Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2006, 04:29
Founder

Default Feste de Virgen del Carme 2006

We've just heard that the annual fiesta in Puerto Pollensa is 10th-16th July 2006 with fireworks on Sun 16th. We don't have the full program as yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2006, 04:30

Fantastic news ......... we are coming out on 12th and I have been hoping we would be there for the fireworks .........

Can anyone give me tips re what's on when, where to watch etc etc ?
Old 20-06-2006, 04:46
Founder

Last year's program will give you an idea on what happens each day - there is always music & dancing in the main square in evening - see www.puertopollensa.com/events.html#JulAug - we'll update the program as soon as we get it & we get it translated - it is always published in Catalan!

(I've never seen the fireworks either so am very pleased I guessed right this year!)
Old 20-06-2006, 05:23

Brilliant I'm going out on the 15th for 5 days with a friend so will be there for the fireworks.Saw them a few years ago and they were amazing ..especially rockets being set off horizontally out to sea :eek

See you in the square cd for a bop afterwards ?

Debs
Old 21-06-2006, 01:10
Lala

Default Fiesta 2006

Oh that's a pity - we will miss it. We come home on the 10th. Always creates a great atmosphere. A few years ago we had a great night with a Queen tribute band and a Beatles tribute band playing in the square.
Old 04-07-2006, 19:02
Founder

Default Re: Fiesta 2006

We finally have the program for this year's fiesta, kindly translated into English by the Tourist Office. For full details see www.puertopollensa.com/events.html#JulAug - so do report if you get to go & post some photos to the Photo Group.
Old 29-07-2006, 04:48

Well what a fantastic ending to the festival

We took a stroll to the harbour, just near La Llonja at about 6pm and looked at all the boats decorated and awaiting their passengers

We then made our way to the church and waited for the congregation to leave with the Virgin and another statue ( excuse my ignorance but I think it was Jesus ) and after the main congregation had left the church we joined in the back of the procession and walked back to La Llonja where we watched everyone get onto the boats ( from tiny babies to very old ladies ) and take the Virgin and Jesus ( ? ) out to bless the bay.

It was a wonderful experience .......

After a great dinner in Tango ad a few drinks in the square, we made our way back towards La Gola and stood on the Stay Jetty to watch the fireworks

OMG are they something .......... I have seen many many great firework displays but this one tops the lot

If anyone gets the opportunity to be in PP for this day ( I assume it is around the middle of July each year then be there ....... you won't be sorry
Old 03-08-2006, 06:14

Did no one else see these fantastic fireworks and feel moved to comment ????

I was awestruck !!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:43

I have been an avid reader of the forum for some time and have at long last "joined".
I have to agree the fireworks were spectacular this year.We have been holidaying in PP now for about 8 yrs and try if possible to catch the fiesta.We were lucky enough to be staying on the seafront near La Gola so had a fantastic view from the balcony.The "parachute" fireworks were certainly a novelty this year.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:02

Were they ever

How on earth did they get them to go up and down ???????????
Old 04-08-2006, 04:02

Oh cd !! We were in Stay the night of the fireworks and I've posted about how fantastic they were under the Stay thread! I had emailed the restaurant before I arrived as I wanted a table in a prime viewing position. What a shame we missed each other ? I was with my daughter and friend and we were right by the harbours edge...mind you I was so amazed by the fireworks Johnny Depp could have walked by and I wouldn't have noticed

The parachute ones and the ones that landed in the sea ,went out and then came to life and 'floated 'on the surface..we'd never seen anything like it before!

Debs