Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 1 Post By Bircho
  • 1 Post By Rockape
  • 2 Post By Rockape

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2018, 10:48

Default 60 hrs in PP!

We're popping over next weekend and bringing our 23yr old daughter to see the new house. So with the weather looking a bit iffy, we'd like to fit in a few things including a drive up to the the Lighthouse and a great 2-3hrs walk.

Which walk would you suggest is the 'must do' walk for us who don't really know anything about the areas outside PP? We are pretty fit, in fact when my daughter was 8, we walked/clambered up the highest mountain behind the Pollensa Park....in August!

Might give that a miss this time!
Tommo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-03-2018, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
We're popping over next weekend and bringing our 23yr old daughter to see the new house. So with the weather looking a bit iffy, we'd like to fit in a few things including a drive up to the the Lighthouse and a great 2-3hrs walk.

Which walk would you suggest is the 'must do' walk for us who don't really know anything about the areas outside PP? We are pretty fit, in fact when my daughter was 8, we walked/clambered up the highest mountain behind the Pollensa Park....in August!

Without doubt - this one:

What a Spectacular Walk to Cala San Vicente! - In My Shoes Travel : In My Shoes Travel
littlebird likes this.
Old 19-03-2018, 13:06

y like the walk on the other side of CSV out to the headland to the left. Also the climb up Puig de Maria in the old town
Old 19-03-2018, 13:25

Quote:

Check out the Boquer valley walk. It's spectacular.
Old 19-03-2018, 13:49

Without doubt - this one:

Interesting Bircho, I reckon we walked down that lane to the gate all those years ago when we climbed to the top. I have a vague recollection of the chained gate and don't think we went through it. You wouldn't would you??

Anyway, as we looked over CSV from up high and came back to the track half way along it and returned that way, I think we'll look at the others this time. Appreciate your idea though!
Old 19-03-2018, 13:53

I thought the Boquer valley sounded good, just googled it and realised we did that one too....I remember the photos I took!

We actually came to PP three years running for a fortnight in August from 2003-5 and last year was our first trip back.

So its looking like the climb up Puig de Maria in the old town!
pollensa likes this.
Old 19-03-2018, 14:05
Founder

Quote:
I thought the Boquer valley sounded good, just googled it and realised we did that one too....I remember the photos I took!

We actually came to PP three years running for a fortnight in August from 2003-5 and last year was our first trip back.

So its looking like the climb up Puig de Maria in the old town!
Apparently you can also eat at the restaurant up there if you time it right. Has anyone done that recently? We've had the odd drink and ice cream up there but are never sure what might be open.
Old 26-03-2018, 11:01

Well, that was very disappointing! Arrived Friday midday and meandered up to the Cap in the sunshine....and then the storm came!

Saturday was a write off and on Sunday we headed to the South of the island to do some exploring in the car. Amazing how the weather changed about 10 miles out of the Port, dry for the whole afternoon and as soon as we got back past Pollensa, the rain was still falling and carried on all night.

Can't believe the weather is now set fair for the next two weeks!

Never mind eh!
LK1960 and car77 like this.