Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   PP fiesta 2009 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/4118-pp-fiesta-2009-a.html)

Villa Plus 26-11-2008 13:32

PP fiesta 2009

Hi,

We would tell you about some of the great local events and attractions that you and your family can enjoy on your 2009 holiday to Puerto Pollenca. Why not take your 2009 Puerto Pollenca holiday during 15th - 20th July and experience the town’s Patron Saint festival. The local council arrange a host of activities from live music every evening in the square to a beach party, fireworks display, children’s activities and an all day and evening market along the Pinewalk and main square. This fiesta is great way to meet the local people of Puerto Pollenca, as well as being great fun for the whole family! Also, Puerto Pollenca’s seafront has now been pedestrianised from the taxi rank to the beach bar, so visitors can now enjoy the numerous shops, restaurants, bars and the beach without traffic flying past. This will make the seafront a more enjoyable place to relax and unwind in the warm Mallorquin sunshine.

We hope you will decide to join us here in Puerto Pollenca for your 2009 summer holiday and look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island.

The Villa Plus Mallorca team

pollensa 26-11-2008 13:48

Welcome to the Forum. Can you confirm that 15-20th IS the date for the fiesta in 2009? This makes the fireworks Sun 19th. Has this date been confirmed as we have been advised incorrectly by the tourist office in the past who have 'guessed' wrong!

Thanks.

Webmaster

Rab 03-12-2008 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 26695)
Welcome to the Forum. Can you confirm that 15-20th IS the date for the fiesta in 2009? This makes the fireworks Sun 19th. Has this date been confirmed as we have been advised incorrectly by the tourist office in the past who have 'guessed' wrong!

Thanks.

Webmaster

Any update?

aquajan26 24-04-2009 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 26695)

Thanks.

Webmaster

Hi does anyone know if these dates have been confirmed yet?

Thanks

SummerSun 20-05-2009 15:40

2009 Fiesta in Puerto Pollensa

Six weeks to our holiday in Puerto Pollensa now starting to count the days. Is there any update on the confirmation of the dates of the fiesta. We arrive on 2 July and depart on 16 July, so not sure if we will catch any of the events.

pollensa 20-05-2009 15:47

Am afraid that the tourist office did not confirm it until the beginning of July last year although I'm sure that someone in PP must at least know the dates by now. Can any residents help?

ann 21-05-2009 15:37

virgen del carmen fiesta

The Pto Pollensa Neighbourhood Association which organises the Virgen del Carmen fiesta in the port, told me today that the dates of the fiesta have been fixed and will be from July 15th to 19th

Sparky 21-05-2009 15:41

Thank you for the info Ann.:)

pollensa 04-07-2009 12:32

We now have the full program for the fiesta which can be seen either on Events & Fiestas in Pollensa (Pollenca), Mallorca Majorca or the Forum Calendar http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/calendar.php :)

pollensa 10-07-2009 14:30

http://www.ajpollenca.net/wms/ofo/im...ot26796580.gif

You can also download the complete programme (in Catalan!) from the ajuntament website - see Notícia

Sparky 10-07-2009 15:43

Just to let you all know the preparations are in full swing, with bunting and decorations going up in the square. It will be the first time i have been here for this event and i am getting really excited.
I will do my best to keep you all informed about what is going on, hopefully so will other members who are here during the festivities.:D

lollipop 10-07-2009 16:02

Sparky, I am sure you will enjoy the week. The concerts and groups who play in the square are good. On the 19th get yourself to the pier where the tourist boats leave from and for no charge you can be part of the flotilla that go out into the bay with the statue,you just have to be brave enough to get on one of the boats. No signs just follow the crowd!! Don't forget this Saturday and Sunday evenings there is the Market of Opportunities,where local shops have sale goods.

Sparky 10-07-2009 16:15

Thanks for the info Lollipop;)

Sparky 16-07-2009 11:15

The square was really buzzing last night, great atmosphere. I am looking forward to tonight, traditional dance and music.:D