Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By fil6699
  • 1 Post By Tommo
  • 2 Post By Luckyone
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 1 Post By fil6699
  • 1 Post By Julian Simms
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 3 Post By wiggyman
  • 2 Post By fil6699
  • 2 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2019, 12:23

Default Boat trips.

Hi everyone. Been coming to PP for years but never done a boat trip. Any advice? Though t might do the Ferry to Cala Pi? Is it a good place to go? Do the trips run from near Stay? Cheers all.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-08-2019, 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
Hi everyone. Been coming to PP for years but never done a boat trip. Any advice? Though t might do the Ferry to Cala Pi? Is it a good place to go? Do the trips run from near Stay? Cheers all.
I think you will find Cala Pi is a little to far on a boat unless you are planning on chartering a Boat for a few days .Its as far south as you can go approx one and half hour in a car and depending on the boat anything up to 3 days . But you can get the boat round to formentor .
Enjoy
Tommo likes this.
Old 21-08-2019, 13:26

Hi Fil. Theres also a Cala Pi beach at Formentor, in front of the hotel. Cheers.
fil6699 likes this.
Old 21-08-2019, 13:26

Quote:
North Malllorca Tours on this site are excellent. With all sizes of boat for day or half day trips up to 12 People. Office on the front at the car park. Others of the same opinion will confirm.

https://www.puertopollensa.com/goto.php?id=466
Tommo and Bekki like this.
Old 21-08-2019, 15:52

We hired a boat for six of us yesterday and ended our way up to Formentor which was great fun. Worked out at 30 euros each from 9.30am to 2pm, which I thought was reasonable for what you get.
Tommo likes this.
Old 21-08-2019, 15:59

Quote:
Hi Fil. Theres also a Cala Pi beach at Formentor, in front of the hotel. Cheers.
Thought you were going on an expedition lol . I was down there last week to be honest not worth the trek if any body has read the post and thinking of heading way down south save your fuel lol
Tommo likes this.
Old 21-08-2019, 22:54

I have, together with family and friends, hired this vessel on a few occasions.

Very nice crew and plenty of space to lounge around. The food served is top notch as well.

thalassaphilosophy.com
Tommo likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 22-08-2019 at 09:23. Reason: Direct link removed.
Old 22-08-2019, 16:52

we once got a boat to Puerto de Soller and by the time we got there it was like a hospital ship...the swell is quite something once you get out of the bay.
Tommo likes this.
Old 22-08-2019, 18:35

I'd advise avoiding the trip to the blue cave, we did it, or tried a couple of years ago, with one of the operators near stay, there was no safety briefing or sign of life jackets on the large rib, when we got to the cave the swell was 2-3ft, not huge but the opening to the cave is quite small so it was either big or no existent depending on timing of the swell. In our group there was an experienced guy with his own mask and fins, he went in first and came back very quickly shaking his head and indicated it wasn't safe, at same time a family of dad and 3 sons had jumped in, the dad struggled with the swell and came back to the boat having taken in a few lung fills of water, the skipper of the boat was oblivious to his problems and he had to be dragged back into the boat by other paying guests, to cap this off his three sons did get into the cave, two came out after a short while and swam back to the boat, at this point his mum frantically shouted where's xxxx, the two other boys said they thought he was still in there, thankfully the experienced guy was still in the water and went back in to see if he was there, after a couple of very tense minutes he came out dragging xxxx on his back in the same was a lifeguard would do, we managed to get both back on board, xxxx was very badly shaken and had lots of cuts and grazes on his body. We had to insist the skipper took,us back to port and rang in for an ambulance as xxxx was coughing up a lot of water,, and the experienced guy discreetly out of earshot of his family said that he had found him face down in the cave and feared the worst.
Back on shore xxxx was checked out by the ambulance that was waiting for us, and thankfully was ok other than the scrapes and being shaken up. I have to point out that at no point did the skipper show any concern.
I am an experienced windsurfer and sailor, with cross channel experience, if I had known how potential dangerous the trip could have been, I wouldn't have subjected myself and family to it, and can on,y offer the advice of please be aware before taking such a trip.
PP76, Rosie34 and Tommo like this.
Old 23-08-2019, 07:04

its very easy to get carried away with the holiday excitement and the sunshine . And the water is very inviting . I have a Licence and have owned and been boating here for almost 20 years And my advise would be please treat the Bay and outside the Bay with Huge respect it may look very inviting but remember it is open water and can often have large and potentially dangerous swells . If you are hiring one of the boats that does not require a licence . then please make sure one person on the Boat is in charge and as I said earlier respect the SEA at all times it can be a fearsome force . Enjoy the water and your holiday we have a beautiful bay and a beautiful Island but PLEASE PLEASE Pay the SEA the respect it deserves or it could end in tears
Tommo and wiggyman like this.
Old 23-08-2019, 09:00

Would highly recommend Seb at North Mallorca Charters. Fabulous half or full day sail and he provides all drinks and snacks, and cooks a lovely lunch for everyone. Lots of paddle boards, snorkels etc .....so plenty to do or just chill on deck.

Just a brilliant day

About Us - North Mallorca Charters - Mallorca Boat Charter, Boat Hire, Cruises and Boat Rentals - Port de Pollensa, Majorca
Tommo and fil6699 like this.
Old 23-08-2019, 12:19

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
its very easy to get carried away with the holiday excitement and the sunshine . And the water is very inviting . I have a Licence and have owned and been boating here for almost 20 years And my advise would be please treat the Bay and outside the Bay with Huge respect it may look very inviting but remember it is open water and can often have large and potentially dangerous swells . If you are hiring one of the boats that does not require a licence . then please make sure one person on the Boat is in charge and as I said earlier respect the SEA at all times it can be a fearsome force . Enjoy the water and your holiday we have a beautiful bay and a beautiful Island but PLEASE PLEASE Pay the SEA the respect it deserves or it could end in tears
I'm with you all the way there fil. I and my wife, who is an excellent swimmer have a massive respect for the sea, so no risks will be taken. Thanks for the advice.