Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2012, 13:28

Default La Patrona 2012

Over for the La Patrona for the first time in a couple years, does anyone have this years details yet, it normally follows the same format and dates, just wondered with the cutbacks if anything major would change?

On island time!!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-06-2012, 14:55
Super Moderator

There has been nothing reported about any of the summer fiestas in either PP or Pollensa yet. So no change there .
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 27-06-2012, 09:18

Come on Sparky, you know they can only deal with one thing at a time !!! and there's this weeks San Pere fiesta to go first.
sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08
Super Moderator

Found this in today's DDM :-

j. frau Pollença Pollença Township has begun the countdown to participate in one of the most anticipated holiday of the year: Patron. However, before the confrontation between Moors and Christians 'Pollença' are eligible to vote for their votes to those involved in the simulation, the local hero Joan Mas and the corsair Dragut, whose identities will be announced on day 20, the date set for vote. The election process will introduce this year a few changes from previous editions. The main novelty is that the city 'pollencí' only allow the distribution of ballot papers the same day of the election and in the same place where it will be held in Plaça Vella in the town. "Before the candidates (Joan Mas, Dragut and Ajuntament vella) could distribute ballots everywhere and for longer, which generated many complaints from citizens," the mayor said yesterday 'pollencí' Tomeu Encrypt (PP) . Thus, the Consistory believes that voters, who must be resident in Pollença, more than 16 years may choose their favorites more freely and without pressure added. Candidates In total, seven 'Pollença' choose this year to represent the hero Joan Mas, while five others, with his inseparable lieutenant and ensign, have been submitted to exercise pirate Dragut. For its part, the paper's Hall vella correspond to one of three groups of four 'Pollença' who have decided to run the vote on Friday 20 July. As always, the simulation of Moors and Christians will be held on 2 August, after the traditional Alborada. Mayor explained yesterday Encrypt, the festival program has not yet been closed by the Consistory 'pollencí', but moved that the party does not present major changes from previous years. As is known, the economic situation of the municipalities, Pollenca also goes through difficult times, so that the budget for the holidays is lower than other years, although "no one will notice the difference," according to Encrypt.

Read the story here :- Pollena introduce cambios en la votacin de Mas y Dragut - Diario de Mallorca
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29

Thanks Sparky thats very useful, I always wondered how they choose the different parts people play, I didn't realise they had mini elections.

On island time!!
Old 11-07-2012, 13:14
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Thanks Sparky thats very useful, I always wondered how they choose the different parts people play, I didn't realise they had mini elections.
I think it's taken extremely seriously & considered to be quite an honour to be elected. You normally see the posters up all around the town. You can see the poster on the ajuntament's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ajpollenca - Yes, they too are on Facebook!
Old 11-07-2012, 13:22
Founder

And this year there's a T-shirt too - Have a look on our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/puertopollensaguide
Old 11-07-2012, 13:28

I shall be buying a t-shirt!

On island time!!
Old 20-07-2012, 13:46

Hot off the press, details of this years La Patrona on the councils FB page
Welcome to Facebook just need a translation now.

On island time!!
Old 20-07-2012, 16:51
Super Moderator

Here is the programme as posted by Andrew @ wotzupnorth.
Many thanks Andrew.

Tuesday, 24 July:
22:00: Palma Municipal Band "Orfeo Mayurca". Price: 5 euros. Sant Domingo cloister.

Thursday, 26 July:
14:00: Firing of rockets and ringing of bells. Followed by street procession with the Soldà bugle band. Plaça de Monti-sion.

20:00: Judo exhibition. Plaça Major.

20.30: Street procession with the band of drums and bugles.

21:00: Start of exhibition by new local artists. Clob Pollença.

22:00: Oration for the fiestas and concert by the Pollensa band of music and then procession. Sant Domingo cloister.

Friday, 27 July:
10:00-19:00: Table games. Children's park in the C. Cecili Metel.

11:00: Choreographed show and musical "The Cats". Plaça Major.

18:45: Synchronised swimming display. Pollensa swimming-pool.

20:00: Semi finals and final for 3x3 basketball. Pollensa sports centre.

20:30: Opening of the exhibition "50 years of work on the Puig (hill)". Club Pollença.

22:00: Evening in honour of Miquel Costa i Llobera. Price: 1 euro. Sant Domingo cloister.

22:00: Ballroom dancing with Trio Brumas. Plaça Major.

23:45: Apron party (apron party!?). Toni Llobera (Deejaysgrup) and Balater. Ca la Gran Cristiana.

Saturday, 28 July:
18:30: Marxa Fresca (white party) for kids - five to fourteen. Plaça Vella.

18:30: Giants stand up. Via Pollentia.

19:00: Procession by the giants ending in Plaça de ca les Monnares.

19:30: Benefit party with supper, music and market. Joan March gardens.

20:00: Madrid, Barcelona and Betis football fan clubs tournament. Football stadium.

21:00: Trial bikes plus a Pollensa music group featuring the voice of Marian Oliver. C. de la Reina Maria Cristina.

21:30: Farmers' dance with the groups Sa Revettla de Sant Antoni and Racó de Tramuntana. Plaça Major.

22:00: Benefit concert by Cap Pela "Moon River". Price: 10 euros. Sant Domingo cloister.

Sunday, 29 July:
18:00-19:00/19:00-20:00: Benefit pedalada against cancer. Led by Rebeca Jiménez and Arturo Redondo. Plaça Major.

19:00: Documentary film about Sor Maria Rafela. Convent SSCC, C. de Mallorca.

20:00-21:00: Kangoo Jumps and Zumba, Led by Ángel Díaz and Alina Mocanu. Price 7 euros including t-shirt, drink and snack. Benefit for the national cancer association (Balearics division). Plaça Major.

22:00: Theatre with the group Terra Nostra. Price 5 euros. Sant Domingo cloister.

22:00-02:00: Party with Pollensa DJs. Plaça de ca les Monnares.

Monday, 30 July:
20:00: Football tournament. Football stadium.

21:00: Pollensa celebration presented by Neus Albis and Felip Munar (music, monologues etc.) Sant Domingo cloister.

21:30: Farmers' dance with Pollensa school of dance. Plaça Major.

Tuesday, 31 July:
18:00: Bouncy castle for kids to age five. Plaça Major.

19:00: Ice-cream for the kids. Plaça Vella.

22:00: Concert by Marti Saez and group. Sant Domingo cloister. Price 3 euros.

23:30-05:00: Marxa Fresca with DJs Tomeu Perelló, C&C Music Factory and Tomàs Mir. Plaça Major.

Wednesday, 1 August:
20:00: Procession with the Pollensa drums and bugles band and the Pollensa band of music.

21:00: Party for senior citizens. Sant Domingo cloister.

23:00: Party with the group Donde Estabas Tú. Plaça Major.

Thursday, 2 August:
05:00: Traditional Alborada throughout Pollensa and in the square in Puerto Pollensa.

11:00: Mass and dance by cossiers. By the parish church.

12:15. Cossiers dance. Plaça Major.

12:45: Prize giving at the Monti-sion church with performance by the Pollensa music band.

13:00: Refreshments for all. Town hall.

17:00: Procession with the drums and bugles of Soldà.

17:30: Procession with the image of La Patrona.

19:00: THE MOORS AND CHRISTIANS.

21:30. Thanksgiving. Song of joy by Costa i Llobera. Interpretation of the Alborada and "Visca Pollença" by the Pollensa music band. Fireworks (though not a full fireworks display). Plaça Major.
sws97sdg, LK1960 and cherylbb like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 20-07-2012 at 16:54.
Old 20-07-2012, 18:01

Thank you Andrew

I´d like to watch a bit of synchronised swimming (27 July) to get me in the mood for the Olympics but can anyone tell me where the Pollensa swimming pool is
Old 20-07-2012, 18:52

The pool is in the sports complex in Pollensa near to the roundabout with the big cock (Behave!)
Old 20-07-2012, 18:56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew711 View Post
The pool is in the sports complex in Pollensa near to the roundabout with the big cock (Behave!)
Who ME!!!! .
sws97sdg, LK1960, cherylbb and 1 others like this.
Old 21-07-2012, 13:46

Well I think the election for the main characters has taken place, and this was the party last night with still a week before it starts, I hope they don't peak too soon.

AIXÍ COMENÇAVA LA FESTA, PATRONA 2012.... - YouTube

On island time!!
Old 22-07-2012, 10:00
Super Moderator

They do take it very seriously, there was even a recount .

This courtesy of El simulacro de los Moros i Cristians de la Patrona 2012 ya tiene a sus protagonistas » Part Forana » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

The Pollença already have Joan Mas, Dragut and Vella City Council this year. More than 3,000 infants registered in Pollença or over 16 on Friday voted Plaça Vella representatives to interpret the different positions of the drill Moors and Christians, to be held on August 2.
Jaume Canaves "Pixona" will be Joan Mas, the Christian leader in charge to claim the aid of citizens before the attack of the Moors. Young won the other six candidates with 756 votes, with a significant difference of 212 of the second candidate with the most support from the Pollença.
Veterans George Reynes, Paco Sanchez and Miguel Sebastia Morro Morro were selected to represent Ajuntament Vella, who with 43% of the votes were imposed on the two other groups who wanted to represent the position.
In the case of Dragut, Lloctinent and Abanderat, the election was closer. The group of Miquel Vives, Amador Chacon and Jaime Vives won the most votes, with only 35 votes more than the latter. The controversy came into this category. At the end of the count there was some fluctuation in the number of votes projected on a giant screen, informing the audience of the outcome of the vote. After complaints count was also performed which confirmed the same result.

A completion of the elections the party continued late into the night.