Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By Big Sal
  • 2 Post By mike_dublin
  • 4 Post By Gommar Goffer
  • 2 Post By Rockape
  • 1 Post By mopezone
  • 5 Post By mopezone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2023, 17:19

Default Pollença wine fair 2023

https://puntinformatiu.cat/presentad...i-de-pollenca/

The Pollença Wine Fair celebrates its 20th edition this year. Cloister of Sant Domingo Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 May.
Sharonh, El Gordo and Sparky like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2023, 08:50

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...-cloister.html

Quote:
"we have gone from the 16 bodegas of the first edition to 39 this year, plus the participation once more of the DO Montsant bodegas from Falset".

The fair will be from 10am to 8.30pm on Saturday, May 6 and from 10am to 2pm on Sunday, May 7. Entrance will be 15 euros with the gift of a glass and a voucher of five euros to buy wine.
Sharonh and El Gordo like this.
Old 27-04-2023, 17:16

Ive just realised I'm out here for this. Does anyone have anyone have any recommendations, or advice? Apart from the obvious!
Old 28-04-2023, 08:24

Get the bus!
Old 28-04-2023, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
Get the bus!
That comes under the 'obvious' category GG!
Tangoman and Miller like this.
Old 11-05-2023, 15:30

This year's Wine Fair was great, and all the better for being back in the Cloister.

The island's wine producers have really raised their game since Covid IMO, and lots of them are making brilliant varietals that are the equal of any in the world. Particular mention to Vi Rei based in Lluc Major, who ironically weren't at the Fair, at least on Saturday, despite having Table 7 and being in the catalogue; though you can get most of their great range at good prices at Hiper Centro in Port Pollenca.

A quick question though - on the back of the catalogue it states Proxima Edicion 27/28 Maio 2024 - I've looked, and that's a Monday and Tuesday, whereas 27/28 April 2024 is a Saturday and Sunday - do you think it was a misprint and the next one will be 27/28 April? I need to know to get my flights booked!
Sharonh likes this.
Old 12-05-2023, 08:34

For me the best value white was the Son Ramon 2022 Chardonnay, aged in oak barrels for 4 months. Similar to a lightly oaked Chablis. A bargain at €8 a bottle (used the €5 voucher, so it cost me €3!)
Old 13-05-2023, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopezone View Post
This year's Wine Fair was great, and all the better for being back in the Cloister.

The island's wine producers have really raised their game since Covid IMO, and lots of them are making brilliant varietals that are the equal of any in the world. Particular mention to Vi Rei based in Lluc Major, who ironically weren't at the Fair, at least on Saturday, despite having Table 7 and being in the catalogue; though you can get most of their great range at good prices at Hiper Centro in Port Pollenca.

A quick question though - on the back of the catalogue it states Proxima Edicion 27/28 Maio 2024 - I've looked, and that's a Monday and Tuesday, whereas 27/28 April 2024 is a Saturday and Sunday - do you think it was a misprint and the next one will be 27/28 April? I need to know to get my flights booked!
So - replying to myself, I contacted Vi Primitiu (the organisers) and they confirmed that it was a misprint in the booklet, and next year's Wine Fair will be on 27/28 April 2024 - get it in your diaries, it's not to be missed if you have any interest in wine
Sharonh, LK1960, Lorenzo and 2 others like this.
Old 11-10-2023, 17:01

Just a thought - here at the moment and got caught in the road closures because of cycle race - another one on Friday and Sunday! Anyway the 312 cycle race 2024 is on 27th April - same as Wine Fair in Pollensa?