Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46

Smile All night Fiesta at Pollenca football ground

Help! I have just been told that there is an annual 'LOUD' fiesta at the football ground in the La font area usually in July does anyone know what date this is due to take place this year?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2008, 19:43

Default all nighter

Don;t think there is any more

there used to be a rock show there during fiesta week

But for the last 2 years it has been replaced by a rave on the beach

Usually about 13th July
Old 12-05-2008, 21:33

the last 2 years it has been on La Gola beach - the staurday night before the fireworks..the year before last it finished about 2pm but last year it went on until about 5am...not that much fun when you are staying opposite (especially when we had had a 6.30am flight in the morning and no sleep before )
Old 17-05-2008, 19:35

Hello there, I think this may be in the run up to the 2nd August - La Patrona - and there is usually different types of music all night for several nights in Pollença old town this week and one of the nights is for the younger generation with rock music often held at the football ground - it will be somewhere between 26th July to 1st August I imagine. I am afraid it is almost impossible getting info from the town hall about fixed dates over here.
I did get 90% confirmation that the PP firework display this year will be on Sunday 20th July - they could not decide whether 13th or 20th but as we thought they have plumped for 20th. The Pollença town will always be at midnight on 2nd August.
By the way, anyone driving from airport on 2nd August after 1700hrs would be best to enter PP via the sea front road due to the battle and massive traffic congestion. You have been warned - you may be attacked by an invading Moor!!
Old 18-05-2008, 01:51

Hi JMD4O
We are staying in Gommar from the 1st Aug, do you think we will be able to see the fireworks from there?
Thanks
Jigs
Old 18-05-2008, 10:28

Hi JMD40

Thanks for this information. We will be in PP on both 13th and 20th so I thought it likely that we would finally catch the fireworks this year. In almost 20 years we've never managed to do that. However I did expect them to be on 13th. My eldest daughter is joining us for our second week so she'll be very pleased if they do stick with Sunday 20th. I believe we're in for a treat.
Old 18-05-2008, 15:45

This is good news if it is the 20th...we fly out 12th but my daughter and our friends son and 3 granchilden are joining us on the tuesday for a week so hopefully they will catch the fireworks.
Old 18-05-2008, 18:39

Jiggy I think you would see some of the fireworks from Gommar but you really need to be down near the beach as they have some which seem to appear out of the sea!!! It really is the most amazing display I've ever seen..so get yourself down to La Gola beach or better still book a table at Stay. I did this a couple of years ago...I emailed them in advance and asked for a ' ringside ' table. When I arrived in PP I popped into Stay to check they still had the booking and they showed me our table for that night...prime spot Fantastic evening

Debs
Old 19-05-2008, 08:10

Hi Debs. That sounds like a really good idea. What time would you advise booking a table for? I'm not quite sure what time the fireworks take place.

Many thanks. LK
Old 19-05-2008, 08:12

Hi Debs. That sounds like a really good idea. What time would you suggest booking a table for? I'm not quite sure what time the fireworks take place.

Many thanks. LK
Old 19-05-2008, 11:35

Hi all, just repeating what JMD4O said re the fireworks, PP fireworks on beach middle of July really need to be in the port for best view, Pollenca fireworks always on last day of fiesta Sunday night at midnight, set up on the second roundabout on the way out to Palma, so best to see it from the main road (closed off for the event) or from the patio of our villa, we have grandstand seats (not actually our villa, yet) we will be there from the 26th of July to the 9th of August.
Old 19-05-2008, 13:44

Does that mean you are inviting us all to share the patio of `your´villa??? Very nice of you - I will bring a few botttles of cava!! Fireworks are almost always at midnight - the other real fab ones are 2nd August in Pollença Town for anyone who misses these and the Port de Alcudia ones on the 29th June are pretty good also. I do not like to miss any of them - my excuse is that the kids love them. . . . those of you with young children do not think they will not stay awake - there are so many other people around and a great party atmosphere with the beach packed solid with people laying on the sunbeds (they are free at that time of night!) or on towels on the beach and having picnics. We like to go to Stay also so please do not all book too early - anyhow now that we have the generous offer from sws 97sdq I can save some money.
Actually, just re-read your quote and realize you are talking about the Pollença fireworks. However, they are not on the Sunday night - the PP ones are always on the last Sunday night of the week of fiestas close to Santa Carmen which is on 16th July. The Pollenca fireworks are always on the 2nd August whatever day of the week that falls on - this year a Saturday which is VERY bad news for those of us who work in tourism!! See you there.

Last edited by JMD40; 19-05-2008 at 13:47. Reason: added a bit
Old 19-05-2008, 13:51

Yes of cause jmd40 if you are bringing drinks, we are tempted to rent out car parking spaces as well as the whole area around the town is full up of locals and tourists cars

Yes you are right JMD40, I meant to say that the fireworks are always on the 2nd which I thought was Sunday this year

Last edited by sws97sdg; 19-05-2008 at 20:07. Reason: senior moment
Old 23-05-2008, 20:53

Brilliant idea - you could make a packet!! I could be a car parking attendent (with a free space for me of course) if you like?? Parking or actually trying to get out of Pollença is very challenging for these fiestas - it is always the downer actually. I wish the fiesta was on a Sunday but no, its a Saturday this year so I may have to bow out gracefully - I feel very sorry for the poor unspecting tourists arriving in `sleepy Pollença town´for the first time only to be attacked on the roundabout by very drunk and worse for wear Moors and Christians!! They may just turn their car around and head straight back to the peace and quiet of Magalluf!!
Old 07-06-2008, 00:14

Default fireworks 2008

Any definite date yet ?