Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 19:06

We are flying from Bristol...its open at the moment but keeping fingers crossed that there will be no more snow and no delays as we are not flying until 14:15 ..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2010, 20:48

Smile

Horray ! and Thanx sparky

That gives us plenty of time to get settled in then .
Is the lighting of the fires... just everywhere?... u will have to bring me up to speed on this !

CathB, ur gonna have to get a shufty on, dump the cases and come on down ! lol

...and Smiddy, I think thats the same flite that we are on ! Come over and say hello... I will be the grumpy one (dont do mornings ) pushing my Dad in a wheelchair !

Miriam

Last edited by med777; 09-01-2010 at 20:48. Reason: spl
Old 09-01-2010, 21:16

Miriam thats just what we intend to do..taxi arranged for pick up at airport so just hope we are not delayed..where is it best to go...the square..is anyone meeting up..
Old 09-01-2010, 21:28
Super Moderator

Hi Miriam, i know JK's is having a fire but not sure about any others. You just wander around from place to place, last year we only had a quick mosey about as we were going to a private party but we saw fires at Club cultural, Makassar, JK's, Neptuno and Can Picoteo. As i have said before it goes on practically all night so you have plenty of time to check them out and don't forget your ear plugs.
Old 09-01-2010, 21:33
Super Moderator

Sorry meant to say if i find out any more info i will let you all know.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:29
Super Moderator

Default Where to get a meal on 17th "Pines"

For those of you who may be wondering about where you can get something to eat on the 17th after the "Pines" i have made a list which i will add to as and when i get more info:-

Most of the Mallorcan bars/restaurants will be open.
CAN BALACHE..will be serving roast dinners after the Pines has finished.
HELL'S KITCHEN..roast dinners and staying open later than normal.
JK's..kitchen open all day, menu as normal.
THE NAGS HEAD..serving roast dinners, they tell me they are also open for the "Fires" and have lots planned.
Old 11-01-2010, 15:35

Default San Antoni

Thanks for the info Sparky!

Very helpful! We are coming out on Friday from Gatwick (fingers crossed that there's no more snow before then!) and hope to see you around the port during the festival.
Old 12-01-2010, 00:11

Smile

sparky... ur talkin like a local !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
com'on, give us 'San Antoni virgins' a break here, 'after the Pines' ????....so this is when a pine tree arrives...yes?( cos u did say something about a pine tree arriving... but I thought u meant at 12-12.30 midnight ? ... we surely dont have to wait that long to eat ?!?

Can we start again ? ( or is me just being thick?)

Is there anywhere that we can get the background info on the events? ( and plz... u do enuff already, so if u know a link, fine, if not... we will just go with the flow and work it out as we go along ! lol )

CathB...Im a wee bit limited cos I got my 2 x 79y/o(+wheelchair) groupies in tow and not sure how it will pan out, but it would be really nice if we could all meet up, maybe early evening on the 16th?
Perhaps, Sparky, u could co-ordinate/advise ? (again !... sorry)

Miriam
Old 12-01-2010, 00:34
Super Moderator

LOL, sorry Miriam "The Pines" is on sunday 17th at midday-ish, the tree will be brought over from Formentor in the morning and it's dragged around the Port, it arrives outside the church at about noon and then the guys try to climb up it. Will let you know later in the week about meeting up.
Old 12-01-2010, 00:54

Talking

Hiya sparky !

lol... ok... thought I was gonna have a rumblin tum till late sat !

Thanx for clearing that one up !

Miriam
Old 12-01-2010, 16:34

Med777, I think your parents would enjoy seeing the parade of animals in the old town,takes place 1000 Sunday morning and is on a much larger scale than the port. Then there is enough time to make it back down to watch the pine being brought from the beach. We usually eat lunch while it goes around the port and gather to watch the guys trying to climb it. Excellent firework display to music on Sat pm at Sa Pobla for those who might want to venture further afield.
Old 12-01-2010, 17:24

Miriam, Will pop over and say hello, we were on the same flight time a month ago and it arrived 40 mins early, so you should have plenty of time to get organized. Although we've been going out in the winter for over 15 years, this is our 1st visit to the festival, so we'll take it as it comes
Old 12-01-2010, 19:42

this will be our first visit to the festival too and am really looking forward to it..just hope no delays as we are not due in to palma until 5:40 (pm)...so as mentioned before it will be a very quick unpacking of the essentials then head off out.have just had a quick look at the 15 day forecast on Accuweather and it seems to have improved as the week had gone on stating weather for next week varies between 12 and 17 degrees..hope this is right as it will seem tropical after what we have just had
Old 12-01-2010, 22:13

Cathb, As i've mentioned, been going over in the winter (1st feb) for the last 15 yrs, we've had all sorts of weather but always managed a least a couple of days of nice weather.
Old 13-01-2010, 00:26

Talking

Thank you Chris, it makes life so much easier when u have a wheelchair in tow, to be able to plan in advance, ur info is very much appreciated !

smiddy, look forward to it and promise to try and be halfway civil ( I thought there was only ONE 6.40 in a day ) !

CathB... I've got everything crossed for u flite to be on time !

sparky... It would appear that I now owe u 2 drinks ! one for the one u bought me... and one for looking after my OH !

Lorenzo...since u appear to be arriving first, I think u better organise our table & get the first round in ! ( only joking ! )

roll on Saturday !

Miriam
Closed Thread