Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-02-2006, 23:31
Founder

Default Pollensa Wine Festival 21-23 April 2006

We have been advised that this year's Wine Festival in Pollensa town will take place on the weekend 21-23 April 2006. We don't have as yet any more info. We did have some posts from last year's festival. Unfortunately they 'disappeared' so if anyone who attended can remind us, that would be great.

Hopefully some of you will be able to attend & report back.

Webmaster.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2006, 16:22

Default Pollensa Wine Festival

I think Frito went. In fact I can still hear him in the early hours, tripping over those crates of Reserve he bought.
Old 22-02-2006, 06:30
robjay

Default Re: Pollensa Wine Festival

Mb it sounds like you and me need to pay Fritto a visit and help him out with his over stocked problem.
Robjay
Old 24-02-2006, 04:24

Yes I did go last year, but only to represent you lot!

It is certainly worth going to. Last year 27 vinyards were represented!
You pay a small sum at the door (7 or 8€ last year I think) and you get the programme, a nice wine glass and tickets for the wine. Nobody took any interest at all in taking tickets, all they wanted to do was serve you good wine!.
There were some of the new vinyards with some really good new wines, and lots of the older established companies trying to get you to sample their grand reservas!!!!!!
It's popular with the locals, and visitors. Suggest you go early. I understand that last year some of the new wines had run out on the Sunday.
Will the new Pollensa vinyard be making an appearance this year?
I'll have to go again on your behalf and find out!

Thank you Mallorcaboy for the comments about the noise.
You know that it's all to do with my comparative study of canned beers in Mallorca (a piece of work kept for the winter).
This study currently involves tasting 8 beers for taste, strength, colour etc, but people keep suggesting a new one, so the study has to start again!

Cheers!

Frito
Old 24-02-2006, 04:41
robjay

Now that sounds so good. I'm off to check the flight details. Frito I hope you will be publishing your findings from your case study, infact I hope the next time I'm out you can show MB & me the result of what I hope was an exhaustive research and maybe we can all have a tasting of the fruits of your labours.
I can't wait :lol
take care.

Robjay
Old 24-02-2006, 22:11
Founder

Have just come across this update:

Pollensa Wine Fair – April 21 – 23rd

The third Pollensa Wine Fair will be held in the town’s historic Cloisters of the Santo Domingo Convent. On the first day the fair is open to professional buyers from 17.00 – 21.00. On the 22nd the fair will be open to the public from 10.00 – 13.30 and from 17.00 to 21.00. On the final day it will be open from 10.00 – 13.30. The fair was started with the objective of promoting the regional wine produce of the island and the interest and demand from visitors, particularly foreign visitors, grows each year. Further information: HMC.Consulting@telefonica.net
Old 25-02-2006, 05:03
robjay

Thank you for the update Pollensa. sad to say I thinking I'm working that week
Take care.

Robjay
Old 13-03-2006, 01:20
Helen007

Default Wine Festival

The 22nd April is the last day of my two week holiday in PP. This Wine Festival sounds like it could be good fun, we used to go to one in Bristol every year (called the World Wine Festival, don't think it happens now) and it was the same principle with the free glass/tokens, etc. Is the purpose of this one to get you to buy crates of wine (won't be much use to us, we fly home the following day!) or is it just a good afternoon out?

Helen
Old 13-03-2006, 18:57
JMD40

Default Re: Wine Festival

Hello there. I think I was the person who put the original posting last year and several since to remind you all not to miss the event which promises to be bigger and better than last year. I am happy to go and taste on behalf of everyone who cannot make it! If I remember correctly, you were given tickets to taste 9 wines ffrom the 27 cellars for an entrance fee of just 4€, After 4 or 5 my head started to feel fussy as I am not an expert and was in no way going to spit out good wines however professional that may have looked!! As a previous posting said, most bodegas were not bothered about taking your ticket anyhow so you could keep going . . . . hic hic. We went on the Saturday morning which was excellent and it was possible to chat to the promoters about their wines and sample and nibble in relative comfort. Sunday morning being market day was very very busy. No, they are not trying to sell wines just to allow you to taste them and promote them. Last year two Pollensa vineyards were present, one of them offering a wine which was not yet on sale - it was a trial run!! Look forward to seeing more of you there this year. :eek
Old 15-03-2006, 03:35
Helen007

I will definitely be there....would it be better to go on the Saturday morning or evening - don't want them running out of all the good stuff! Think we had better leave the hire car in PP and get a cab!!

Helen
Old 16-04-2006, 01:20
JMD40

Hmmmm only one week to go . . . . bit worried about my work for next Saturday and trying to work it around my visit to the Cloisters and the wine fair but beginning to look tricky. Help, have been looking forward to this since last year so I shall have to find a solution. Hope to see some of you there . . . Hic hic.
Old 25-04-2006, 04:19
Helen007

Went to the Wine Fair on Saturday evening, it was brilliant,
5€ each to get in and they gave you a huge free wine glass, pen and a little booklet so you could make notes (as if!)

There were 35 stands and after about 5 we decided we had better pace ourselves so did one taste on each stall alternately otherwise we would have been legless. Great atmosphere but we both felt the whites were far superior to the reds (although we normally drink red more than white). Bought a couple of bottles to bring home and they were very reasonable.

anyone know what date it is next year so I can plan a holiday around it?

Helen