Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Holy Week 25th March questions (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/1378-holy-week-25th-march-questions.html)

gypsylips 31-01-2006 21:05

Holy Week 25th March questions

HI,

My husband and I have just booked to come to Pollensa from 25th March for 1 week. I have just discovered it is holy week- will we have problems eating out/drinking/shops closing etc? Its helpful to have an insight into this before we go!!!

Thanks

JMD40 31-01-2006 22:24

Hello there, I live here and this is news to me. :o Could you be referring to last years calender when of course Easter was so early?? Anyhow, holy week or not holy week, you will have no trouble enjoying your holiday at the end of March as everything will be about to open for the official commencement of the summer season. on 1st April. March is a lovely month with a good choice of bars, restaurants,shops etc.et.c to choose from - all the favs. should be open by then as many open mid - end March. Have a good stay. J

sonyaaa 01-02-2006 02:06

Hi JMD40

Can you tell me does Easter fall the same weekend in Pollensa as it does here, Good Friday being the 14/4/06. Only that Im out over our Easter and was looking forward to the Easter festivals in Pollensa.

Thanks

Sonya

pollensa 01-02-2006 04:04

Re: Easter 2006

Easter is definitely the same weekend in Spain as it is in the UK & as far as I know in any other country that celebrates it as a Christian festival. This year Easter Sunday is 16th April 2006 & Holy Week will be the week leading up to it.

As it states on our Events page most festivals are round about the same date each year apart from Easter which I think depends on some sort of lunar calendar.

mallorcaboy 01-02-2006 04:59

Easter 2006

Hi Sonyaa,
this is not a silly question, as apparently the Greek Church do have a different date for Easter. However, we all follow the same calender over here and we're going to have a great one on the Island.

Hey Pollensa, "some kind of lunar calendar" (?). You always seemed to be the University type to me!!

pollensa 01-02-2006 05:36

"university type"? Afraid I am - but that didn't sound like a compliment..

Anyway, I'll shortly be updating the Events page with year's Easter dates as celebrated by Romans, Anglicans & a few others.

sonyaaa 01-02-2006 07:02

Thanks for that! but I didn't think my question was silly although now from your replies I feel quite stupid. My reasons (now feeling I have to justify my question) Easter chops and changes here all the time I now know why! so therefore I was not sure if the dates would be the same in PP.
Probably could have avoided feeling silly if the calender had been updated!

Thanks again

Sonya

pollensa 01-02-2006 07:07

Calendar is now updated!

mallorcaboy 02-02-2006 19:30

Re easter 2006

Sorry Pollensa, wasn't being rude, just joking around!