Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 16:03
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
pollensa,you're in all for the good of the holiday makers you understand!!lol
Opps I actually meant that I would come & watch. You would not want to watch me - am totally lacking in co-ordination. (Un)fortunately I cannot make it back that weekend.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 16:32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
However, all may not be lost, some outraged locals are trying to organise a party on the beach, i will let you all know as soon as i have any more info.
Sorry guys but it's not looking like it is going to happen .
Lets hope things will be better next year, the more we can put into the local economy the better chance there is that the fiestas will return to their former glory.
Old 07-07-2011, 18:18

Smile

Programme below.

El Port de Pollença celebra les seves festes de la Mare de Déu del Carme 2011 entre el 14 i el 17 de juliol. Enguany, l’encarregada de donar el sus serà Maria Cerdà Salas, filla i neta de pescadors, amb el seu pregó “Com onades de mar“. Aquest és el llistat d’activitats programades per aquests dies:

Dijous 14 de juliol
20:30 hrs. Inauguració de l’exposició de fotografies antigues de motos 1920-1975 recopilades per Llorenç Payeras, al Saló Parroquial. L’exposició es podrà visitar fins al 17 de juliol de 2011.
21:00 hrs. Pregó: “Com onades de mar”, a càrrec de Maria Cerdà Salas, filla i neta de pescadors
21:45 hrs. Concert de la Banda de Música de Pollença a l’Església de la Mare de Déu del Carme. Acte seguit s’oferirà un tassó de granissat als assistents.
Divendres 15 de juliol
18:00 hrs. Festa infantil Disco i Escuma al Pati del Centre Polivalent Miquel Capllonch
22:00 hrs. Caliu, música per ballar jotes, fandangos i boleros a la Plaça Miquel Capllonch

Dissabte 16 de juliol
18:00 hrs. Castell inflable i gelats per als infants a la Plaça Miquel Capllonch
22:00 hrs. Música en viu a càrrec de Pachá i Phoenix a la Plaça Miquel Capllonch

Diumenge 17 de juliol
18:30 hrs. Missa Solemne a l’Església de la Mare de Déu del Carme i Processó Marinera amb les imatges de Sant Pere i de la Mare de Déu del Carme
23:00 hrs. Batucada, correfocs i traca final de festes a càrrec de Dimonis K de Bou.

Altres activitats
Exposició col·lectiva dels artistes Vicens Herrero i Sitges Febrer. Del 9 al 30 de juliol a la Galeria Joan XXIII
Exposició col·lectiva. Selecció d’obra gràfica de diversos artistes, dissenys propis de 8 Ulls, col·leccions de joieria contemporània de Malespintes i els dissenys de Miss Chinita. Inauguració dia 15 de juliol de 2011.
Mercat nocturn al Passeig Anglada Camarasa. Dissabte 16 i diumenge 17 de juliol de 2011.
III Torneig Volei Platja Solidari DSR (Dentistas Sobre Ruedas) Mare de Déu del Carme. Del 12 al 16 de juliol a la platja de la Gola. Inscripcions fins al 10 de juliol al Bellavista Cafè (C/ de les Monges 14, Port de Pollença)

Cheers.

San Miguel
Old 07-07-2011, 18:26
Founder

Thanks San Miguel. Hopefully Andrew Ede will be very kind & translate it for us. I can manage Castilian Spanish but Catalan is too much for me - or maybe someone here translate it for us?
Old 07-07-2011, 18:49
Super Moderator

The Program below. Pollensa Port celebrates its festival of the Virgen del Carmen in 2011 between 14 and 17 July. This year, the charge will give its Cerda Maria Salas, daughter and net fishing with his speech "The waves of the sea." This is the list of activities scheduled for these dates:

Thursday 14 July 20:30 hrs. Opening of the exhibition of old photographs of motorcycles Payeras 1920-1975 compiled by Lawrence, the Parish Hall. The exhibition will be open until 17 July 2011. 21:00. Proclamation: "As the sea waves" by Maria Salas Cerda, daughter and fishing net 21:45 hrs. Concert Band Music Pollensa Church of the Virgin of Carmen. Immediately afterwards offered a bowl of iced attendees.

Friday 15 July 18:00 hrs. Children Foam Party Disco and Patio Center Multipurpose Michael Capllonch 22:00 hrs. Warmth, dance music jacks, Fandangos and boleros to the Plaza Miguel Capllonch

Saturday 16 July 18:00 hrs. Bouncy castle and ice cream for children in the Plaza Miguel Capllonch 22:00 hrs. Live music by Pacha and Phoenix in the Plaza Miguel Capllonch

Sunday 17 July 18:30 hrs. Mass Church of the Virgin of Carmen and sea procession with images of St. Peter and Our Lady of Carmen 23:00 hrs. Batucada, correfocs fireworks and festivities end by Demons K Bo.

Other activities Group exhibition of artists Vicens Herrero and Sitges February. From 9 to 30 July at the John XXIII Gallery Exhibition. A selection of prints by various artists, designs, 8 Eyes, collections of contemporary jewelry designs and Malespintes Miss Chinita.

Opening July 15, 2011. Night Market in Paseo Anglada Camarasa.

Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 July 2011. DSR Charity Beach Volleyball Tournament III (Dentistas About WHEELED VEHICLES) Virgen del Carmen. From 12 to 16 July on the beach in the throat. Registration until July 10 to Bellavista Cafe (C / de les Monges 14, Puerto Pollensa) Cheers. San Miguel

Last edited by Sparky; 08-07-2011 at 12:25.
Old 07-07-2011, 19:00

Glad to see fireworks mentioned had read there weren't any or beach party due cut backs. Sadly not there this year, had a great time last year.
Old 07-07-2011, 19:09
Super Moderator

Pips, i don't think there will be a big fireworks display on the beach, it probably means the catherine wheels and bangers and things that the "demons" let off as they parade around the streets.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:16

Thats right Sparky, correfocs are the line of bangers/fire crackers that go off down the middle of the road with the devils..... the butacada group will provide a nice atmosphere. The fireworks will be missed by residents and visitors alike but if there is no money to pay an electric bill of the swimming pool the town hall really should not be seen to `burn money´however enjoyable it is to watch. It seems the Pollensa fiestas La Patrona are also likely to be scaled down considerably.
Heres to a better 2012 everyone.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:22
Super Moderator

Yes i agree JMD but it still seems unfair that Pollensa get 100K for fiestas while the Port only gets 30K .
Old 08-07-2011, 12:37

Yes, I did not like to mention that although we should remember we are all part of Pollensa and we shall all enjoy the La Patrona too - which is a fiesta dating back hundreds and hundreds of years. They are apparently cutting out the entertainment of night of 1-2 August which is a massive decision. At least the new Major has the **** to make unpopular decisions..... and we can still enjoy those lovely zebra crossings that he painted all over the Port in his first week in office - if only we had realized they were in place of the fireworks we may not have used them!! jee jee
Old 08-07-2011, 12:43

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD40 View Post
Yes, I did not like to mention that although we should remember we are all part of Pollensa and we shall all enjoy the La Patrona too - which is a fiesta dating back hundreds and hundreds of years. They are apparently cutting out the entertainment of night of 1-2 August which is a massive decision. At least the new Major has the **** to make unpopular decisions..... and we can still enjoy those lovely zebra crossings that he painted all over the Port in his first week in office - if only we had realized they were in place of the fireworks we may not have used them!! jee jee
Balls to that.
Old 13-07-2011, 19:34

Any update re possible replacement for beach party which there was a thought local businesses may try to organise ... I have 3 disappointed teenagers and have to admit to quite enjoying it myself
Old 13-07-2011, 20:06
Super Moderator

Hi cd, i did report last week that it isn't going to happen. I was told they couldn't get permission to use any part of the beach. Sorry!!
Old 13-07-2011, 20:20

So you did .... Never mind sure they will find sufficient entertainment and as we will have berm on the go since 5am it is probably for the best

Hope to catch you to say Hola next week
Old 13-07-2011, 20:31
Super Moderator

I am sure we will bump into each other , have a safe journey .