Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Sant Antoni 2014 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/events-fiestas-pollensa-majorca/10793-sant-antoni-2014-a.html)

sws97sdg 04-11-2013 13:54

Sant Antoni 2014

Well flights have been booked for a while and confirming the apartment today so the countdown is now on, 10 weeks on Wednesday I believe! :) If any of you may be thinking of going over for it, give it a try, you will love it I'm sure!! :):)

CathB 04-11-2013 15:34

We are already on countdown..cant wait now :)

Mark 18-11-2013 12:21

After just 3 hours back at work after my November trip I am dreaming again about holidays.....

Can anyone tell me the dates for this in January 2014 :)

sws97sdg 18-11-2013 12:28

These dates never change, so hopefully someone can check dates... before I can!

Thursday 16th Jan 2014 Sant Antoni Sant Antoni is the patron saint of animals. There are bonfires on 16th & a benediction of animals on 17th Jan.
Friday 17th Jan 2014 Pi de Sant Antoni Pollensa/Port An enormous fir tree is taken through the town/port, through the church to the main square. See Sant Antoni Fiesta.

Sparky 18-11-2013 13:28

Yes Mark as SWS says the Sant Antoni Fiesta dates are set in stone, always 16th/17th January. If you have never been over for it i thoroughly recommend you do, it's no secret on the forum that it's my favourite of all the fiestas :D.

Sparky 13-12-2013 20:37

On the 16th January Nostalgia will have a huge bonfire and bbq, the a la carte menu will also be available and there will be live entertainment from The Fat Cats Jazz Band :D.

On the 17th during the day they will be serving bacon and egg butties & mulled wine :D.

Rosie34 14-12-2013 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 90742)
On the 16th January Nostalgia will have a huge bonfire and bbq, the a la carte menu will also be available and there will be live entertainment from The Fat Cats Jazz Band :D.

On the 17th during the day they will be serving bacon and egg butties & mulled wine :D.

Oh - I will be there in spirit - just the thought of bacon & egg butties and mulled wine - mmmmmmmmm:D

fil6699 17-12-2013 19:21

Norwegian air From Gatwick Direct to Palma out 12th jan back 19th so would take in Sant Antoni
£48.70 return incl taxes now that's a great deal to visit the best fiesta of the year :)

CathB 31-12-2013 16:20

Not many more sleeps now before we are back for Sant Antoni..

Sparky...any plans for a meet up beforehand like we did last year .. perhaps on Tues 14th..it was great to meet up with so many and put faces to names :):)

Sparky 31-12-2013 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by CathB (Post 91014)
Not many more sleeps now before we are back for Sant Antoni..

Sparky...any plans for a meet up beforehand like we did last year .. perhaps on Tues 14th..it was great to meet up with so many and put faces to names :):)

Yes of course Cath, will post time and place later :D.

Sparky 04-01-2014 10:26

Forum meeting.

OK shall we have a forum meeting on Tuesday 14th January at 11.30am but for a change how about the new "Casa Manolo" (formerly Can Torrens) ;).

CathB 04-01-2014 15:06

Sounds great..see you there :)

Sparky 08-01-2014 10:24

And so it begins.......we were wakened early this morning by a number of very loud booms, i think this was to summon the people to go to Formentor to select, cut down and strip the pine tree for next Friday. Getting excited :D:D.

Sparky 08-01-2014 10:51

Have just read this in the DDM Pollença sube mañana a Ternelles para talar el pino de Sant Antoni - Diario de Mallorca.

Quote:

Pollença Ternelles up tomorrow to cut pine Sant Antoni

POLLENCA The 'Pollença' prepare to enjoy one of the most heartfelt celebrations in the town, in the town of Nord reaches its peak on the holy night, with the rise of Sant Antoni Pi previously stands in the center of Plaça Vella.
Pine will be cut on Thursday, when a delegation of 'Pollença' will summon the nine o'clock in the football field to Ca from n'Escarrintxo towards the farm Ternelles where a pine tree about twenty feet high to cut it down and leave it in a position for 17 is selected when another large group of 'Pollença' will again go to Ternelles lowering pine Pollença.
Meanwhile, the pine Port de Pollença will be cut today on the grounds of Formentor.

sws97sdg 08-01-2014 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 91189)
And so it begins.......we were wakened early this morning by a number of very loud booms, i think this was to summon the people to go to Formentor to select, cut down and strip the pine tree for next Friday. Getting excited :D:D.

They don't hang about, pictures on Facebook already, looks a big one!!