends who are coming with us who's is the week after us:D

Debs

tievenaghtanya 05-02-2008 04:46

Sandy, the hotel looks amazing !!!!!!!
Lucky you.

We have also used the sister site innsofspain.com with great success.
I am looking forward to a post on your return and may I say again AMAZING !!!!!!
Regards Tanya

Rachel23 05-03-2008 17:22

Has Anyone been to Llosetta?

Hi All

I found a beautiful hotel called the Cas Comte in Llosetta?

My parents are in Mallorca in July and I thought it may be nice to send them away for the night somewhere quite just as wee change?

Any one any thoughts??

Thanks

Rachel

sandy 10-03-2008 09:05

This was one I looked at in my searches. It looks fantastic, but I've no experience of it. I'd also be interested to hear what its like.

Rachel23 10-03-2008 12:53

Hi Sandy,

I put it into trip advisor and there are lots of mixed reviews - I usually take trip advisor with a pinch of salt - but the only bad thing said really was that it was quite isolated which i thought anyway.

Ill let you know if we decide on anything :)

Rachel