Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Hanser
  • 1 Post By bobley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2018, 19:34

Default Rainy day ideas

Aaaand, we're back (nearly) - over for our second trip of the year in slightly under a fortnight <happy dance> The last two Octobers we've been lucky with the weather so I figure the third time's the jinx - prepping myself mentally for being unable to lie on the beach.

So what are your favourite things to do when the weather's not so great? We won't have a car but happy to get buses and taxis etc. All suggestions greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2018, 19:58

Am I the only person who can happily spend a whole afternoon in the Chinese supermarket?
sws97sdg, LK1960, Gp1602 and 1 others like this.
Old 09-10-2018, 20:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanser View Post
Am I the only person who can happily spend a whole afternoon in the Chinese supermarket?
No, but you could do a chinese supermarket tour?? I found a new one right at the end of the main road up in the old town which is massive. Just super discrete?

I better get an amazon order in for board games...although I do have some DIY to do so if anyones handy with a saw and drill we could knock up a wall and then I'll buy the beers in Ca'N Moixet - over dominos...
Gp1602 likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:05

No, but you could do a chinese supermarket tour?? I found a new one right at the end of the main road up in the old town which is massive. Just super discrete?

When I was out around New Year doing up my house, I was travelling miles to the Chinese supermarket, little realising that I had a loads on my doorstep!

When we were out in March and it was cold and wet, we spent the day in Palma which was like a completely different climate.
Old 10-10-2018, 15:59

Default rainy day activities

Hi, Littlebird, once you tire of the Chinese supermarkets, here are some other thoughts:
Palma - offers a wealth of options
Caves at Campanet (you can take a taxi)

If it's just a bit cold and not pouring rain, one of our favourites is to take the bus from PP to Soller and back. It's a lovely ride through the mountains (if it's not totally rained in!) and you can have a nice lunch in Soller; see the Picasso/Miro exhibitions at the train station; and the Can Prunera museum is also well worth a visit. You could take the little train down to Puerto Soller but we never bother with that. For us, Soller is the attraction. There are a number of earlier posts with alternative travel routes for this trip.

Or you could hire a car in the Port for a couple of days; we did that one year when we had bad weather, using Hiper.

If you did that, the Caves at Capdepera are an option. They're quite spectacular! If you do that on a rainy day, make sure you have a waterproof poncho or similar 'cos parking can be tricky and you may have to walk a bit!

Again with a car, we enjoyed the Finca Els Calderers on a rainy day. It's a large manor house turned into an "museu etnologico" - lovely room interiors, interesting farming, interesting for both adults and children. We promised ourselves that we would go back one day in good weather as it has nice grounds as well.

I hope that you have such wonderful weather that you don't have to use any of these suggestions!