Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Excursions Out & About in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/)
-   -   Bus Times Updated for Summer 2016 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/excursions-out-about-majorca/12801-bus-times-updated-summer-2016-a.html)

pollensa 04-05-2016 16:00

Bus Times Updated for Summer 2016

So as there are new bus timetables for 2016 - there are a few changes from last year, do check, our Page has now been updated Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - Buses with the times plus links to download the timetables from the tib website.

Just in case you've missed it amongst the massive thread on semi-pedestrianisation of the road along the front, the main Bus Stops have MOVED!!

Buses no longer depart from the stops by the Marina & Taxi Rank. The road along the front is now one way only (from Alcudia towards Pto Pollensa) and the bus stops have been moved to C/ Roger de Flor - behind the main square. There are two stops. The one directly behind the church serves buses to/from Alcudia. The one by the grass (with a small shelter) & opposite the Post Office is for buses to Pollensa, Cala San Vicente, & Palma.

Photos on our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/puertopollensaguide/

CharlieV 04-05-2016 16:29

This is so useful. Much appreciated! :)

pescador2009 04-05-2016 17:30

The 'Transports Mallorca' web-site really is worth a look albeit very 'fiddly'.
Buses 340, 345, 352, 353, 354, 355 (possibly others!) are the ones to look for the various routes around the island directly from PP - including the route to Palma which
will lead to many other connections.
There are maps - of varying quality / detail - indicating bus stops and the revised stops / bus routes due to the recent sea front pedestrianisation but you should always check to make sure of your stop / route. There is bound to be confusion especially for those with little experience of PP including 'find the Bus Station on C/Roger de Flor'. It was probably easier for Leicester to win the Premier League than it will be for many people negotiating the revised bus route! Best of luck to all.

Janey 24-08-2016 17:21

Could someone please tell me if you can get the bus from pp to Pollensa on Sunday from outside Pollensa park hotel? This question may be in the wrong place and for that I apologise

Molt de Renou 25-08-2016 10:48

From what I can gather the nearest bus stop to this hotel is at the ring road roundabout at the end of the road.

The 340 stops at 10,00 11,45 and 13,45 and the 345 at 10,20 and 13,15

whaleywanderer 25-08-2016 11:08

I can confirm that buses for ; Pollensa, Palma, Cala San Vecente, Alcudia, Can Picafort, Formentor, Soller & Sa Calobra are indeed now stopping on the ring road. However, I don't know whether the stops outside the Pollensa Park hotel & Sparrow bar are still in operation, anybody know?

sws97sdg 25-08-2016 11:10

I thought they would be stopping that now? Whats it like with the buses using the by-pass now Whaley?

marilyn 25-08-2016 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 114104)
I can confirm that buses for ; Pollensa, Palma, Cala San Vecente, Alcudia, Can Picafort, Formentor, Soller & Sa Calobra are indeed now stopping on the ring road. However, I don't know whether the stops outside the Pollensa Park hotel & Sparrow bar are still in operation, anybody know?

Do you know if they still stopping in Roger de Flor opposite the Correos?

Sparky 25-08-2016 12:13

Bus stop at Pollensa Park is no more and yes the main stop is still in Roger de Flor.

marilyn 25-08-2016 13:56

Thanks Sparky

whaleywanderer 25-08-2016 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 114105)
I thought they would be stopping that now? Whats it like with the buses using the by-pass now Whaley?

Quite busy but very convenient for the people of Gomar/Pinaret. We need to ride them now to see what route they are taking. ;)

pescador2009 25-08-2016 16:13

Fully understand why the buses no longer use the 'sea front' (front line) route but oh, what a wonderful route that was. Everyone seemed to know exactly where the stops were and what they were doing / where they were going. It was so convenient for many and it was wonderful to have the sea view and to be dropped off at the harbour terminus. Also great to be dropped off so close to Vall's ice cream stall. No doubt, in time, people (locals and those on holidays) will get used to the new routes, without the sea view, the harbour or the possibility of an excellent ice cream treat. The lucky ones will always remember that - others will know nothing more than the new routes and be none the wiser!
At least from Alcudia to the PP by-pass roundabout (and vice versa) we will still have wonderful views of the bay.