Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Excursions Out & About in Majorca

Excursions Out & About in Majorca Been on any good day trips lately (or in the last few years!)? Tell us all about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2013, 23:18

Question Alternatives to no frills??

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could advise on any reputable and reliable firms who organise excursions (such as Son Amar, day trips to Palma) other than No Frills? Am not very hopeful but just in case!

We HAVE had some great trips (daytime and evening) with them in the past but the past couple of years before 2012 have proved huge disappointments: had the worst possible seats right at the back and off to the side at Son Amar, real let-down. Then EPIC EPIC journey (i.e. they took the p**s with all the pick-ups down the east coast, and obnoxious charmless guide) to Come Fly With Me the year after, arriving late, it spoiled the whole magic of the evening. This cuts a longer story short but it suffices!

I do acknowledge that they are great for day trips so should maybe give them another chance; would like to give another company the business though if they come highly recommended!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-06-2013, 23:51
Super Moderator

I know it was many years ago when we did Son Amar but we booked in the Pollensa Park and went with one of the tour operators, so you could try asking at any of the hotels .
Old 26-06-2013, 07:55

I know the Habitat also organise trips but don't know who they use again worth asking.
Old 26-06-2013, 18:01

Dear Mairi,

If you wish to go to Son Amar from Puerto Pollensa and you don’t want to go with No Frills Excursions, the few options you have are to take a taxi or hire a car and pay the 60€ door price on arrival (the same price that we offer with transport included).

There are very few tour companies operating a coach from this area of the island to Son Amar, in fact the ones that do sell the excursion send their clients with us on our coach – so for so many agencies to work happily with us, we think we must be doing something right.

It is not possible to specify which seats you are allocated in Son Amar and our seats vary each week. It is only possible to specify the category. For those who wish to guarantee the best seats we have the option to book the Platinum category but of course the lower priced seats are further away from the stage as in any theatre.

We also doubt you will find a company offering a service to Palma for as good value and service as our Palma Bus at 17€ but we wish you good luck and a nice holiday in Mallorca.

No Frills Excursions