Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca

Events & Fiestas in Pollensa and Majorca Do you know of any forthcoming events or fiestas? Have you visited any? Let us know.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By mwc
  • 1 Post By The Wob
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By sws97sdg
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-2013, 09:07
Super Moderator

Default Saint George's Day.

Happy St. George's Day to all our English members .
lollipop, Nick and sunnyboy like this.
Old 23-04-2013, 21:34

Talking

I will second that & a happy birthday to me, just a shame I could not celebrate it in Tango, not to worry, not too long now though.
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-04-2013, 22:02

Also, if you did not know....

Sant Jordi (St George) is also celebrated here in Mallorca.
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-04-2013, 22:44
Super Moderator

Happy birthday MWC .

The Wob is correct that Sant Jordi is celebrated here, it features books and a rose but i don't think there is anything about dragons .
Old 23-04-2013, 23:30
Banned

Indeed, English born and bred and proud !!!!!

And not afraid to say so ; - )
Sparky likes this.
Old 24-04-2013, 08:40

In fact there is a stature of St Jordi slaying the dragon on the cathedral in Palma, and also the cross of St George/St Jordi in the top left hand side of the Barca emblem!
Sparky likes this.

On island time!!

Last edited by sws97sdg; 24-04-2013 at 09:16.
Old 24-04-2013, 09:13
Super Moderator

From the Mallorca se moviliza para celebrar Sant Jordi con numerosas actividades » Cultura » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca, translated by Google.

Mallorca is mobilized to celebrate Sant Jordi with numerous activities.
Sant Jordi is here full of activities throughout Mallorca. The celebration of Dia del Llibre moment is marked by the economic crisis and purchases contained, which this year contrasts especially with the ever-expanding lineup of complementary proposals around books and reading. Bookstores, libraries, museums and other cultural venues of workshops, meetings with authors, book crossing, readings, storytelling, presentations or markets to encourage literary festival and help foster a passion for literature. Inca addition to traditional sales paredetes , Inca festival dedicates his book to honor a group of writers in Catalan. Espriu's work, Rosselló-Pòrcel or Villangómez focus the act of the day 23 in the Plaça d'Espanya, where schools students read some of his writings. At 1730, in the same space, they represent the beautiful Les fades dorment, and in the morning, storytelling in the Cloister of Sant Domingo. The events will run until the 27th with the market of second-hand books in the library of the cloister. Manacor will be activities in this town until the 28th, but for St. George's Day 23, Manacor has prepared in the cloister of Convent of San Vincente Ferrer, from 0900, exhibition and sale of books, and paradeta exchanges. The cloister is animated with the presence of literary characters of Manacor. At 1730, the library cuentancuentos Porto Cristo, and 18.00, children's show in Manacor.
Museum
The Museum offers book Baluard crossing and from 16.00 to 20.00, reading at its headquarters in L'illa of calm, of Rusinol, with the participation of persons related to the world of culture and who is pointing. The Fundació Pilar i Joan Miró present two books illustrated by Miró 23 and 24, at 12.00, while the Museu Can Prunera, in Soller, all week released books in different parts of the town and the 23rd install a paradeta at the door of the center. In the library of the House Solleric tast of food and letters. Palma 36 book sales paradetes fill the 23rd Ciutat center, which is animated by a Ànimacirc cercavila by an action brought by the Consell, which will also be giving with books to people who approach Crafts Culture Library in La Misericordia. In the mime space be held on 25, at 2030, a book club on Mort de dama, Llorenç Villalonga and 26, at 17.30, literary itinerary on the same title by Palma. In the Mar i Terra, 23, presented the book Acorar, Toni Gomila, while municipal libraries and knowledge trees installed bookmarks given away to children. Selva La Placa will fill the 23, since 0930, of animated by the group paradetes Pirates Musicals. There will be storytelling 25, at 17.30, in the library and a round table, 26 at 19.30 in the auditorium's Centre. Capdepera Since 0900, the Plaça d'Orient welcome news stalls also used books hand and roses. Vilafranca de Bonany Marketplace Books market and solidarity, on April 28. On the 27th, Rock'n Book. Throughout the week there will be presentations, storytelling and children's theater performances. CineCiutat The theaters palm S'Escorxador install a stall selling books on the cinema on the 24th, from 18.00. And from 20.00 hours, the movie The Dead Poets original version subtitled in Castilian.

There are some photos here :- Fotogalerías » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:34
Super Moderator

Andrew has written a very interesting piece on his blog today, it explains how and why Mallorca came to celebrate Sant Jordi (St. George's Day) , you can read it here :-
http://alcudiapollensa.blogspot.com.es/